X470

Looking for a X470 Motherboard for my new ryzen 2700x, suggest me some, there is to many damn choices

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/pga-am4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html#x470
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Taichi ultimate or msi gaming pro carbon ac

Regular taichi has the exact same vrm design, it literally just omits 10 gigabit Ethernet. Regular taichi is probably the best am4 board.

there aren't many good x470 boards. really the only ones i'd consider is the gigabyte aorus gaming 7 and the asrock taichi. unless they're at a reasonable price or you have a specific use case, i would recommend going with a b450 board. the best are the msi pro carbon and tomahawk. amazing vrm, yet much cheaper than the x470s.

What's your use-case?

I'm really liking my Asus Prime x470-pro
been rock solid so far. Nice bios updates too.

this is what i have as well. but i sort of wish i got a cheaper mobo

Seems to be a solid board if the C7H is too expensive for you.
I wouldn't buy Gigabyte with those VRMs. Their BIOSes used to be shitty too.

B450 should suffice for most use cases. Or a X370 Crosshair VI. I'm not sure if they are still selling them out, but they used to sell them here new for the price of a Prime X470, offering much better specs. The Crosshair boards have god-tier VRMs, lots of tweaking options and a good design considering its a gayming board.

Attached: DSC_0115.jpg (3840x2160, 3.27M)

The C6H and C7H are THE best AM4 motherboards on the market and have a pricetag to match. Fun fact: both crosshairs have memory profiles in the bios for B-die ram that were hand tuned by The Stilt so if you've got a kit capable of it you can basically plug and play some extremely aggressive timings.

Not true, unless you are really lucky. But the CH series is the best board when you want to tune your RAM.

>Not true, unless you are really lucky.
Please extrapolate upon this - what specifies points do you feel are innaccurate?

I bought the Crosshair VII, a 2700X and a 4266 Bdie kit. The Stilt profiles don't work at all, but I was able to archieve 3576 CL14. I hope Zen 2 will hit 4000 on this board.

>Recommending the C7H
>EVER

The Crosshair 7 Hero has a built-in rootkit, albeit disabled by default. Similar to how Lenovo Service Engine worked. It injects shit through WPBT before Windows even boots.

The Strix-F, C6H/C6E don't have this problem.

The only bad things about the Asus x470 boards are the VRM cooling.

>no clockgen

hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/pga-am4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html#x470
The VRM list

>I wouldn't buy Gigabyte with those VRMs.
the x470 aorus 7 has the best VRMs and features for overclocking.

Unlike b350 most b450 don't have LLC. Tomahawk and pro carbon should have it though, but better verify before buying.
Though generally b350/b450 boards are shittier and have worse VRM. I would go with x470 if it's not temporary. And MSI's bios is awful.

Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI (Best X470)
ASRock X470 Taichi (Runner-up X470)
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC (Best B450)
MSI B450 Tomahawk (Runner-up B450)
MSI B450M Mortar (Best Micro-ATX)
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC (Best Mini-ITX)
Honorable mention: ASUS X470 Crosshair VII Hero (Best for liquid nitrogen OC)

if it has gaymin in its name, it's shit

that's all you need to know

that's just wrong. gaming in the name is just marketing. some of the best boards have gaming in the name.

bump

Wait for x570 and 7nm what are you doing