What is this boomer technology and what can I use it for?

What is this boomer technology and what can I use it for?

Attached: 20181221_201142.jpg (3264x2448, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Micca-MB42X-Bookshelf-Speakers-Tweeter/dp/B00E7H8GG2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's what people used before floppies got mainstream

My parents want to throw it out but it looks expensive

Attached: 20181221_201206.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

It's a 5.1 surround receiver.

Can I connect it to my $50 logitech 5.1 speakers somehow? Would it work with my computer? Should I throw it out or keep it?

not really worth that much, only useful for anything up to DVD-era, since it doesn't support anything new.

>Can I connect it to my $50 logitech 5.1 speakers somehow?
maybe, but theres no point to it, really.
>Should I throw it out or keep it?
it's only useful to you if you have lots of hi-fi devices that you need to connect to one set of speakers.

>no hdmi
>no way of 4k
Useless junk

>Sony
a doorstop

You can split most audio nowadays, either use an optical cable or HDMI audio slitter device.

It's an audio machine. There is no 4k for noise. 3.5mm jack has been the height of sound quality cables for over 50 years. Everything else, like HDMI, USB, and Bluetooth are all worse than 3.5mm because they have to encode the music from analogue to digital. 3.5mm just gives the sound in its pure form.

Attached: truelies.jpg (620x264, 70K)

>DSP

Attached: 1545096357138.jpg (201x251, 9K)

Don't listen to the fucking zoomers man, that's a good amplifier, you just need to get your hands on a set of speakers, and you can connect it to your sound card or TV or whatever.
Even if you don't have the speakers I'd keep it, it doesn't take that much space and it could become handy in the future.

You can still use it for 5.1 surround sound on just about anything, but since it predates HDMI, you won't be able to switch video sources with it anymore.

You can hook it up to your computer but it probably won't work with your 5.1 speakers all that well.

Buy a pair of these and connect the receiver to your computer with a toslink cable. It will blow away any set of crappy computer speakers.

amazon.com/Micca-MB42X-Bookshelf-Speakers-Tweeter/dp/B00E7H8GG2

it's not that it's expensive - you could sell it on ebay for about $100 - but if you wanted pretty good audio, you could find some low to midrange speakers and play music on it like user above said

>good amplifier
>Sony
pick one

Attached: 1480274562322.jpg (176x137, 8K)

Looks like a home theater system or something. Just get a chromecast audio or a digital-to-analog converter and hook it up to the rest of your shit

Note: old ass amps slowly rot and their sound turns to garbage after, say, 10 years

You could ditch those piece of shit speakers and buy real bookshelf speakers
the headphone output should be pretty decent as well

If you get 2 of those and hook them up to the same TV you can record movies from Blockbuster.

I just realized there's no 2.5mm jack for input, at all. There's no way I could plug anything modern in. It uses some kind of 1 or 2mm inputs.

Attached: 20181222_022038.jpg (3264x2448, 1.94M)

Fucking millenials. What is an adapter?

Literally all those jacks are 3.5mm. Are you a fucking retard?

The caps dry out, just replace them ffs

probably a decent amp in there, but since it's more home-cinema than hi-fi and it's not old enough to have any ViNtAgE appeal - it's likely not gonna be worth much.

elitist/purist shit aside this would be a great first amp for someone interested in hi-fi to get started with, it has a ton of analog i/o and i see a phono stage there too

wut. those are RCA jacks, each carry one channel (Left/Right) of audio. look for 3.5mm to RCA adapters or cables

go eat more soap

are you actually retarded?

Get an RCA to 2.5mm adapter and you're good to go mate.

Buy a chromecast audio, hook the optical output up with an adapter, then get some passive speakers at goodwill and you have yourself a nice and even hitech system. See you at /ag/

ES series is their totl.

Attached: Die_Gartenlaube_(1887)_b_016.jpg (2216x3223, 2.24M)

>amplifier

its a receiver you dumb anime poster. kill yourself

he probably won't be using it as an am/fm receiver... so an amplifier

buy a pair of passive speakers, then hook it up to your pc via spdif

I'll pay shipping, send it to me

What is VHS Jow Forums?

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x444, 38K)

its a big ipod.

or in zoomer speak. before kendrick was on spotify or youtube people had to listen to the radio.

Hope that helps.

>4 inch speaker
>blow anything

NICE TRY THE HUMAN EAR IS BIGGER THAN 4 INCHES. YOU NEED AT LEAST 8 INCH WOOFERS TO HEAR THE TUNA.