Install ubuntu on hp laptop(my only computer)

>install ubuntu on hp laptop(my only computer)
>doesn't boot
>no way of getting another distro because that was only computer

what do you do in this situation?

Attached: f36ad7a9-fb9e-11e8-a39e-246e96398ca5-[02.32.666-02.59.033].webm (853x480, 2.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Depau/EtchDroid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Define "doesn't boot". Does it get as far as the grub bootloader? If not, go into the bios, look for secure boot, disable it and try installing again.

make sure its booting from the drive

Boot again from the USB
Make a partition
dd iso into partition
configure grub to boot from partition
Install over main partition

Use Recovery partition to go back to Windows. It's there for a reason on Laptops.

i deleted that partition

Attached: asuka covering her face[BK] 170320 Nogizaka46 – Nogizaka Under Construction ep098-[03.25.472-03.27 (1280x720, 2.35M)

is it possible to make a linux recovery partition?

yes, make sure to install gento on it

Ubuntu has weird obvious problems. What is Canonical up to? Are they trying to reduce the number of users before ending the distro?

>only computer
How are you posting? You can download the distro image on your phone and use Droid drive to host it as a bootable disk

this one seems autistic

Attached: file.png (199x261, 118K)

sakura showing her skills to sponsor-nims

Dude, it's a Korean special needs class.

Does Ubuntu's live-USB still work? That can do all kinds of things.

if you can't figure this shit out linux isn't for you. If you want to learn it get a testing pc that you can fuck and wipe over and over again until you know what your doing.

Attached: 1544416449067.jpg (450x450, 69K)

android device download iso use github.com/Depau/EtchDroid to create bootable drive

virtual machines are for shit like this
look up virtualbox OP

most premade laptop BIOSes only look for the windows bootloader, you will need to add it in yourself manually.

considering how retarded the OP is. I don't think he's be able to use virtual box

Describe the problem my man. Why doesn't it boot?

Etchdroid

There's just black screen and "kys tripfags" on it.

installing on virtual box is much different from installing on an actual computer, you dimwits

sometimes the computer will have firmware that rejects the distro and doesn't boot it

I'm a borderline weirdo, but gdi, that's horrible. How much of a neckbeard and pants pissing otaku do you have to be to watch that?

That's not cute, people don't act like that and it's scripted to appeal to autistic men. You really need to be socially inept to not cringe.

drivedroid on rooted phone. easy linux install via live cd iso