Why is Jow Forums obsessed with these?

Why is Jow Forums obsessed with these?

Attached: 41HFJ4D9ZKL._SX425_.jpg (425x383, 15K)

Because we don't have money for macbooks.

>he doesn't know what a meme is
Are you new here?

they are good at computing and cheap on ebay

easy to remove the keyboard to clean the cummies

Modular as fuck and serviceable as fuck

I'm not sucking dick or taking it up the ass for a computer product, ever. No thank you. It's legal prostitution and hilariously obvious that apple pimps out its customers.

Question.

My keyboard stopped working a few months ago. Now the trackpad and buttons have stopped too. Any idea what might be wrong?

T410s desu.

Attached: 1536223639573.jpg (180x192, 16K)

buy new one off ebay

I was hoping I could just pop open the case and adjust the wires or something.

They're the nokia 2000 of portable computers

Probably a fault on the motherboard sending too much power to the keyboard and trackpad ports. You could replace them easily, but it will just happen again.

nothing more than the main cable. You've already tried that right?

I haven't opened the case yet. I'll check it out, thanks. I'm debating whether to try and fix it or just buy a new laptop.

Do you own a multimeter? Check the voltage going through the keyboard and trackpad ports. If it seems fine you could take the risk and buy a new keyboard and palmrest.

High value/price ratio for a used one.

looks cool

Attached: x220-spi-raspberry-pi-in-screen-1280.jpg (1280x855, 136K)

They are the only Stallman approved computers.

Attached: Richard-Stallman-4.jpg (960x720, 187K)

It has a clit mouse

Vocal minority of brazilians who bought second hand 7 year old laptops looking for validation. Uma delica

aren't they old and slow now?

What the fuck is he even doing? What is so important that he has to whip out his laptop in the middle of goddamn Vietman? Apocalypse Now looking motherfucker gonna kill Captain Kurtz with sheer autism.

I think that's shopped because I've seen a pic exactly like that multiple times here but he's sitting in some city

Autism.

High quality.
Low price.

Attached: 1528386827283.jpg (659x666, 34K)

because we on Jow Forums like buying outdated and inferior products (thinkpad, crt) and using inferior software (linux, vivaldi) for NO reason!! Welcome to Jow Forums :)

Btfo

>t. mactoddler

>if you dont like using outdated and overrated piece of shit laptops, you instead use overrated and overly expensive laptops!
are thinkpadniggers this retarded?

>t. mactoddler

Im not poor so i bought the good laptop

They're cheap and easy to repair and upgrade

>Jow Forums is one person

It's a status symbol among nerds and tech contrarians who still haven't developed their own tastes in hipster technology yet.
After working with shit tons of business systems including my own personal collection of 50+ ThinkPads, I don't get this at all, there's nothing really special about a ThinkPad in this department compared to a typical Latitude from the same time period, for example, except the ThinkPad has catchy marketing terms like UltraBay that I guess makes people assume IBM invented drive caddies and removable batteries.

>It's a status symbol among nerds and tech contrarians who still haven't developed their own tastes in hipster technology yet.
Yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I've been using the same line of computers since the mid 90's, could it? Or the fact that they keyboards aren't shit, or the clitmouse, or the availability of parts both OEM and aftermarket, or the cheap cost of entry with second hand systems.
No, it must be the bullshit you listed.

are macbookfaggots this retarded?

Saw doctors at checkups using clit mouse laptops when they were growing up and associated them with being professional. A nerds version of the statusphone

He has thousands of photos like that with his ThinkPad in different places around the world. Obviously he doesn't actually have stuff so important that they need to be done in the middle of a river. RMS doesn't have a smartphone. When you and I get bored ANYWHERE, we whip out our phone and check out our social media. RMS does that with his ThinkPad, and instead of reading social media (he has none) he reads emails from fans and colleagues. He has enough incoming email for him to read for hours a day. He uses Emacs to read and send email, and he can do it offline like in the middle of the river, wait till he gets to a place with internet connection, and then send out the mails and receive new ones. Pic related is him in a Bolivian mine.

Attached: hacker-at-work-in-the-mine.jpg (2048x1536, 613K)

I repaired some thinkpads in the past, they are pretty cool machines for tearing down and durability. If you like funcionality over aesthetics, or form follows functions try one.

Attached: 1542191625241.png (800x800, 626K)

>x = $current_year -- $release_date
>if x >= 2
>./old_tech_rev.v2.015-obs-lud-etc.sh

Attached: u.png (220x229, 4K)

Latitudes are better imo but for old(er) Thinkpads parts are much much more widely available.

What is happening in that pic

Who /Dell/ here?

Attached: 1534892760342.jpg (1747x1200, 228K)

It's not one person, but it surely is a tightly knitted, great community, even with all its flaws. I love you guys.

Coreboot flashing. X230t is using SSH to connect to Rapsberry Pi, which in turn is connected to X220's BIOS chip via pomona 5250 clip.

shoo

We hit that wall where thinkpads are unable to do complex task

Wow, thanks. Do you recommend using coreboot?

Because they avoid planned obselencense
Modular, fixable, personalizable
The new stuff that is out might have better ummm, I can't even say what
I'm not missing anything when thinkpading, it's not a gaming laptop, regular browsing and computing is snappy and battery last 6ish hours for me, might not be very light, but why would that matter
It looks metal to pull out a thinkpad and boot linux, surrounded by normies installing their annual windows update

because most people here now who've been here for longer than 3 years grew up on the internet, surrounded by electronics, it's a pleasant aesthetic through nostalgia, while brands like Apple try to make technology minimal and transparent, make it blend in and not look like a complex computer but instead blend in like another household item, ThinkPads are maximalist, especially the older one, when you look at it you know it's a computer with all of it's ports and stuff, it Looks very technical, and that's a pleasant aesthetic to most millenials
Also, people who are into tech like to buy gadgets, but that's expensive, a used ThinkPad looks cool and is much easier to justify than some newer gadget value-wise.

>It looks metal to pull out a thinkpad and boot linux
Where did she touched you?
Let me guess, nowhere

>highest cost-performance ratio
>fairly easy to upgrade and fix
>plenty of them in the used market and plenty of aftermarket parts
>mostly old models, meaning they may be compatible with older hardware as well

>hurr you're just poor
if I wanted to I could buy one, but buying a $1000 laptop that just sits around until I need it is dumb when I can get a $100 memepad that's good enough for its purpose

>7 screws on the bottom to remove keyboard and palmrest
>you don't have to pry the plastic to get the keyboard out
compared to my shitty pavilion it is a breeze to work with

just don't buy a chink clip that will just slide off the chip and you'll be fine

Coreboot for x220t when?

>It looks metal to pull out a thinkpad and boot linux
Not just that, opening the latch and whipping it open is so comforting, I guess that's how men who are into knives feel like.

> he doesn't know

They're pretty sturdy laptops.

Attached: 1480691348326.png (400x400, 35K)

die

> clit mouse
THIS. Clit mouse is technologically advanced god tier.

Attached: clit_mouse.jpg (445x464, 31K)

Boomers of course

mental illness