/compsci/

Why does everyone on Jow Forums hate /compsci/, what is wrong with it as a choice of major for uni. Im genuinely curious

Attached: Bruh.jpg (241x167, 38K)

Jow Forums hates everything that is remotely popular or mainstream.

Attached: 4chan-g-opposite.png (323x249, 114K)

college is a scam

this. i should know, i spent 9 years in college and ended up in a job i hate.

it doesn't make money

sorry not all of us go for neetbux

fox and the grapes

undergrad degree is easy as fuck to get dude

>he quit after an undergrad

>he wasted even more time at college

Because there are two groups of people that major in CS

1) Zoomer retards that want to make le epic vidya but can't code their way out of a paper bag and/or can't/refuse to learn math, despite math being a MAJOR requirement for CS

2) Normie faggots that have zero interest in programming or tech, but major in computer science because someone told them they can make 500k a year

Both of these people are cancer that ruin it for everyone else

you forgot about me - an intelligent individual whomst interested in theoretical computer science

I'm talking about the two dominant forces in the major, especially the first 2 years

You didn't miss him, he falls under category 1.

Attached: 1511288417991.png (417x467, 150K)

i know my math

Its for manchildren too dumb for Engineering. Expect your degree to be worthless against the swathes of pajeets who will work for a fraction

>despite math being a MAJOR requirement for CS

Babies' first set notation and proofs isn't major math. CS math is a joke.

I didn't choose CS as my degree, I went to uni for biology, but if I could redo my choice I'd try to pick something more practical that would end with me having a job after graduating.

It was a pain to apply places only to hear that my degree wasn't what they were looking for. Hospitals? Didn't care. Environmental Protection Agencies? Didn't care. Water Treatment Facility? Didn't care. Finally I just give up and try applying to some factory job and I get "Why do you want to work here if you have a university degree?? Go work at a hospital or something"

I feel CS would be similar. No job absolutely requires CS since it's too theoretical and broad and you'll be challenged at every job interview to try and relate what you learned at uni to their job requirements.

> be me
> graduate in compsci
> make 1 app
> make 1 mobile game
> apply for 100 jobs
> no interviews
> liteally looking for a job on Mac Donalds
> Trying to hide my major so I can fip burgers

I'd probably kill myself if I had to go back to retail after graduating

Nah, our life is precious user, we just get scammed sometimes...

Ummm, what? I had to take calculus, statistics, [logic, sets, and proofs](the logic part is math heavy), and math for comp sci. Additionally, much of the actual code is math heavy running physics simulations, matrix transformations, and cryptography? Either you are a larping brainlet, or a brainlet who got a pathetic failure of an education if you think comp sci isn't math heavy.

Attached: 1532027186703.jpg (1000x563, 44K)

I don't hate computer science in particular, but college in general is a scam.

look at this tryhard lmfao none of us want to fucking program we want to go into management and networking you fucking retarded code monkey retard

>be you
>apply for 100 jobs
>give up

ahhhhh, so that is why everyone here is a brainlet, might I direct you to Jow Forums? I hear they have this "bit-coin" thing which is currently on a great uptrend. Otherwise there are plenty of HYIPs that seem your style. I'm sure you won't be busted for those.

If you aren't willing to put in a little hard work to build something you will never get anywhere desu. Also, if I was just try-harding, I would have looked up all the required math related courses because that isn't all of them. But you obviously wouldn't know that, as you are clearly larping. XD

Attached: 1530258647871.jpg (690x720, 77K)

>Why does everyone on Jow Forums hate /compsci/,
Because they failed at calculus.

kek, this desu

Attached: 1545124451410.jpg (450x677, 23K)

I don't hate it.
It's not for me, tho:
1. I'm a brainlet and can't wrap my head around algebra
2. I just want to write comfy programs, not be a scientist

Attached: 1540720100804.jpg (707x1000, 111K)

Things Jow Forums believes:

The fewer degrees you have, the smarter you are

The fewer keys your keyboard has, the better you are at programming

Easy programming languages are for brainlets. If you use an easy language this means you don't know how to use a more difficult language.

Minimal GNU/Linux refers to the number of packages, as if package was a unit of measurement, not the overall size or speed.

I need a case window and LEDs to "monitor dust buildup".

It’s not a scam. Both of you are just retarded.

t. gainfully employed recent grad loading up on crypto before the next run

So don't get a thinkpad or MacBook? So get an hp laptop?

Last one is only from /v/ermin board-er hoppers

dell, hp is shit,

This

>Why does everyone on Jow Forums hate /compsci/
Because they are either tsundere or jealous that they don't have a degree. I personally am not a fan of a cs degree because I think it has somewhat limited upwards mobility, especially when looking 30-40 years into the future. I'd rather be the guy telling other people what to do than be the one being told, but that's just my perspective.

I dunno I just took IT instead
people think that for some reason you HAVE to take CS in order to be a good programmer

Attached: Susie Fortnite.gif (200x200, 83K)

You forgot the nerds that fall for the "new Steve Jobs" meme

Is Comp Sci useful for UX Design?

The vast majority of CS majors end up in web or app development. You don't need a 4 year degree to make websites. Save your money and go to a bootcamp instead of university. You won't learn anything of real world value in school.

kill yourself

Because Nukeng is so much superior.

Attached: neptune but tits big.jpg (800x1132, 376K)

They believe they are equal to a real engineer. No sweetie, writing javascript doesnt make you engineer.