/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

/mkg/ - Are we back?

>what do you have
>what do you want
>why did you have to buy a keyboard with browns because you couldnt use one with blues since you still live at your basement
>why is this placebo
>why are you poor and you have to chose a keyboard with chink cherry mx knockoffs
>why do you type faster at your rubber dome $5 keyboard
>why did you spent your paycheck on those fancy keycaps
>why did you spent $200 in a keyboard and you aren't able to touchtype

Also, General mechanical keyboard thread.

Attached: frankenbeam xt 3.jpg (1328x747, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9mkhwh/latest_budget_hotswap_board_tecware_phantom_elite/#ampf=undefined
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>PEACE TREATY TERMS TO END ROGUE JANITORS:
REUNIFICATION OF Jow Forums/4CHANNEL
RESIGNATION OF HIRO
BANNING OF ALL GENERALS FROM EVERY BOARD + DELETION OF /vg/
MAKE POSTING/PROMOTING DISCORD BANNABLE

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

Heil

Attached: Cover.jpg (1000x1000, 356K)

>tfw typing on MX Cherries

Attached: 1543669293582.gif (364x339, 768K)

1488 seig heil

Attached: FB_IMG_1544403594476.jpg (768x768, 36K)

Cherry Mx Brown

> Clear Cherry Blacks

lol u gay

Should i avoid gaymen keyboards like how id avoid gaymen headsets or is theit better quality even if not as abundant?

My cousin had a nice steel series though im not sure about the exact model. Quite a few keys where unresponsive so i became cautious about just splurging on a gaymen kb.

Hows the corsair k22?

Attached: d76.jpg (5805x2645, 3.04M)

Hello dear Jow Forums users, which aren't fucking trolls!

I am looking forward to build my own mechanical keyboard.

I like to have the option to replace any part, if it's defect.

Looked at the GH60. Can you recommend it?

Things I would like to have?
>Backlight (White is enought.)
>Wrist Rest

Why did you delete your post? also ducky makes some usb-c 60% keyboard with RGBT lighting

GH60 is kinda dated. KBDfans has much better options.

>what do you have
Bought a cheapo chinkboard with swappable switches, then later replaced the Outemu Blue switches for Gateron Browns, then later later swapped the shitty gamerchink keycaps for a Ducky set.

>what do you want
Deliberating between Kailh Box Burnt Orange, Royal, or Jade (can't decide if I want to go clicky or not) or if I should just get a Dell AT101w instead.

>why did you have to buy a keyboard with browns because you couldnt use one with blues since you still live at your basement
Didn't have to, just wasn't deep enough into mechs to know not all clickies are as high pitched and cheap sounding as Cherry Blues.

>why is this placebo
Because of the Jews.

>why are you poor and you have to chose a keyboard with chink cherry mx knockoffs
Because I'm employed at a fucking movie theater.

>why do you type faster at your rubber dome $5 keyboard
I don't type fast on anything.

>why did you spent your paycheck on those fancy keycaps
>fancy
lol

>why did you spent $200 in a keyboard and you aren't able to touchtype
Because I am a consumer whore.

Attached: MechanicalEagle Z-88.png (2400x1350, 3.75M)

Just arrived today, and just unboxed 10 minutes ago
what do I think of it /mkg/?

Attached: IMG_20181220_234040.jpg (4032x2268, 3.41M)

The artisan, like usual, ruins it.

I like topre

Attached: 38y2supxs1421.png (1200x1386, 182K)

looks cheap

Thanks doc

>/mkg/ - Are we back?
>>what do you have
filco MJ2 with blacks , 2mm orings, and SA oblivion keycaps
>>what do you want
topre, just to find out if I like them or not
>>why did you have to buy a keyboard with browns because you couldnt use one with blues since you still live at your basement
I got mine with blacks
>>why is this placebo
because of your rubber dome statement below, they are actually faster/cheaper/quieter
>>why are you poor and you have to chose a keyboard with chink cherry mx knockoffs
I'm not I bought a filco
>>why do you type faster at your rubber dome $5 keyboard
this is a good question because I do type faster on scissor switch than on my filco MJ2
>>why did you spent your paycheck on those fancy keycaps
I didn't
>>why did you spent $200 in a keyboard and you aren't able to touchtype
I didn't spend that much, and can touchtype just fine

Lads what keycap profile should I get for gteron yellows? I have my eye on a dsa set, but idk if such a low profile would fit linears well. I also imagine a high profile like SA would feel too wobbly.
Also how hard is it to lube linears?

do you not know what a placebo is?
also
>premium ABS

Attached: iag.png (950x1050, 905K)

like I care about keycaps lasting 60 years

>muh shine
um... who cares? all keycaps get shiny over time it's a fact. ABS as a material feels like shit. Harder plastics are better for keyboards and that's what everyone used to use until they started cheeping out.

it was cheap
heavy as shit tho
modular switches too

>heavy as shit tho
>doubt.webp

coming from my old Dynex, its heavy as fuck

Attached: IMG_20181221_001119.jpg (4032x2268, 3.89M)

>coming from my old Dynex, its heavy as fuck
>doubt.webm

doubt as much as you want fuccboi

Either you own a fisher-price looking toddler's toy or a desk fedora
What is the appeal

>ABS as a material feels like shit.
not to me it doesn't

It's nice to type on, something a lot of us have to do all day. Besides, you can just get a stock looking one.

finished my first build a few days ago.
tada68 pcb in a tofu65 case with hako royal true switches and sa dolch caps.
inb4 abs is shit. fuck of. I like it and I don't care if my caps shine a bit.

Attached: d781c8b.jpg (1600x1096, 189K)

looks gamery,
fucking burn it

What's a good budget option for a hot swappable pcb in europe? Do I have to buy from some chink site?

How are the hako royal trues? Does it discourage bottoming out as much as expected?

yes. they feel a bit like really heavy holy pandas with a longer and rounder bump.

tada68 board, zealios 65g. switches, OEM pbt keycaps, low profile aluminum case... very /comfy/ over here

Attached: tada_68.jpg (4032x3024, 3.69M)

>What is the appeal
Ricers have always existed and always will
Pic related is the car equivalent to colored key caps and braided cables
Most people don't take it seriously

Attached: 1541958739071.jpg (640x480, 81K)

Anyone here have a referral code for 15% off GMMK? Apparently you get one when buying it

I'm an adult!

Attached: 1533301987370.jpg (3368x1833, 569K)

Good morning mkg

Attached: IMG_20181221_083148789.jpg (3264x2448, 1.64M)

how does it look "gamery" besides the caps? I plan on replacing the caps but other than that its not "gamery" at all you fuckwit

based I'm an adult! poster

>how does it look "gamery" besides the thing that is gamery

Attached: 1535206111383.jpg (474x474, 16K)

>he doesn't use a tenkeyless keyboard with a numpad on his mouse
what's your excuse?

Attached: 1536784168911.jpg (1200x620, 123K)

>what's your excuse?
I'm adult.

>got the JCEX tracking number from KBDfans almost 2 days ago
>still no movement
merry fucking chrystler

Attached: where the fuck is my keyboard santa.jpg (960x1280, 75K)

oh fuck off, I just got the damn thing, and I'll be ordering new caps for it, does that calm your 'tism?

I had this issue with them during nigger Friday and it was because someone had put a label on the package incorrectly and they then had to resend it after it got returned to them. Send Wei an email

Now this is truly epic

>what's your excuse?
trackball, also being used to number row

Attached: memes.jpg (2886x2165, 2.41M)

>buys a rebranded GMMK
>asks for others thoughts
>can't handle them
Maybe is the best place for you

at least you're not using windows

>rebranded GMMK
got anything to back that up?

>timeframe which my new keyboard is supposed to arrive at comes about
>go downstairs to wait for it
>immediately here a loud *THUMP*ing noise
>go into my garden
>see that the deliveryman just threw my keyboard into the garden without even knocking
>open it up to inspect for damage
>nothing was harmed except for one of the spare keycaps

phew, what a dickhead.

Ohwell, even though this general is way past prebuilts might as well post first impressions anyway

>Retooled cherry mx blacks don't feel quite as smooth as Gateron blacks, but are definetly less wobbly and they haven't been broken in yet, despite being heavier than gat blacks they don't feel that much fatiguing which is nice, I could type all day on these with no problem
>As far as double shot PBT caps go, these are mediocre, the plastic isn't that thick at all (as evidence by the crushed spare keys) and they are not the most pleasant sounding keycaps I've ever heard. When I swapped them for some higher quality PBT keycaps the board sounded a bit better but still slightly dull overall which may just be because the keys are offering so much resistance.
>the cable routing is kinda silly, it's difficult to explain but basically it's prone to coming undone towards the end of the board and it pokes out from the right side of the board instead of being routed out of the top.
>The LED indicator lights are very bright and blue but thankfully they're blocked by the keycaps so they don't shine right into your eye, they literally hurt your eyes if you look at them head on though, almost as bad as looking into the sun. I'm considering replacing them.
>The front of the board's chasis is really rough, like sandpaper rough

Aside from that I'm quite please, not the best board I've ever owned but after I wear in the switches, repaint the board, replace the cable, replace the keycaps and fix this bizzare chasis roughness I think I have real nice board for causal such as myself.

Attached: 1528253004569.jpg (3264x1836, 1.29M)

Because I got RSI in my thumb from using those shitty gayman mouses.

It's made in the same factory and has the same parts.

like I said, do you have anything to back it up besides your own claims?

Yeah my eyes. If you open it up you'll see the parts are identical.

like I said, do you have anything to back it up besides your own claims?

[spoiler]help[/spoiler]

Attached: Untitled.png (1112x962, 78K)

Are you positive you got retooled blacks? Open up a keycap and take a look

You can go look at other reviews that say the same thing.

It uses the same exact software and has the same exact PCB. Of course it's a rebrand.

link? and before you say anything remember on whom the burden of proof lies on

google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9mkhwh/latest_budget_hotswap_board_tecware_phantom_elite/#ampf=undefined

yikes, i wonder why the guy bought it without even doing any research at all

Yeah they're retooled. Here you go.

Why did you ask?

Attached: 1514028044424.jpg (1836x3264, 669K)

Also holy shit I didn't realise just how bad the keycaps were, look how rough the caps are around the edges what the fuck.

Hello guys, my first post here, so let's hope this goes well. The Logitech K120 is the best keyboard I have ever tried. It only cost me 8£ brand new. Why is it good you ask? I shall tell you.

Well, first of all: this keyboard is from Logitech, which is undoubtedly the best keyboard manufacturer today. It is a rather common keyboard, yes; but because it is a Logitech, somehow it doesn't feel cheap. It's like the brand itself makes a crappy keyboard turn into a great one. I don't know, Logitech has always made me feel comfortable with cheaper products. The keys are superbly well distributed, and your fingers won't touch the surrounding keys like some other ones I've tried. The keys are also not very soft, nor very hard to press down on. You know, this keyboard makes it just right, so that you can actually take advantage of the impulse that the rebounding keys give you.

This keyboard makes you feel like gravity is actually working WITH you, rather that against you.

Another thing I absolutely love about it, is the space bar. It is just the right size, and not too small or too big like on some other crappy keyboards from other manufacturers. The space bar is the most balanced key in the whole keyboard, it sits right at the center, and you can actually use it without looking at the keyboard. I mean, that's just brilliant design. It's an USB keyboard. This makes it perfect for use with modern computers, and even laptops and netbooks. No more using that old crappy PS/2 port. We're in 2018, people. I could be here all day, but in the end, I just wanted to share with you my experience with this marvelous piece of peripheral engineering. I recommend this keyboard to anyone.

Attached: FB0F48E6-ACD6-46DC-92FB-87135EFFD4EE.png (800x687, 331K)

Because some Ducky and even Leopold keyboards still use the old switches, with some even having a mix of retooled and old switches in the same keyboard

Ahh if that's the case I better check every single switch, because some definetly feel rougher than others, thanks user.

At least they won't fade away. Ducky made the worst dye-sub PBT keycaps that actually started to fade after a few days meaning they were worse then Filco's pad printed ABS keycaps. I haven't bought a ducky keyboard since and it seems I made the right choice.

Jeez, I've been out of the keyboard world for a long time and last time I checked Ducky was considered semi respectable, I feel as if I dodge a bullet so far. Hopefully I won't discover anything awful as I inspect this board further.

The roughness around the front has completely gone after some light rubbing, which is nice

too be fair they did offer free replacement PBT keycaps to those with problems and their keyboards are still better then corsair and razer while costing less

Hearing them be compared to Razer and Cosair is still kinda worrying.

Leopold is the way to go. Next time just buy that instead

How do you like DSA caps?
I really like the looks of those but I'm not sure.
I need to replace my MagicForce68 caps, I hate the gaming looks and the spacebar already got shinny and it hurts.

those are very clearly SA, not DSA. just making sure you're aware of the difference.

Those buttons are not just a numpad, you can program them to emulate arbitrary key combinations and sequences. That mouse was a godsend for my office job.

I know.

wait til this guy hears you can reprogram any keyboard key

>what do you have
A shitty chinese board with scissor switches. I have been waiting for over 2 months to get my FC660C, and the website i ordered it from won't even give an exact ETA because of whatever fucking problems Leopold is having.
Candykeys offered a refund or a different keyboard. Is there anything on their store for max the price of the FC660C (199€) that's worth getting?

>feels like typing on sandpaper

Attached: 2017-Brand-New-4pcs-Cherry-MX-Silent-Red-Switches-For-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 24K)

What's a "better MX Silver"? I'd like to get into more high end switches rather than sticking with MX - it feels so wobbly and grainy.

I've had my Redragon Devarajas since February and so far it worked like a charm. I really like it and I paid so little for it. My only problem is that it's a fucking dust magnet. How do you clean a keyboard? I have an air compressor but it doesn't do much

Let it be known that you fags tricked me into buying a keyboard with black switches in like 2012 and I have been regretting it this entire time. Fuck all of you.

Here's a better pic with the round keys.

The round keys are ok and I like the brown switches very much. I only use it for writing, no games.

Attached: REDRAGON-DEVARAJAS-K556-RK-1.jpg (1368x800, 646K)

You could take the caps off and wipe the plate with alcohol on a q-tip.

I totally forgot I could take the caps off, what a retard. The keyboard came with a tool for it, too.

Thanks

so after typing on a shitbook pro keyboard for years and then falling in love with an old x200 I picked up for the arch meme, i figure maybe i should invest in a keyboard I like.
I'm not willing to spend more than $100 dollars on a keyboard though—are there good mechanical ones in that price range?
I like the round caps also. Not crazy about the rainbow leds.

>buying linears

OwO what's this?

Attached: IMG_20181221_2100307.jpg (4056x2704, 2.11M)

is your tv really blocking 95% of the vents?

Just pulled the trigger on a tenkeyless GMMK

>Not crazy about the rainbow leds.
Most of these RGB gaming keyboards are customizable, you can have a single color of your choice or whatever effect.

Attached: redragon_software.png (959x592, 606K)

ok,so what exactly is the problem? its my first mkb, not the elite, and it is actually heavy as fuck, at least compared to my old rubber dome, and it has Outemu Browns
so tell me exactly what the issue is because the link doesn't exactly say anything negative and I actually like the outemu brown's