Anyone have advice for a good laptop for a computer science degree?

Anyone have advice for a good laptop for a computer science degree?

My budget is 5k and I'd only use it for class

Attached: 1J4CV2a.png (768x1554, 328K)

Used ThinkPad卍

can't you make your own research since you are after a degree that requires good logic and problem solving skills?

Split your budget in half, first half for a good desktop for vidya and power and other half for a small laptop and booze, thank me later

Xps developer edition comes preinstalled with loonix

>Computer """Science"""
>requires good logic and problem solving skills
wew lad

so you'd rather the board be filled with AYYMD v. SHINTEL garbage? tech purchase advise is one of the less toxic parts of Jow Forums and I'd prefer if you keep away from here you cis white fascist scum.

Why it's a Unicode symbol, I wonder.

Don't get a gaming laptop, I made that mistake.

> toxic
> cis white fascist scum
You aren't helping, you absolute niggermonkey.

I don't have time to research I work 2 full time jobs and go to college.

Attached: 1541896792847.jpg (1737x1735, 602K)

I've never liked the LED keyboards and I do hear they are very poor for battery life. I'm looking mainly for a compact computer 13-14 inches.

5k? Jesus go buy a 300 dollar acer and spend the rest on a decent used honda/save it for rent.

>Fell for the CS meme
You deserve nothing, but an iPad.

It's the wrong way around and THE FÜHRER stole it for his purposes.

OP should just get a used ThinkPad or Macbook and be done with it.
Before the *40 series they're somewhat useable due to higher TDP, ie. less throttling.

you don't need a very powerful laptop. at my uni there is almost a competition over who has the oldest and shittiest laptop. id say there are two things you should keep in mind when choosing a lappy:
-battery life
-its ability to run linux

you can never go wrong with a thinkpad

kek, you don't get irony do you user?

I replaced that laptop with a Matebook Pro X. After looking around for several weeks it was the one that best fit what I was looking for.
>Higher than 1080p screen
>8+ hour battery life
>Dedicated gpu
>Usb type A port
Plus it can be purchased through microsoft so you don't have to go through a dodgy import site.
Also this, I'd still be using an 8 year old Vaio if the battery wasn't dead.

This. Have one and I love it....

I hear good things about Thinkpad, if I were to purchase one I've been looking at the x220 and also Lenovo laptop x1 carbon.

x220 is very nice, I just bought one a couple of weeks ago.
Came with a genuine 9 cell battery (the one that sticks out) and seemed to be in really good condition surpringly.