Are you ready for DDR5?

Time to upgrade Jow Forums

Attached: 1544051990885.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allamerican-electronic.myshopify.com/discount/CHRISTMASSALE?fbclid=IwAR2rPe69qm_OWGI5jcyrq0kDNfexfjzTKlKzbKxTOGGl5MHPtdbBZBv_vTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tfw already have 32 GiB of ddr4
JUST

ddr already costs too much nigga

I don't see what the issue is
you just got yourself a nice homeserver for when you upgrade

I just went from 16 to 32 about 2 weeks ago

china will go all in on ddr5

What happens when Infinity Fabric has a 5200MHz memory controller to work with?

It's important to keep a your home servers RAM fresh

I will use DDR3 until my 2500k dies

This except 4790k

Isn't it going to be publicly available by, like, 2020?

I just fucking built a brand new PC. Is this seriously that close? Goddammit.

Just adds more latency like from ddr2-3 it was 9ms and 3-4 it was 15ms or some thing. Which is actually uber shit. Ddr2 computers are so slow their lower frame rate adds weird latancy but fairly sure some highspeed ddr3 Intel is actually better for esports than any computer sold in last 4 years

10nm from Intel soon as well, and PCIe 5.0, HDMI 2.1

Will it be more reasonably priced than ddr4?

I'm currently still on 8 gigs of ddr3 and I refuse to upgrade due to the price of ddr4.

There's no point in building a new PC for the new technologies for at least two years, so building one now is a good idea.

Hold on I'm still at DDR2

>soon
>6 delays
>this time it's really here goyim

It'll be retard fast, or they'll have to use a lower ratio to constrain the data rate. DDR5 is going to have effective speeds far higher than 5200mhz. Early low power DIMMs were 5500mhz, Samsung already had some up to 6400 by this summer.

Nice retard bait.

Amd's apus will shine. We'll get ~20cu apus, most likely.

Want more ram we are soon going to be releasing a supplier for it:
allamerican-electronic.myshopify.com/discount/CHRISTMASSALE?fbclid=IwAR2rPe69qm_OWGI5jcyrq0kDNfexfjzTKlKzbKxTOGGl5MHPtdbBZBv_vTA

DDR3 and 2 still, no point until DDR8 comes out.

should i uograde my cpu to a 3rd gen ryzen from a 1700x or wait for ddr5 Boards and cpus?

Just kill yourself, user. That way you won't have to wait! xD

But I just got DDR4 getting the 9900k. Upgraded from 2500k.

IT WON"T BE OUT UNTIL @)@) YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC MOREWON IT WON"T WORTH IT UNTIL AT LEAST @)@! OR EVEN @)@@ FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING NIGGER

DDR5 on the desktop is years away, you stupid fucking /v/tard faggot. And if you're not some babby gayme-playing retard, you already own a platform with quad channel memory and so have more bandwidth than any stupid gaymer faggot will have even with DDR5.

Take your meds

DDR rams is going to become like browser versions. DDR12 is going to be released but it won't be much much faster than DDR4

you gonna see some serious shit

Nothing in life matters xD

haha good advice user xD

Great. It'll work great with my core duo cpu.

Cool, I've been looking for more RAM for my K6-2.
>what do you mean it wont work

We don't need ddr5. We need normally priced ddr4

I fucking love ddr

Attached: A4CFCB46-38E3-47D6-BBC1-1E2D7794EC7F.jpg (1164x1545, 330K)

*Hol’ up.

Ooh, nice. Already looking forward to the bitrot.

Attached: -1x-1.jpg (630x420, 187K)

That's a 2600 MHz memory controller, retard. Stop confusing transfer speeds with cycle times.

I'm still on ddr2 and a core2quad. Upgrading is for chumps.

what the fuck difference are you guys seeing in ram speeds? Unless you are running a server 24/7 why care?

Just get whatever goes with your CPU and be done with it

has ram prices gone down?

Attached: sakura face.webm (1920x1080, 2.9M)

only gaymurettes care about ram speed. productive people care about ECC. the rest are wagecucks who need only office applications that run on ddr2

>ram latency
>milliseconds
go back to playing your games

>the world owes me low prices
>by virtue of me breathing you have to work at a loss to provide me with my toys
entitled millenial - the post

>not even using capslock
amateur

nanoseconds stuck up when data transfers between CPU, RAM and other shit and form, you guessed it, ms.

>tfw 16GiB DDR3 1333MHz
No reason to upgrade

I already hate DDR4 specification for disallowing minimum sizes smaller than 2GB.
And now you expect me to support a forward trend? No way.

why

>CL42

b-but I just upgraded to DDR4 last month

>our new 10nm core is out!
>actually 12++++++++++++++++++

Noooo, b-but muh AM4 upgradability and long life!
I was lied to!

Attached: 1531785284314.gif (480x270, 392K)

>tfw 32GiB DDR3 1600MHz
It feels so good still, may upgrade when DDR5 drops. Been meaning to upgrade for over a year so I'm waiting™

Attached: 1523320780929.jpg (759x847, 48K)

t. burned down your own factories to increase the price of RAM

intel is switching to TSMC's 7nm process in 2020

based

>2012
>buy 8GB of DDR3 RAM for €30
>2013
>consider upgrading by buying another 8GB
>the same 8GB of DDR3 cost about 75€ now
>fast forward to 2018
>8GB of DDR4 cost €60
I guess that's how I stopped upgrading my PCs and stopped gayming. These prices are just artificial Jew shit. I remember building a good gaming PC for 1000€, now you pay 800€ for a decent graphics card.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

What about rowhammer, though?

Attached: 1478419393474.jpg (416x308, 17K)

it's just inflation grandpa, time to job hop and get that 100% raise you deserve

i use ddr2 ( there is no difference between ddr2 and ddr 4-5)

It's not about whether or not I have the money. I just don't feel like getting cucked by manufacturers anymore

Will Zen2 and/or the 2019 mobos support it?

Why is this entire thread talking about DDR versions as if there is a choice? It’s not like if you have a system with DDR4 you can just pick up DDR5 and use it.
Cant even really truly compare DDR versions either if different processers are needed

I might need to delid and repaste my 4670k soon. Wish me luck guys.

Buy or 3d print the delid tool, it works perfectly

What thermal paste should I use? Not gonna use liquid metal.

This, 2500k stronk. I'm just now picking up some used sticks of ddr3 so I can go from 8GB to 16 because I noticed I was hitting 6 or 7GB frequently.

I'm wondering if when we hit the limits of silicon we will have a software revolution where devs learn how to optimize their shit instead of relying on hardware optimization to carry their poo programming - at least until we figure out graphene or whatever the fuck is the next step.

Attached: HzH4PyO6Nb10.png (300x250, 28K)

I hope it's also double the price of DDR4
Because fuck technology

>2002+16
>still playing Extreme

dwarf fortress is quite sensitive to some ram related things

They could've just remodeled the interiors by swapping walls and ceilings, why tear it down?

it probably shouldn't be
what happens with it?

>it probably shouldn't be
Eh, given that it simulates a little world inside your PC, I'm not surprised it is

One of the core tasks of an OS is memory managment. programs should never really have problems.

still though, what happens in dwarf fortress? asking because I have a weird ram setup and want to play

yeah i'm hoping for this too but i am starting to think that we will end up just breaking computers down into smaller and smaller dedicated parts.

imagine having a dedicated javascript card just to free up your CPU

The only things that matter to df is single thread performance and ram latency.

There was a thread in overclock.net in which some guy compared different thermal pastes in between the metal plate and the die. I ended up buying the Artic Silver Ceramique 2 because it did ok on those benchmarks, is non-conductive and CHEAP.

I've been wanting to upgrade my 4690k but it still does everything I want/need pretty well outside from the odd CPU heavy title like vermintide 2 and even that only dips when there's a ton on screen. Get 100+ fps on games just fine and I don't do much else aside from run discord or foobar so I'm content for now. The weird push to upgrade NOW NOW NOW kinda irks me.

>he cant afford 60 euros
welfare queen detect

stop being poor lol

Nah I just grew out of bideo gaymes

Can processors even take advantage of them?

>yfw you realize some Chinese turbokike on the board probably suggested this in earnest

Attached: 1336194276662.jpg (768x1024, 168K)

isn't the biggest bottleneck the time it takes from the cpu to the ram?

Some programs just want raw bandwidth. For the same reason, it's also very good for iGPUs.

As my post # suggests, it's in Chinking101 class

Take your meds, Varg!

Also, the main latency problem with DRAM isn't really the latency from the core to the memory controller, but the latency of the DRAM itself. Not sure DDR5 actually improves on that, though.

>DDR5
>5G internet

whats the next 5 meme?

Will desktop and laptop ran ever be unified? There is no real difference, it's just extremely difficult to resell laptop ram.

i just bought a i7 and DDR4 ram

is there a speed difference between the two?
I always thought that it was just the Hertz that mattered but that can't be right if laptop ram isn't used elsewhere, right?

hell the form factor allows for better airflow so I would prefer this

Half Life 5

If I had to guess DDR5 and PCIE 4 (possibly 5 as it's nearly finalized already) on desktop in 2021 right when AM4 support ends.

Zen 2 will be DDR5.

>DDR rams is going to become like browser versions
Why? DDR was released in 2000, DDR2 in 2003, DDR3 in 2007, DDR4 in 2014.

No way, nigger