Arch vs. Manjaro

Should I switch to arch?
The only thing keeping me on manjaro is the fact that I can easily install and swap between multiple kernels. Other than that, I do a lot of work in a terminal and never use the GUI tools like Pamac.
Other than that, I don't like having to wait a few days to get new packages. I want to have true rolling release. Also, the arch repo servers are a lot faster than manjaro's.

What do you think, is it worth the time and effort?

Attached: hqdefault_1.jpg (480x238, 22K)

>The only thing keeping me on manjaro is the fact that I can easily install and swap between multiple kernels
what? you can do that on arch too. just install the kernel with pacman and update grub/your bootloader of choice

I'd say it's worth it, it's not a hard process to install and setup Arch like your Manjaro is setup

It doesn't take a lot of time or effort to install arch. If you are having a problem with it there are countless install guides on the internet. That being said, don't swap just for the meme. If you are happy with manjaro and the only problem is slightly slower servers I wouldn't

The time and effort wouldn't just be in straight installing it, but also reconfiguring my DE and copying/pasting all the files I have saved on the drive.

I switched to arch from manjaro a few weeks ago, it's really easy, if you aren't a computer/gnu+linux brainlet you will be able to follow the arch wiki installation guide really easily, I also kept my /home on a seperate partition and didn't format it, so all of my files were kept, I did have to delete KDE configs and start over though because it was a bit broken, trying to use some manjaro assets that were no longer there

install antergos

Just use the Manjaro testing repo if you want to be more bleeding edge

However Manjaro got the latest Firefox before arch did last release, it has been faster with kernels too on occasion

Ah right, I didn't think about that. In that case I don't think its worth it unless you have complete Jow Forums autism and enjoy that process.

Attached: 1524687254145.png (644x800, 15K)

what if I'm already in it

a little GNU/Linux protip, partition your home folder separated from the root and you'll keep all your settings and personal files when reinstalling

>what is separate home partition
user.....

this is a good person

and this is a toxic faggot

You can install pre-made arch distros like archbang or antergos.... it's pretty much an install script

Attached: 1531953860945.jpg (400x342, 39K)

>and this is a toxic faggot
Not him but you're a retard

Attached: kill self 882.png (327x327, 124K)

if you switch to Manjaro testing you will get the packages at the same time as Arch.

>n-n-not the guy you insulted b-but fuck you!!

Attached: 1531856943225.jpg (396x385, 31K)

Then you are probably ahead of Arch

dd if=/dev/ of=/dev/
dd if=/dev/ of=/dev/

Attached: brainletnpc.png (324x362, 45K)

Fellow redditor

I went from Arch to Manjaro simply because I want my OS to be easy and quick to install in case something goes wrong or I want to install it on another pc.
Stick to Manjaro unless you really, really want slightly newer packages.

Not true. Yes it's really easy and also quick if you do it often enough but being careful with every command takes time if you're not used to it. I installed it twice so far I think and I still would have to read the wiki if I were to install it again.

Can I do this while still using the OS or would I have to do it from a clean install?