Why does this shit never work properly? Can't they just build it with docker or something

why does this shit never work properly? Can't they just build it with docker or something

Attached: 463e53bf-e0dd-459d-838d-cf25b0895d9f.jpg (523x547, 42K)

It worked better 12 years ago than it does today. It's not wine's fault though.

It exists on docker though?

Never mind it works to the extent a Windows compatibility layer can. Are you maybe using Ubuntu and the maintainers fucked up again or something?

i'm on arch and haven't been able to run anything wine related yet.

Curiously except the electron-builder which consistently just shits out windows installers on linux. How does google do it

Quite a lot of the DRM infested proprietary garbage won't run until you remove the DRM and so on. Maybe it's that.

> How does google do it
They seem to use native Linux binaries for most things?

Wine is fucking great, I play World of Warcraft using it and DXVK, zero issues. And Touhou.

Wow is a engine made in 1999 you fucking retard its literally one of the oldest programs run on modern computers even mspaint is newer

gaymerfags

Not really, they've updated it so much that it's essentially a completely different codebase by now. Same way modern Source-engine games aren't much like the code you were running when you played Half Life 2 for the first time about 14 years ago.

only run ms office 2010 and ps cs4.

Seething freetard with nogaemz. Don't trip on your autism when you gonna reply to this post.

>why does this shit never work properly?
Because the point of WINE is to imitate windows

gottem

You have to install playonlinux and read the compatibility of each game and install the right version and whatever else it says. There are a few games that regressed with new versions and became unplayable. I think this is what proton on steam does so you might want to look into that.

Weird, because Windows just works.

What are you trying to run? I generally have pretty good luck with WINE.

>Windows just ran :(
>Windows JUST
Yeah, he hit the nail on the head.

>implying I'm gonna reply

because you're using debian and their mutant packages

i'm on arch too and have been able to run everything wine related

>Windows just works
apparently you haven't tried to execute exe's made for a previous windows version on a newer one

my company cant work properly because outlook version is bugged we called for help and the only solution we were given was to just update the version you are using is bugged
>it just
every now and then i get a call from a coworker asking why this shit doesn't work

Attached: 1519555524805.png (633x758, 34K)

Lol

The fuck are you trying to run? Everything I try works fine on Mint, except a couple of niche things.

>tfw can't get visual novels to work with wine
Can't even get passed the install wizard

Install Windows 10

I've had no issues with Wine beyond having to use winetricks to install missing DLLs now and again
Even then it's a really minor thing

Are you too poor to install updates?

wine is absolute trash

Attached: machi7.jpg (266x280, 21K)

>Being this bad at English
And yet you just did

The details of many of Windows' system calls are actually not known. The people who make WINE try to guess them and it somewhat works. It will never work smoothly for all possible software as some shills expect (some even claim it already does kek).

Because installing Windows is easier and safer!

They do have a huge foundation of bug reports based on those calls to work from though. It doesn't have to get everything identical to windows if it can just make everything run instead (Which it does) wine works really well and very few things fail without reasons.

Oddly enough I never actually had trouble with Wine. I'm not a Linux poweruser but Wine was the one thing I figured out quickly and had a lot of success with.

That said GPU drivers are still fucking garbage so there's no point.

Haven't had any problems with it in 2008 and I assume it only got better. Haven't used neither Wine nor Linux since then.

>That said GPU drivers are still fucking garbage so there's no point.
lmao
maybe if you're an nvidiot

Works on my Distroâ„¢

Where to find premade WINEPREFIX for video games? I hatd winetricks so much, that shit definetly need new UI or made inti real program instead of hacked bash script

It used to be the the case years ago, but it has greatly improved during the past couple years.
Almost everything I throw at it runs mostly fine. If it doesn't, it's usually because you're missing some codec/library which you can install with winetricks.

Unless I'm misunderstanding it should be ~/.wine or ~/.playonlinux if you use POL

No, I'm talking about premade WINEPREFIX with registery fix, all dlls and dotnet dependencies so I don't need to deal with wineshit.
POL and playinlinux are simplt to manage your wineprefix. You still need to configure them using winetricks or their in-program settings that sometimes don't work

Lutris, Steam Play

>Touhou
Do you get stable FPS? Do your replays play correctly on Windows?