Why aren't you using LibreOffice?

Why aren't you using LibreOffice?

Attached: Screenshot_20181218-171517__01.jpg (1080x1391, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50916
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I know TeX.

Have fun trying to make a spreadsheet using TeX

If you actually need an office suite - God help you - you need Office and not some half-assed substitute.

I use libre office, but I'm basically an n-word in terms of my financial situation so there's that. It gets the job done.

That's what Visicalc is for.

>twitter screenshot

Is the ribbon out of experimental?

because they preferred shitty traced on stock pictures over good looking mascot because it was "too anime".

Attached: DK0l8Y-VYAIzB-o.jpg (1200x1069, 145K)

>n-word

Just say nigger

Because they don't respect my wiafu.

>120 bug and regression fixes
On a mature project
The absolute state of The Document Foundation

Based and redpilled.

what's a regression?

It causes BSOD on quitting on my laptop. It's fucking shit.

Because LaTeX exists

>n-word
you need to go back

>avoids "nigger" cause its racist
>still uses nigger as synonym of being poor

Attached: 129.gif (198x189, 1.33M)

For some reason it often stops rendering gui text on my windows machine, so i pirated office. Also, it's kinda heavy, word/excel feels much snappier.

Fun fact I'm actually using LibreOffice for a long time.

Still using it.

Attached: i-see-you-fuck-bitches.jpg (500x388, 37K)

desu the mods on this board shut discussions down when there is too much well deserved tranny bashing. theyll do the same over discussions or mentions of niggers and other naughty naughty no no words.

>jannies doing their job
that's a good joke

Because they deleted my waifu

Attached: this is why I bomb people - Osama.jpg (261x173, 10K)

Libbie best girl.

Just started

>ribbon
is cancer the current look is the best MS word 2003 interface is the bast 2007+ is a useless toy.

because my cracked 2007 suite still works for everything i need it to?

I like it, it's more useful than the regular toolbar, and it doesn't remove the regular drop-down menus.

It's shit. I'd rather use Word 2003 than that trash.
No hyperbole.

This and g/troff are nice.

For the same reason i don't use the regular office.

I will never forget Libbie and what they did to her.

That's not anime that's furshit and keep in mind the day I become president you furfags are on the first line to get the rope.

I can afford real software. Also my liability insurance premiums would rise if they found out I use openshitware in my business.

Why? It literally only gets in the way the only benefit from it is to have gigantic icons for no fucken reason other then taking up more screen space.

This shit was/is hated the moment it was created by MS and their other abortions.
Learn the 2003 interface its literally better and faster in every way and we are concerned with productivity.

Have been since OpenOffice went to shit. I only use it for Spreadsheets as there are no good free alternatives. Going to see how it does at Databases next.

I still use the traditional menu bars rather than scavenging through ribbon tabs if something's not on the home tab, so the ribbon's better than the toolbar. I'm not worried about screen space.

>gigantic icons
yeah fucking shit looks like they let a drunk 3year old design the toolbars. why can't m$ just copy from apple? i mean they copy everything else ...

MS has burred me to a ribbon interface they scattered functionality over tabs for no fucken reason whatsoever so you have to click all over the place to get things to work.

And we know what a fucken mess gnome 3 and unity are.
The devs love to copy bad ideas from MS or go full retard and fuck everything on their own.

Is LibreOffice good enough for uni?

If you love you work corrupted and your editor crashing when you are doing stuff, sure.

Gnome is another type of retardation with their love of CSDs and shoving everything in 1-icon dropdown menus.

nice fucking LARP fagtron

If you're a student you should be able to get MS Office for

I use WPS and it's been pretty good and compatible with the MS suite.

For basic Word/Excel shit? Yes, it is.

>Is LibreOffice good enough for uni?
I'm a GNU fanatic however I will stop you right here and say NO!
use it for your own needs, uni can fuck you over you don't want to be the only kid who asks how to make this happen in LO after the professor explained it for MS word.

The changes in button placements and options can be a living nightmare if you are working under pressure.

On the other hand I use it all the time for my own projects or writing. You should to. Only don't ever try to do wild shit like this because nothing will make you resentful then seeing this scenario with alternative software.

And this is about all alternatives in all of history.

The solution is simple make a law to require uni only to use LO. Problem solved, then MS word is the one out.

I am and have been for years neckband. .

WPS is a better alternative, honestly.

>using spreadsheets instead of dataframes or SQL

>uses LibreOffice
>opens shitton of filetypes
>handles misformatted files pretty well
>runs fast
>free
>only "downside": can't use VBA (shit scripting lang, barely any loss)

>uses MS Office
>costs a ton for a limited-time license
>chugs resources like motherfucker
>can open official files and sometimes open types
>shits itself if tries to open something with a single corrupted byte

I did both my thesis and masters thesis in LO. Its easier to split it into multiple files, but i managed to do them in one file. I liked the equations better since they look like ass in word.

>Gnome
I needed to work on a PC that did only have gnome with no option to change the DE (boss says no). Working with this shit was a living nightmare.

>use it for your own needs, uni can fuck you over you don't want to be the only kid who asks how to make this happen in LO after the professor explained it for MS word.
What kind of university uses Word or any word processor for that matter for anything? Thesis should be written in Latex, anything else shouldn't matter and even WordPad should do the work. The only reason to have them installed is to open docx/odt because some retards hadn't heard about PDF.

cause office is free if you know how and where to go

>What kind of university uses
STOP! Think.
>uses Word
We are talking about Office and Office has excel in it.

Can you name uni uses for a spreadsheet?
Because there are a lot.

Are you purposefully retarded?

Neat, my university gives everyone o365 seats, but everyone uses google docs anyway because microsoft's collaboration tools are convoluted garbage.

>Can you name uni uses for a spreadsheet?
>Because there are a lot.
Can you name a reason why university wouldn't just use Matlab?

You specifically stated MS Word and then you spew stuff about Excel, that's some impressive goal posts moving.

Libre office looks awful

>PDF.
OK. You have to explain this to me.
Why the fuck do academics send this terrible format and use it everywhere?

Literally why?!
Its a pain in the ass to open, sometimes making a copy from the text in a PDF is hell. And you are trying to copy a simple list.
Why the fuck don't these jokers use simple TXT (Yea 8/10 of the PDF I get from professors are plain text !!!!)

And if they need to include some graphics why not simply use ODT?
Literally easy to work with, exactly like MS word files only everything can open it.

Why the fuck PDF!?
And don't give me the crazy.
>Oh its the exchange between different computers.
The fuck you crackhead retard! This was fixed with the invention of UTF 8! The fuck are you talking about?

Attached: STOP PDF.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

>saying all niggers are poor
you poor nigger..

>You specifically stated MS Word
I checked my own post, you are correct.
however this was a example the same is true for excel etc.

I was under the impression we where talking about the entire LO think not only word VS writer.
I only used word for the example.

>being this retarded
It never fucking crashes, ever. And you can export shit as pdf so your retard teachers can read it without any issue since docx is absolute garbage.

>Its a pain in the ass to open
The browser you send your bullshit through can open it just fine.
>sometimes making a copy from the text in a PDF is hell
Because some idiot set up compression on it.
>And if they need to include some graphics why not simply use ODT?
Hmmm, maybe because I need fucking 300MB word processing suite to take a look at a picture?
>This was fixed with the invention of UTF 8!
You can format your text using UTF? That's something new.

Not sure what kind of pasta this is, but it's the most retarded one I read in a long time.

I'm and is not me.

Nobody said it was you, both are retards.

I use groff for typesetting when I don't need any fancy mathematical symbols.

>It never fucking crashes
>About 547,000 results

>they still had over 120 known bugs
JUST

nothing beats MS-Office tbqh

It's all bloat. Git gud and use more minimalist software, newfag

Libbie lives on in our hearts

>can't use VBA
Last time I checked, you can. Try harder user

>Because some idiot set up compression on it.
How is this even a counter point? It sucks ass to get this PDF shit.
>You can format your text using UTF? That's something new.
ODT can.
>Hmmm, maybe because I need fucking 300MB word processing suite to take a look at a picture?
How is this even a counter point?
And needing a PDF reader is somehow better?
You know some of us hate the fact that our browsers are bloated only to support PDF and its cancerous format?
You know a web browser is for the web and HTML?
This solution is objectively worse in all possible worlds.

Why the fuck do you fags keep on posting PDFs everywhere?! WHY?!

You did not even say anything about:
Now the world is waiting for you to make a relevant point.

>And needing a PDF reader is somehow better?
Hello, this is a message from 2008, every decent browser can read PDF files, including Edge.

Because its inferior when compared to Office.

I like the ribbon better, its superior and so is the flat interface.
Not according to my college, everyone gets free office 365 and the portal only lets you upload certain file types. Check with your school for what's required before getting anything.

When was the last time you had to open a proper document and not just a text file?

>Hello, this is a message from 2008, every decent browser can read PDF files,
You are literally not answering the question
You know some of us hate the fact that our browsers are bloated only to support PDF?

This is real bad bloat the web browser is not supposed to open PDFs!
Whats next browsers open Photoshop files?

And why the fuck has this non web file format crept its way into every browser?

And why are you using it!? WHY?! WHY?!
Why are you obsessed with pushing PDF everywhere explain this!?

>t.

Attached: 1450588687548.jpg (1252x1252, 232K)

Oh cool, let me open up this spreadsheet I've got here with 1025 columns in it. All the calculations are in the last column, so I want to see how libreoffice handles this complex spreadsheet!

bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=50916

Have fun trying to make a spreadsheet in general. Just use R.

>furfags
you can't fit your homosex inhuman scum into a 24x24 pixel icon.
yiff in hell.

>n-word

Attached: mv5bytvintczndqtmme0zi00mwjkltlkmzgtntdjzjcymda1ztgxxkeyxkfqcgdeqxvymtq4mjm0mja-_v1_1.jpg?quality=80 (1023x804, 114K)

Spreadsheets are a boomer meme.

>n-word
N I G G E R

Attached: 1487566075812.gif (278x214, 1.31M)

>Why the fuck don't these jokers use simple TXT
Because txt files are a pain in the ass to format. Like, you either just put an entire paragraph on one line and end up with an unreadable mess, or carefully break the text down to 80 or however many columns, then realize you want to insert a new sentence in the middle of a paragraph and now you have to carefully realign everything.
You probably forgot to install a pdf viewer.
PDF is superior to ODT for read-only documents because you don't have to install an entire word processor to open it.

The only problem I got with Libreoffice isn't with the suit itself, yet it completely fucks up it's usability.
When making a chart in MS Excel and then opening the same file with LO Calc, the chart is somehow read as a image, so you can't edit it anymore.
In the cases where the chart stays as plotted data (e.g. creating it first in Calc then moving it to Excel and back to Calc) you could edit the formatting but for some unholy reason not the data itself: ranges, slope, r2 and so on are just uneditable. I've noticed that just opening the file, without saving, fucks up the charts too.
This makes using Calc very annoying.

>You know some of us hate the fact that our browsers are bloated only to support PDF?
No, browsers are bloated because they use hundreds of megabytes to render a single webpage. The included pdf viewer has nothing to do with it.

>Because txt files are a pain in the ass to format. Like, you either just put an entire paragraph on one line and end up with an unreadable mess, or carefully break the text down to 80 or however many columns, then realize you want to insert a new sentence in the middle of a paragraph and now you have to carefully realign everything.

Yea I never understood this.
I don't split TXT based on this shit i simply type and when I resize the window and the text simply flows from one and to the other. I actually advice everyone to make TXT like this so the DOS using fagots piss themselves or whoever uses this outdated horse shit line split after whatever characters.

>you don't have to install an entire word processor to open it.
Not an argument.
And installing a PDF viewer is somehow better ?! And before you go full retard and start talking about browsers remember that this is literally degenerating everyone's experience and bloating everyone's browser.

Seriously there are arguments for having Flash or other shit in the browser PDF is not a WEB FORMAT YOU RETARDED FUCKES! Your retardation and pushing this crap everywhere degraded everyone's browser!

Why are you using PDFs in the first place!
You people are brain damaged clowns!

Attached: Y2iXpNqZ2GJKo6DXu6S38T7RT4JLhdwPRW3AqZLUTv5Fc.png (586x373, 326K)

Because we work with latex.
Also pdf stands for portable document format, every device can open it, no matter what. If it has any kind of pdf reader you can open it, and it will look the same. Whereas editable formats can and will look different in different devices and software

Here we go full retard clown mode.
Lets point and laugh at the PDF retards.

>Also pdf stands for portable document format
What has this to do with anything?

>every device can open it,
Interpretation :
>Other formats are not portable.
OK retardo explain to everyone how ODT can not be opened on other computer.
Show how UTF-8 TXT Or better yet UTF-8 HTML is not portable.

Holy Jesus fuck UTF-8 HTML is more portable then PDF and I challenge you to try to question this!

Shit PDF fags say (you can google this for yourself)
>>PDF format is the most platform independent format of document there is. Changing the processor/OS/Reader version(upto last compatibility) causes least change is PDF out of all document formats, secondly the PDF format provides security.
>>Changing the processor
>>Changing the processor
>>processor
>>processor
>>PROCESSOR

This is demonstratively wrong. PDF shills are brain damaged and often go full retard.

Try to counter the argument of UTF-8 HTML or ODT fagot! Its always the same management level boomer retards.

Attached: images.jpg (193x261, 9K)

It isn't. Unless you use Adobe software.

>Its a pain in the ass to open, sometimes making a copy from the text in a PDF is hell.
False for non LaTeX documents.

>Why the fuck don't these jokers use simple TXT
Because TXT has zero of the required features.
Like, math or images or Theorems or lists or ...

Because they are a lot harder to open and you can't guarantee consistency between documents.
Also they are a lot harder to create.

>Why the fuck PDF!?
It is a format which allows transfers of extremely complex documents with perfect accuracy.

>OK retardo explain to everyone how ODT can not be opened on other computer.
It requires special software and usually the formatting is completely messed up.

>Show how UTF-8 TXT Or better yet UTF-8 HTML is not portable.
It is. But it is useless, you can barely do anything with that.

>Try to counter the argument of UTF-8 HTML or ODT fagot!
UTF8 is a JOKE format for documents, which anyone who ever had to send in a document knows.
ODT is inconsistent, hard to open and painful to create.

>And installing a PDF viewer is somehow better ?!
Your Browser probably has one already, can't be much simpler.

>And before you go full retard and start talking about browsers remember that this is literally degenerating everyone's experience and bloating everyone's browser.
Bloat is not an argument for anything.

>Why are you using PDFs in the first place!
Its the ONLY format which allows easy to create but limitless complex, universally accessible and 100% consistent documents.
No other format can do that.

>This is demonstratively wrong.
How?

I have viewed PDFs on different processors and even architectures, they looked identical.
Something which I couldn't say about using some obscure format for a bad document creation system like .doc or .odt.

>Unless you use Adobe software.
Translation
>>only install Adobe shit software.
How about NO. You fagot Adobe shill?

>ODT is inconsistent, hard to open and painful to create.
>ODT ..painful to create.
>hard to open
Point and laugh this is simply wrong.

Did you know you can embed fonts in ODT making it not fuck up if this system font is not installed.

>Because they are a lot harder to open
What are you even writing here? In what way? holy shit click it and it opens wow this was hard, NOT! Adobeshit feels like its having a hart attack before it opens anything.

Attached: YUdJD.png (484x548, 18K)

I have a Windows VM with Office 365 because my school supplies me templates for stuff like assignments and my thesis, and those just get utterly fucked in LibreOffice. It's been perfectly fine for almost everything else though.

>And installing a PDF viewer is somehow better?!
Yes, installing a simple document viewer for viewing documents is better than installing a full fledged word processor that provides editing functionality you don't need.

I use sc-im

Parrot was the best

>>Unless you use Adobe software.
Translation
>>only install Adobe shit software.
How about NO. You fagot Adobe shill?
Your reading comprehension is ZERO.

I said IT IS A PAIN TO USE IF (YES IF) YOU ARE USING ADOBE SOFTWARE LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

>Point and laugh this is simply wrong.
Did you know that it still fucks up the formatting? Try reading a document someone has sent you on your phone, it is absolutely unbearable.

>What are you even writing here? In what way? holy shit click it and it opens wow this was hard, NOT! Adobeshit feels like its having a hart attack before it opens anything.
Nobody uses such dumb software, my PC has no software to open such obscure formats.
Its like asking for an image but in return you get some .xcf which nobody uses and you need to install some obscure software to read it.

You also didn't address my arguments *against* odt, they are hard and painful to create you need obscure software to open them and they don't give a consistent document.