Things to do to be a _real_ hacker

I'll start:

>Write your own kernel module

Attached: maybe the real jihad was the friends we made along the way.png (1024x543, 647K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Hacker
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1440709219386.png (740x926, 319K)

not care about vanity titles.

Attached: 1514166427216.png (740x926, 465K)

What a weird list.

Attached: programming memes.jpg (1080x1584, 140K)

Attached: b.png (740x926, 222K)

That reminded me. Why do torrent scene groups spread their name around and make logos and branding for everything? Is it a vanity thing, or are they making money somehow? If I was sharing software for free with the world, I think a username or something just so people know its from me and its safe should be well enough.

Attached: TaJdInRk_400x400.jpg (320x320, 22K)

Maybe this is a backwards way of thinking, but the fact that they release software at all shows that they care less about cracking it more than they do sharing it, but it's hard to believe that's their motive when they do as you said, plaster their name all over it and do all the typical greetz, etc.

They must be putting on a show for attention/reputation.
Turbo lame imo. Even if it's for profit/personal gain. Maybe especially if it's that.

Attached: the scene mang.png (496x499, 57K)

Like I remember the musical installers and branding long before it was presumably easy to profit from, those guys were likely doing it for reputation. One example I can think of is the PSP hacking scene. Different groups wanted 'credit' for exploits, and refused to share or work with each other most of the time. I mean I get if you discovered something, and you dont want someone else to take it and say "No this is MY discovery" but im sure you could just demonstrate and show it and still get your 'credit' rather than squirriling it away until you slap branding all over it and shittalk others working on the same goal.

wtf, I hate RELOADED now.
Now I'm out of bridges to burn.
Maybe I shouldn't have punched FitGirl in the face so publicly.

>rapidshare
>p2p
just shows you how smart they are

>>Write your own kernel module
This has nothing to do with actual hacking you brainless louse

Not terribly useful since it doesn't distinguish between toy projects and real projects. I suppose a toy kernel is both "self-bootable code" and "kernel code."

Attached: 1440709219386.png (740x926, 238K)

>What a weird list.
Indeed, going through any random CS degree's courses will let you check almost all of the boxes.

Attached: 👍.png (720x901, 378K)

Almost. Can I call myself a true hacker?

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Hacker

Attached: 1545460832268.png (740x926, 252K)

No

;_;

>not writing your own kernel

Attached: screenshot.png (722x430, 7K)

Anything Sony game console related has always made me so angry. It's the perfect antithesis of what I can appreciate.
Through multiple generations the demographic has always been the same.
Highly autistic teenagers who really do amazing work but have by far the worst personalities on the planet. It invalidates the whole thing and agitates me to no end.

Total drama queens, always upset over some leak after they tout their work publicly but won't share it.
Which allows so many fakers to do the same thing right beside them and for some reason people always believe it.
>yeah dude kernel exploit is ez but I can't tell you about it lmao ;)))))
>dude it's real just trust me
follow by either
>look I just wanted to be cool and fit in, brazil is a hard place to live and I don't have many friends so I go to these forums to...
or
>WHAT THE FUCK SOMEONE LEAKED MY KERNEL EXPLOIT I'M LITERALLYK ILLING MYSELF AND AM DONE WITH THE SCENE YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE KIND OF HARD WORK I SLAVE OVER TO.......

The world would be a better place if they just open sourced their findings and where less bombastic about it.

Not sure WTF 'cluster code' entails here, exactly - code running on a cluster? Code FOR a cluster?

Attached: gbingo.jpg (800x926, 372K)

Get Gatwick Airport flights suspended for more than 30 hours

Install Arch Linux

Attached: 1545460832268.png (740x926, 394K)

Attached: bingo.png (740x926, 350K)