Microwaves are technology

Let's talk about microwaves.

What are the most reliable brands and models lately?

I've been researching and it's really difficult to find anything that isn't Chinese crap. Even once mighty Japanese manufacturers like Sharp (now owned by Foxconn) have shifted their manufacturing there and their quality took a dive. Also, many models come with unreliable touch panels instead of mechanical controls.

Attached: sharp RE-SS10B-R.jpg (1500x1125, 269K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ADGewISUut0
youtube.com/watch?v=kAGBHKaeHKQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good microwaves: the ones with a dial for the power and a dial for the time.

Bad microwaves: the ones with a dozen fucking buttons and a numpad and an army of settings and programs.

I have no idea how anyone uses a microwave and doesn't immediately see that it sucks all taste out of food immediately.

>put a sandwich in
>it comes out a tasteless wet pile of misfortune

>put a soup in
>soup loses all aroma and now tastes like 7 days old soup

>put spaghetti in to heat them
>they come out as brittle plastic tasting like metal

You people and your microwaves. I don't understand this shit. Must be an American thing. I'll take a pan and a stove any day over this tasteless crap producing device

Even the ones with mechanical controls are mostly Chinese thrash that barely lasts.

From what I've read, currently pretty much all microwaves are manufactured by a couple of huge companies in China and they all have reliability issues. Even brands like Panasonic and others that used to be reliable can no longer be generally trusted now.

You've got to get one with a rotating carousel inside for even cooking. I will never go back.

It's fun to throw chipbags or steel wool inside and see:
it shrink, provide a light show and burn up.
OR pop a lamp inside and watch it light up, show many colours and then it goes out with a bang, often TEN TIMES LOUDER than you would think. Just don't hold a glass cup of hot beverage or it may go flying.

FUCK inverters. The magnetron burns out quicker.

They're mostly shit now, most lack decent venting so moisture condenses underneath the turntable and rusts the fuck out of everything.

Do silent microwaves exist? I always run across the kitchen like a retard to manually stop it so i don't have to hear the beeping.

Attached: helper.png (657x527, 13K)

I leave the door open all the time

You could always disable the piezo

>Microwave technology without Amazon's Alexa voice controlled Microwave

>tfw the microwave would be controlled by microwaves

First I will declare that I am not American. Really, I am not. Now I can proceed:
Learn how to use it.
Generally speaking, use the lowest power setting possible. It will heat slowly and better.
If the meal involves some fluid, like tomato for spaghetti, put extra sauce to it before heating (simply add more tomato, even if the prepared sauced was more elaborated, it will do the trick of avoiding dryness)
I also avoid using plastic containers. Use ceramics, normal dishes. It takes more time than simply putting your lunchbox in, but it will give better results.

Of course, I agree that it's generally better to use a stove, but if you do it like I explain, you get a good tradeoff of time and results.

This. Microwaves only penetrate food about an inch or so, further in than that and all the heating's done via convection from the stuff that is getting warmed up to the colder center. So you want to do it slowly so the outside of the food has time to heat the inside

For rhe past 5+ years I've only used one for popcorn. 5/7 would recommend.

I use mine almost exclusively to eat water for tea or coffee. Believe it or not, water tastes exactly the same heated by the microwave as it does by the stove.

You guys have shit fucking luck. I've never had a microwave last less than seven years or so.

>not using a popcorn maker

>your wave is bAD

youtube.com/watch?v=ADGewISUut0

OP it's not 1984 anymore get this instead!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=kAGBHKaeHKQ