This is unironically the best tool for GUI around

This is unironically the best tool for GUI around.

Attached: 2144124142.png (1200x625, 29K)

What's that?

CSS

yep, electron is the future of apps. It already works for best text editors (vscode)

4 rupees has been deposited into your account

>implying linux wouldn't benefit if more applications were written in electron (since it is crossplatform)

No, I don't want to sacrifice 2Gb per application that previously used 150mb.

Sir, kindly do the needful

Seriousky crying about 2gb in 2018 lmao

>caring about ram in 2018
the only time I care about ram, is on my server (which doesn't use GUI anyways)

yeah lol, who cares if a text editor or im client uses the same amount of resources than a database engine serving a hundred requests per second lmao

a text editor should only weigh variables + window data + buffer in ram
you don't need a web browser with html and css and javascript to write a fucking text editor, you're just causing problems to yourself
t. made my own as a personal project

I can assure you VSCode is a better software that whatever you created

T. Seething emacs virgin

Yes, my code has lots of bugs and soketimes doesn't render correctly but if you really want an IDE that pretends to be a text editor, take a look at Geany, it's got lots of features yet it's lightweight. Juffed is more like a traditional text editor with compiled plugins, also still light. They don't use a web browser and memescript for their shit, they both use C++ and they weigh in at 14 MB and 6 MB and use GTK and Qt respectively. Meanwhile VSCode takes up a whopping 43 MB. Not going to do ram usage tests because i ain't downloadingvthat shit nigga.

Also
>t. seething microsoft shill

>Backslashes in hard coded file paths
*blocks your path*

>MUH 1 GB WHEN USING IT
>MUH 43MB WHEN DOWNLOADING IT

I am pretty sure i am literally writing and having a discussion with mentally challenged people stuck in the past,

Attached: 283822632983.jpg (800x450, 49K)

I am not. Are you? Using html, css and memescripts to write a text editor is backwards and opens huge room for incompetent programmers, html and css are easy to learn and understand as they are document markup and styling languages: they were made for documents, not programs. Anyone with bit of experience with html and css can brute-force their way to make a text editor interface. Javascript is no yood either because it is very easy to program with and it's very forgiving in algorithmic errors. These three mixed with Electron and a beginner's guide is enough to produce a working text editor. The program will most likely have bugs as the programmer isn't very experienced.
On the back-end side, Electron is a html viewer / JS framework hybrid, it can render very complex html pages with styles just as complex too, and needs to paint and draw it to the screen in a way similar to the painter's algorithm. Since HTML is dynamic, verbose and hierarchical, the viewer needs to keep a very big tree of elements that defines a complex document that works like a text editor interface, most of the time the elements have unique attributes. Rendering everything and painting it to the screen is really slow too as the looks of the elements are to be calculated. For the user, it's bad because not just because Electron hogs the CPU, GPU and RAM and the code might be buggy due to the low entry barrier but because the user might not have hardware powerful enough to run it. Using traditional methods is preffered as they are standardized and languages have a higher entry barrier and are less fprgiving, thus making the programmer more aware of bugs. Having a common standard for interface elements can result in a very fast draw function as the end result is predictable though platform dependent.

Pic related.

Attached: foryou.png (1821x1360, 467K)

I thought so too, then I learned flutter and I haven't had to look back at that mess yet.

The problem with don't giving a shit about RAM in 2018 is that when shitty devs realize it they stop caring about performance at all and push their bloated shit upon users, so we end up with an aplication that rapes your computer to do the most basic task.

Attached: konoharape-no-sato.jpg (477x358, 124K)

Is that an M$ product?

>2gb per program
on what planet? the most I've seen one use was vsc at 700mb when doing some stupid latex bench but most will be

It isn't raping your computer if to see it "raping it" you need to open the task manager and look at the numbers because the program itself runs as smooth as it gets

>MUH ELECTRON IS ONLY VS CODE XD

Kys fags

t. never used WPF

It is compared to properly written software.

Perfection doesn't exist, many Electron programs like Discord or Office work great.

I'm not asking for perfection, I'm asking that we stop straying further from it. Electron is a plague. Old hardware that should have no reason running software chokes because you feel the need to use websites pretending to be applications over applications.

>Old hardware that should have no reason running software chokes
>should have no reason running
>Chokes

No fucking shit

I reworded my post and didn't catch that. Old hardware that has no reason to choke on new software does because the software's ass

>Old hardware that has no reason to choke on new software does because the software's ass

Good thing it doesn't happen but if it does please provide links

Are you a special kind of stupid or something? How is software with 10x the resource requirements not going to cause older hardware to choke?

sure its easier to make bugs in languages with automatic garbage collection (Javascript/TS) than in language without one (C)

Its also easier to actually do something in JS

>How is software with 10x the resource requirements not going to cause older hardware to choke?

I love how you people associate Electorn with only VSCode which itself doesn't even choke on old hardware because if your hardware actually chokes on a program that takes 600-800MB then i am pretty sure its not old, its ancient.

Attached: 214141241.jpg (480x480, 22K)

>I love how you people associate Electorn with only VSCode
Sorry I'm not as fluent in how individual Electron applications run, that tends to happen when you avoid them.
>if your hardware actually chokes on a program that takes 600-800MB then i am pretty sure its not old, its ancient.
I have hardware I use regularly that doesn't even have that much memory; no excuse for a text editor to require such an abundance of memory unless you're editing a massive file.

>I have hardware I use regularly that doesn't even have that much memory

b8

Attached: 1540029884672.jpg (399x400, 13K)

What makes you say that?

Attached: Vaio UX.jpg (2367x1996, 849K)

>No excuse for a text editor to require such an abundance of memory unless you're editing a massive file.
This is one of my points. There's also no need for a messaging client, a disk image writer, Atom, none of that shit to take up loads of kikebytes of memory.

Btw I also download what's enough for me to do shit with enough convenience, any app that uses electron is like a pc part with RGB and GAYMURR EXTREME EDITION branding all over.

>There's also no need for a messaging client, a disk image writer, Atom, none of that shit to take up loads of kikebytes of memory
It doesn't harm anything tho

>resource usage doesn't matter
You're starting to sound like an intel shill.
Sierra alpha golf echo

It has pretty much been replaced by CSGO at this point. Even the CS1.6 following switched over

It matters when you visible see your (viable) PC struggling to run those apps, which doesn't happen

It matters period. "My system can handle it" is never an acceptable answer.

I’m guessing no one here has ever used apple’s interface builder

Based

>posting the shit version

Attached: argument-pyramid-v2.jpg (777x656, 79K)