Be me

>be me
>Linux master race
>father runs window 10
>it only gets worse Jow Forums,
>mother has a mac book pro 2013
>always lecture her on why they are a waste of money and why Linux/windows is a better alternative
>she never listens and says "It's good for what I use it for" i.e, document writing, web surfing, studying,etc. even though you can do all of those on PC or better, do it on Linux for free!
>father uses windows for gaming and torrenting so I guess he can get away with it (although he could use wine)

Help bros I nee to convince my family to turn to Linux.
I already have the operating systems in mind (zorin, elementary and deepin)

Attached: Hz0hQdo.jpg (700x453, 99K)

Nah dude it's more like "much casual games don't work" and it will be your fault.

???

Let your boomer parents use whatever they want.
t. Arch btw linux user btw.

Linux mint would be good for your mom because Linux mint is good for women.

Your parents sound very based. They use computers to get things done and don't think twice about it, while you use yours for nerd cred on an anime forum

cool, but one of moms reasons for using mac is because of it's GUI, Is there an easy way to set it up like that?

>Windows
>a better alternative to macOS
This must be bait. Windows isn't even POSIX compliant. It is unusable trash.

I use Kali to do things you use Kali for and using Jow Forums

I'm only saying it's better because you don't have to buy a specific computer made for it made by the manufacturer that will cost you an arm and a leg. But universally Linux is a better alternative than everything in terms of everything, unless it's having shitty overpriced, closed source shit

>mom uses Edge on win10 without any adblocker to browse facebook and shill pyramid schemes while saving hundreds of gigs of garbage in her downloads folder
Some people are living memes

mom uses chrome on mac os

sorry man, the autocorrect chewed up my sentence. I installed zorin on some shitty Vista machines for some cheap-ass people one time.
>REEEE I CAN'T PLAY MUH DESKTOP GAYMES ON THIS POS!
You could put virtualbox w/ mint on their machines to play with, to see how they react. On the other hand, if you remove their main OS you have taken ownership of every single damned problem they have with it- i.e.
>REEEE My dropbox and Itunes don't werk, what is this stupid shit?
Desktop linux is a poor second choice for 99% of normies

>Kali
what the actual fuck

haven't tried it yet but do they work on wine?

What do you want to work on wine, specifically?

Kali Linux to do random shit like breaking into the local libraries system to take certain things of their website so i can keep that 6ix9ine CD

based zoomerman

Maybe show your mother a real user friendly one like Mint and see if she likes it
Don't bother screwing with your father's
Don't mess with another man's boxes
Also, be warned, if any of them switch, you're on call for the most retarded problems, many of which aren't even Linux related

x box live or whatever they call it so dad can play x box games on his PC, office and iTunes so mom can do that stuff.

thanks for the advice, and what problems would they have that aren't Linux related? I'd be able to install most stuff for them.

OP literally don't do anything, your mom already is looped into the apple botnet, it's easier at her age. Let her be.
I mean if she needs something from apple, some shit like itunes. Linux Mint is shit for security, I'd rather install ubuntu mate or ubuntu with cinnamon. Or just plain Ubuntu with a theme

is this representation accurate of zoomers?

Attached: fuck i had no idea.png (500x551, 54K)

I would try it on my own machines first before messing with other people's shit. Like I said before, you're just asking for trouble when you modify someone else's stuff. I do tech support for about 200 boomers and I can't explain anything to them.

Just put a computer with Linux mint in front of her. She'll know how to use it.

kool

OP: also i haven't talked to them about switching to Linux, how do I bring it up and successfully persuade them? I have diagnosed Asperger's so I'm obviously shit in social situations

kill yourself literally

Just put a computer with Linux mint in front of them and let them use it.

I can't tell if this is bait or you're actually autistic

fuck you OP I thought your greentext was at least going to be funny

jesus, just put live linux on a thumb drive and have them play with it. There's better uses of your time than proselytizing a meme OS

boomers wouldn't understand, mum has trouble understanding why i use kali (i've explained it to her), father tells me i will fuck up my laptop, even though installation is fairly straight forward and i know what i'm doing. If i put linux mint on live usb and show them they'll probably go apshit for being a 'risky' motherfucker

actually autistic

>I have diagnosed Asperger's
you're kidding me

I could only kill myself if i had a life

fuck I'm sorry dude

nope. serious. It's not as obvious now, i just have trouble talking to people i don't know, now.

don't be sorry. Having Asperger's instead of regular autism (like the tards) makes me smarter apparently. I'm just shit in social situations with people i don't know but i rarely go outside so it doesn't matter

This should tell you all you need to know. I would put my effort into more interdesting things

the first 2 letters of your id

Windows is trash. I would prefer macos over wangblows any day. I just wouldnt prefer a macbook

so a hackintosh

?

Don't install it in your family devices, it'll be pain in the ass.

I'm trying to convince them first

OP: also we have a segate personal cloud, other than a raspberry pi server any Linux media OS's you guys recommend?

If you're actually autistic, then shill them on OpenBSD. If you're not autistic enough to do that, then you are a fucking liar who faked his autism in order to get a meth prescription and extra time on the SATs.

Attached: Ahem-OpenBSD.png (270x321, 49K)

an aspie wouldn't need extra time on SATs, and we don't have them in Australia. And the only meds an autistic would need would be behavior tablets.

also BSD can lick my asshole, if BSD didn't exist neither would OS x

Find something more important to care about, user.

If you get your family running Linux then you'll have to diagnose every issue they have and they'll blame it all on Linux

You're not autistic.

shit. But it's still worth it.
Open source is ghoat

But what site am I on?

babby's first kali install .jpg

just do yourself a favor and realize that approaching it like "join my cult" wont work
just use it and do cool shit and maybe they'll eventually ask you about it one day

This.

what other approach do I take? What cool shit do i do? how do i show them without being too humble or being to on your nose?
What do you use? PenIStoo?

Nice autism.

nice dick hottie

fake and gay

Just let em use whatever the fuck they want unless you want to be on call tech support for them 24/7

fuck of /b/tard

but free gnu liscense linux open source masterrace

>Help bros I nee to convince my family to turn to Linux.
Why? Its fucking shit and can nothing.

don't you fucking dare

Based parents, don't care about OS and care about software only.

Wine Is Not an Emulator

Why would anyone use a fucking os that doesn't even guarantee its next boot?

why does tux have 3 arms

Sure, tinker around with settings and making shit maybe work instead of just installing a program and using it.
Linux is shit in terms of software and you know it. Stop pretending that there are any other reasons people why don't use it.

*Why people don't use it

? I've had a raspberry pi for 5 years, linux on my laptop for 3, I havn't had a problem.
At least we don't get blue screen, and a more secure (not immune though)
Like i've been saying, wine is the solution in terms of software

so he can use two hands browsing Jow Forums, and the other one to squirt sauce

t. I only use a browser and no other program ever.

might I recommend chrome OS then?

this thread is dead

>>always lecture her on why they are a waste of money and why Linux/windows is a better alternative
You seem like a fun guy to be around.
Why do you feel this need for everyone to use the same thing as you? People want different things.
My grandmother uses Linux as all she uses a computer for is organizing photos and making photo books. (Plus her computer was getting old and it was too slow under windows)

like your dad

She says that's my opinion on why they're under powered and overpriced
she deserves it at that point
PS: your grandma sounds smart

Is.

What else is there to care about for a neet /b/tard?
What colour my pretty tendies are?

fuck you i thought you were going to answer my question

Thanks for the advice

get a job

How do I get her out of the botnet

Well I prefer Zorin, but Since you use Linux I'm willing to let it slide.

Hmmm. So it was him!

Attached: hmmm.jpg (750x563, 38K)

Piss off

You can't, because you're not suggesting it for them, you're only suggesting it for yourself.

Here's the thing: Linux is a broken OS. This means it's a gold mine for people who like to tinker. This, however, doesn't align with an adult's goals, since the goal of an adult is to actually get things done.
Linux, being a broken OS, also isn't very popular. This means it attracts teenagers in their rebellious phase who are trying to make an identity for themselves. "I'm not a boring Windows user like my parents! I'm SPECIAL!"
Adults have outgrown their rebellious phase, so this facet is likewise unpersuasive.

Your parents have no interest in a hobbyist OS. They will find no joy in dealing with kernel panics, broken drivers, lack of VSYNC, software, and support. An operating system is supposed to be a transparent layer for running applications; it's nut supposed to be work. Windows and MacOS fit the description for a a proper OS, and there's no convincing an adult to give up a working system in favor of the patently empty promises of the Linux religion.

Mac is based of freebsd, which is community driven, which is even less stable then Linux, you shouldn't be dealing with kernel panics if you don't use a 3 year old kernel with modern hardware, The only thing that stopped working when I installed Linux was my track pad, track pads are shit anyway, Linux IS very popular, you use it every day, when you access websites, 95% of them are running Linux, If you use android, you use Linux. Linux isn't broken. You can get a lot more things done with Linux. Linux is stable, unless you retardedly install a beta or unstable operating system. And it's free. Linux is not an empty promise. The only problem with software for Linux would be support;there are most likely alternatives for them i.e adobe products which are overpriced anyway, games, and audio production which could most likely be solved with wine.

Please provide a source for Linux being broken.
If you're going to make an argument, at least have a foundation that isn't cowshit fertilizer.

Find a better religion, kid.

Find a Better argument boomer

>be me
>using linux past 18 years
>switch mom's computers over and step dads computers
>grandparents computers as well
>some (smarter) cousins switch over
>they have no issues for last ~ 10 years
>sometimes I help them setup a printer or update their machines
>never have to lecture them on anything because I switched them and all their shit just werks

Your boomer parents aren't going to switch. My mother's computer takes 5 minutes to open a browser because of windows 10 and she still refuses to switch.

You're the one who's in here because you don't have one.

>be autistic
>concerned with technology usage habits of other people

windows has more breaks in it and is a beta testing OS, buddy
It is easily the worst of the big 3 OSs