Tabs or spaces?

tabs or spaces?
i prefer tabs

Attached: gondola_is_real.jpg (640x711, 60K)

imagine not writing your code in a single continuous line to save space

what the fuck is that image
is it a retarded finnish app or something

Attached: intense_thinging.png (462x341, 42K)

using tabs is illogical.
you cant use tabs and have nice formatting and also consistent line length at the same time. people will tell you "oh, but with tabs other programmers can adjust the indentation to their liking". yeah, imagine writing everything neatly formatted and then some retard opens it on their pc and it all looks like total shit. tabs? no thanks.

I just press tabs and my IDE converts them to 2 spaces.

imagine not configuring your spaces bar to print out half spaces

>jscript
>>/out/

#include/**/

int/**/main(void)/**/{
/*////*/double/**//**//**//**//**//**/a;
/*////*/float/**//**//**//**//**//**//**/b;
/*////*/long/**/double/**/c;
/*////*/
/*////*/std::cout/**/

what a god

tabs

rip that dude
he hung himself

Looks beautiful

Attached: 1468619690068.jpg (640x539, 80K)

i'd hate to debug your illegible jshit code

Both.

/**/ not /*_*/

Attached: Segoe Print Regular 10pt syntax highlighting code example image 3.png (254x100, 4K)

>what is ylilauta

C also has semicolons.
When did he say JS?

o fugg

Attached: 1484718600105.png (343x543, 3K)

>tabs or spaces
Here is the argument in a nutshell:
Tabs allow everyone looking at the file to adjust indentation width to their own preference, but can cause certain code blocks to look ugly and unaligned.
Spaces ensure that everything is aligned the exact same way regardless of how a system is setup, but forces everyone to use the same spacing.

I'd say using spaces just makes more sense because how autistic do you have to be to ensure all your code is indented 3 and a half spaces

That is not at all the argument, tabs for indentation + spaces for alignment vs. spaces for everything is the argument. You know it, you're just shilling for spaces using a false anti-tab argument to try and control the conversation because you're a authoritarian bloatist and boomer.

is he okay?

why has god abandoned us

OP
>tabs OR spaces
(You)
>the argument is tabs + spaces or just spaces

Attached: tfw imperitive.png (198x183, 6K)

a space is the width of one character in every monospaced font. a tab is whatever the fuck the editor/console/os decides it is. I hope you don't publish your code my dude

spaces so i can trigger my work colleagues

It's almost like I don't want retards reading my code.

Non english imageboards exist

I hear there's a pretty popular japanese clone of 4channel

(setq-default c-basic-offset 4) in my emacs config.

I'm quite sure those are pants drying

in good programming languages it doesn't actually matter

Tab key mapped to 4 spaces

Attached: CtAK7fVVIAA82Uz.jpg (717x391, 22K)

Whitespace in your code makes it more readable. The argument is over whether tabs or spaces are the best way to add whitespace to your code.

If you're not adding any whitespace at all to your code then it doesn't matter what you write in because nobody will read it.

Both. Tab to set basic structure and then spaces if something needs further alignment

Ok but now if someone opens up your code and they're using a different tab width than you your code isn't aligned anymore even.

spaces are for heathens. they make the file bigger and it's less efficient to go through and delete characters.

tabs all day

use vim you fool

tabs are what make sense, spaces are what zoomers will be raised on because of ancient webshit standards.

You have a point, but the compiler or interpreter itself shouldn't care.
Also, after a certain level, it really really doesn't.
Something like using vulkan in python would be horrible.

Eh the pic is from 24.12.2017 and Christmas is a common time for sudoku. It might just be pants though.

Also soft tabs of 4 spaces

Don't jump gondola!

god exists and he is weeping

This would be a problem for anyone using tabs, no?

Name one (1) time that you opened up the code of another and the indentation looked bad because of tabs
You can't, can you?
Use tabs

Attached: 38d.jpg (400x505, 133K)

He's not gonna jump. He is just observing the world from up there.

i ++

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 102K)