/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: 1a499fe9398b934eaa98826917512ab2.jpg (1200x900, 708K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
africansuntimes.com/2016/05/is-the-black-male-penis-really-larger-than-the-white-male-penis-yes/
prisjakt.no/
youtube.com/watch?v=HkIpddogl_Y
en-us.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-he-1
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/a7m6by/bump_on_dt_990_pro_metal_slider_keeps_getting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What headphone is the HD 600 with better sound stage?

HD800+EQ.

HD800S/HD800+SDR

I was unironically expecting someone to say stax. I heard the vocals on the HD 800 is a little recessed though. Will EQ help a lot?

STAX's vocals are also recessed in some ways as it's not really a diffuse field sound. EQ the HD800 to sound more like the HD600 and you're golden. HD800 or HD800S works, no need for mods, EQ is a lot more flexible.

good good.

Attached: Good Good.png (200x284, 80K)

stax

Reminder that 1990's treble is perfectly fine and even then they're highly sensitive to EQ so you can adjust them to your liking.
Meanwhile mudcannons like HD 600 will never have bass or highs.

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax shitphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 15282831694830.jpg (745x480, 42K)

go away hitler

6.2” whiteboi “penis” was rated lower in blind tests than a 6.3” nigger dick
africansuntimes.com/2016/05/is-the-black-male-penis-really-larger-than-the-white-male-penis-yes/

LOL, wh*teboi “penis” is literally cuckold garbage

Stax incels on suicide watch

Wh*te incels on suicide watch

What's with the 1990 shilling as of lately? These headphones are literally garbage. Must be post purchase rationalization.

Attached: 5c5e80ae2bc0712718a59ff7c8b4d8f5.png (960x720, 66K)

and there he is.

HD800S EQ’d to Harman target curve is glorious as fuck. Genuinely sounds amazing.

Mine is EQ'd to Harman's target without the bass boost.

What is the best eq app for android?

Is the EQ aggressive?

Attached: pog.jpg (550x500, 17K)

I have 10$ beyerdynamics with a omnidirectional mic on them so you don't need a mic arm.

not going to tell you how I got them ^_^

Literally everyone who has reviewed them says otherwise. Stop being a butthurt senntoddler

And many people think that cables changes sound. Your post means nothing.

>senncel cope

Requesting some help - in the right thread this time. dont really care if they are wired/wireless.
>Budget
preferably 300-350 usd / 2600-3000 nok, flexible.
>Location
Norway, price comps: prisjakt.no/
>Source
phone, s9+
>Type of headphone
on/over-ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
fairly comfortable, can deal with bit less comfort for a bit better quality.
>Sound signature
-
>Past headphones
ath-m50x - p boring sound
sennheiser momentum over-ear - hair snags
also have s315 iems

>what is post purchase rationalization
>what is shiny new toy syndrome
>what is cognitive dissonance
beyercope

stax

Objectively garbage

nigger dick

MA900

Is it worth paying a little more for an HD600 instead of just getting an HD6XX if I want a more neutral sound signature? How much of a difference is there?

Vocals on HD800 aren't that recessed, it's the fuck-you treble peak that just dominates. EQ will fix, but really, just but stax.

>Subjective opinion = garbage
>Graph reading = garbage
>Subjective opinions backed by graph reading + notes on personal taste = patrician

I can't find them without being overpriced above $600-700 when they used to cost $300
will decreasing treble on beyers make the vocals a little less recessed?
>stax

Which beyers? For the most part, yes. Anyone who has owned stax and beyers will tell you that stax are simply better.

1990 is nothing like 990 when it comes to treble, they're somewhat bright but not piercing or fatiguing, music actually sounds clean and energetic and there's no sibilance. Either way you can just EQ down the spikes a bit for a more laid back signature if that's your thing. I see no reason to get any other mid-fis right now, they just shit all over the competition.

>will decreasing treble on beyers make the vocals a little less recessed?
Not on 1990, what happens is that they become less revealing on highs, which actually can help remove "dirt" from poorly recorded and mastered tracks, which are the majority nowadays.

good evening lads
hope you're listening to some fun jams today

Attached: IMG_20180916_184411.jpg (2281x2945, 1.07M)

based

hd600 is 250 on amazon, the price would go back up eventually

youtube.com/watch?v=HkIpddogl_Y

Attached: 1394605954407.jpg (650x457, 48K)

Yeah, that's actually why I was wondering.

based nazi

>I see no reason to get any other mid-fis right now, they just shit all over the competition.
You're fucking deaf or you're 75 years old. I'm no HD600 shill but the DT880 sounds better than the DT1990 for half the price, it's flatter, has less treble, thus making it more neutral. The only beyers worth buying are the 770, 880, 990 and the DT250. You fucked up.

t. coping idol trash

I don't live in nippon land.
well rip.

What headphones are tubes best paired with?

What does HD 600 sound like after tubes?

What does HD 600 sound like after tubes?
the mud, the mudder and the muddest

tfw mudheiser still cant differentiate between hd598 and hd600

i also own dt235s
ur not special

post mudcannons, I'll start

Attached: mudderino.jpg (480x320, 34K)

>mudcannons
hd598*

The same as it does with a solid state amplifier. Tubes are pointless.
HD600 are anything but muddy because they have an extremely accurate upper midrange response which is the most sensitive hearing region. HD600 are super-clear and super-accurate headphones that aren't bright garbage like your favorite headphones.
HD598 is tuned for soundstage and slightly less accurate.

ye but the meme is mudheisers are hd598
snapheisers appropriated it because they have never listened to a pair of senns

>Tubes are pointless.
everyone says tubes changes sound tho. Is anyone here a tube autist?

t. sapphire/nigger dick

HD598 also isn't muddy unless you run it from a shitty high impedance source.

Hd6xx keeps giving me migraines over the left eye, what do?

i know but thats the meme ok

Stretch the headband, the contact pressure might be too much.

let it deform your skull and buy a better amp, it'll fix it

>Hd6xx
use books and leave it on them overnight. should reduce clamp pressure. Don't put too many books tho

Tubes give a darker signature.

Are sennheiser HE 1s worth the money?
en-us.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-he-1

HD599 or K612. But I'd buy a HD800 and EQ it as well.

>Are sennheiser HE 1s worth the money?
Yes, it's made by Sennheiser, the best headphone manufacturer in the world.

>extremely accurate
You mean honky and nasal. Sounds like shit.

t. Jamal

I'm not your boyfriend.

Literal snake oil. The sad truth is that this whole hobby is a meme because the technology used hasn't really advanced for decades. Even electrostatics are stone age technology at this point.
All you're going to get by spending more are sidegrades or miniscule increments in one portion of the spectrum.

We won't see any real improvements until there's a new technology that injects sound signals direcly into your brain or something of the sort. If you want an improvement right now then build a sound room and get top of the line speakers.

Do you have the HE1? How does it sound?

>asking the poorfag nostax incel if he has $55,000 headphones

Attached: 15270928001920.png (485x486, 259K)

Might try that, had 'em for like 6 months at least, heavy daily use, I stretch out the bands on the side every now and then, so I thought they'd be max comfy by now but after I have them on for a while I start to feel that migraine building

It's a widely known fact that senns are vice grips on large heads, you should have investigated.

ive had my hd600 for a bit and they used to clamp my head, but now they don't.
if you're getting migraines though i used to have that issue where the pressure would clamp the vein in my head.
take a spoonful of honey directly from a beehive or drink some water, hot shower.

I need headphones for work, closed or open that don't leak too much. Anything under 300, and I won't have an amp

>beyer build quality
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/a7m6by/bump_on_dt_990_pro_metal_slider_keeps_getting/

Only if I had vr along with my k7xx I could pretend to be an anime girl getting fucked

How does the HD599 compare to the HD600?

Buy a HD600 and you can actually get fucked (by Jamal).

H-how does that translate. Would it be a HD 650? Like more bass, more mids and less treble?

K612 sounds interesting if I ever find one to try out. HD 800 seems like my go to tho.

chink-fi man HE-6. You can drive this very, very easily. No Amp needed

Attached: 33B8546B-9D49-4456-9B84-DEB65A84EC4F.jpg (577x1024, 62K)

Sorry black is disgusting

The dynamic cone loudspeaker was invented in 1925. Electrostatic microphones and speakers were invented in 1916.

For small heads only.

Kind of like the Model F -> Model M. Dynamic transducers are just a cost saving cheaper alternative to estats.

Well stax really beats the shit out of these K701 sorry dynamic headphones it's hard to go back now.

Attached: 15452445373822984098304134127306.jpg (2880x2160, 1.06M)

Ever since I got my pair of headphones I've started to check out twink guys and imagine dressing them up in panties, skirts, and thigh highs.

Wrong. Stax are objectively garbage.

You have a buyers Stockholm syndrome.

Yes, it's a fact. Even best Stax shitphones sound objectively worse than K701.

Got some headphones, would like to make them wireless. Anything I can buy to do this? Something preferably small, but it shouldn't matter too much since I'll be working out at home.

What can I expect out of a headphone meet up?

>wrong
But you've never tried them.

probably ugly white lanklets who dress like shit.
Aka losers.

will I be raped?

It's a fact

So you admit to never actually trying them.
Nah, everyone here are pussies.

Musty BO and danddruffs on headphones, handful of chinamans mostly boomber deaf fags, and couple of redditards(you are here)

Attached: AB9FB1BC-C5F1-45F7-9747-38132C1D5710.png (680x680, 78K)

>Nah, everyone here are pussies.
:^)
Why are the majority of headphone people squishy?

I admit that Stax are objectively garbage and sound like shit

>Musty BO and danddruffs on headphones, handful of chinamans mostly boomber deaf fags, and couple of redditards(you are here)
Why is the community so nerdy?