Terry who?

Why is he so famous?
He was a lunatic and not exactly a great programmer.
What's the deal? Why is everyone talking about him being a legend?

Attached: f168579288427cba99bbaadc7e04e15b130c0d39f5426bec437935989527c384.jpg (800x800, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=25hLohVZdME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He says nigger a lot

he's not famous, he is Jow Forums-famous.

he is what noob programmers think a good programmer should be

also he's a serious weirdo so people can relate to that.

This

He was the greatest programmer who ever lived. He single handedly built the Lord’s third temple and defeated the glowing CIA niggers.

OP here. I hope you are sarcastic.

He was a great programmer.

>not a great programmer
>built a compiler from scratch BY HIMSELF

where's your self-built OS niggers

the man's a genius, his views on personal computing and operating systems have always been spot on and you're just a contrarian nigger

he was a bitch. remember when he said "hey nigger" to a nigger passing by, and the nigger confronted him and he shat his pants? lmfao

user here
how do i know that you came from that place that start with r and ends with t

Attached: 1537028843199.jpg (640x640, 134K)

How about you write a compiler?

building a compiler is an undergrad exercise. building an OS is much different

> not exactly a great programmer.
wrong

Because it's Jow Forums
Majority here have low standards and are pussy fuck boys that are scared to leave the house

Aside from being a literal madman and a meme, his code is amazing from a technical standpoint, as well as being a strange and a unique example of how an OS can be constructed, refusing to follow mainstream or traditional methods/conventions of OS design. Simply from that standpoint, his OS is exemplary of how people can/should think outside the box in software design. A billion-strong army of pajeets couldn't build what he did alone.

Being skitzo, racist and paranoid only helps is popularity, around here at least.

May he watch us from heaven and bless our PCs. Finally, hes safe from the CIA niggers.

Attached: 1533345245738.jpg (900x598, 79K)

have you ever worked at Ticketmaster developing operating systems?

Simple OS it's undergrad too
Full toolchain from language to compiler and OS with good userland definitely isn't

He had unique and entertaining character that aligned with our interests, something you should work on.

>our
You need a father figure

t. nigger

>unique and entertaining character
that's a funny way to describe a guy people used to egg on for their own amusement

>Why is everyone talking about him being a legend?
as opposed to who? go ahead, name 5 actual """"legends""""

this

my point proven:
ITT: toddlerthink.

Mew, mewto, articuno, zapdos, moltres.

if igor have potat, and he cut potat into fries, he no have potat and fries, he have either potat or fries.

HE BUILT A COMPILER

Probably not genius level, but he was a very good C programmer.
cringe
Well, he had like 10 years of being unemployed while being supported by his parents. If we had the time and more importantly the patience or motivation to do it I'm sure some of us anons could do at least a basic OS + C compiler.
The Visopsys and the original MenuetOS OSes were done by a single person. Minix too, and the first version of Linux was done by Linus alone. And I'm sure there are other more obscure ones.
>working on becoming a Jow Forums-celeb
no thanks

>t he was a very good C programmer
how do you know

>if i had the time, patience and motivation
anyone with time, patience and motivation can take over the world, nigger
what's hard is getting patience and motivation, and have you thought about how his mental illness fucked him up? he was an extremely dedicated and passionate man, that's already impressive by itself, and he was an amazing low level programmer
.t electrical engineer that can only dream to be as good as Terry

because he built this
youtube.com/watch?v=25hLohVZdME
and it works pretty well, and in the video he meets with a s󠀀oyboy who brings him Shasta he talks about some programming stuff and you can see he knows what he's talking about.
I mean, it's not like there's so much to C, the language is very simple, you either know it well or you don't. but he also knows a bunch of stuff about OS design and low level hardware so that's a plus in my book.
having the patience and motivation to spend years of your life building something that is literally useless sounds like a mental illness by itself t󠀀bh. having the patience and motivation to build a useless OS by himself doesn't make him a genius, it actually makes him pretty stupid with his life decisions, and it doesn't mean his a genius, since like I said there are plenty of people who if they were stupid enough to try could do it because they have the basic skills required.
t. redittard who believes everything he hears
an OS with no memory management isn't anything revolutionary, it's how things were done since computers were fucking invented, and it stopped being done that way for a reason.
now, AFAIK the C-like interpreter has never been done from what a I know, but that's because it's a stupid proposition, if you're going to do an interpreted language you might as well go with something more high level, which the home machines of the 70s and 80s did with BASIC, and the Symbolics Lisp machines or even the .Net runtime which runs CIL or Android which runs a type of java bytecode if you want something more modern.
>his code is amazing from a technical standpoint
do you happen to have any proof for that? can you show me the file that's supposedly so well written? or are you repeating stupid memes out your ass?