ITS OVER

>The Linux Foundation
>The Linux Foundation provides critical services to promote sustainable open source.
>Donations to The Linux Foundation directly fund services that benefit Linux and other open source communities.
>The Linux Foundation uses these funds to help fund the infrastructure and fellows, including Linus Torvalds, who help develop the Linux kernel.
>Notes:
>1. 100% of donations received go towards funding diversity programs.
>2. Donations to The Linux Foundation are not generally deductible by US taxpayers.

Well guys, it was good while it lasted.
>RIP Linux 2018

Attached: 100percentover.png (679x160, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxfoundation.org/about/diversity-inclusiveness/programs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux-libre
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dieversity is our greatest strength, user. I see nothing funny here.

Attached: 1539852077192.jpg (636x773, 63K)

thanks for the link OP, i just donated

Thanks for helping us fight Nazis and trannyphobes, user!

Attached: cursed-wtfisit.jpg (769x1024, 132K)

>Donations go to infrastructure and Linus
>100% of donations received go towards funding diversity programs
So where is the money going exactly?
Is this some 4d chess thing to get less people to donate?

Attached: 1541537150122.png (987x978, 824K)

Hasn't that text been there for ages and pretty much never meant anything?
I swear, Jow Forumsfags must be running out of places to pick bait from, but at least this is slightly more effort than "le tranny CoC xD".

Attached: 1520728887117.png (482x448, 300K)

>Nazis and trannyphobes
i don't care about that, i donated because diversity initiatives get more women in tech and women are more obedient and can be paid 75% less than men, so my company will save money on that

>0% of the work but for only 75% the cost!

Attached: cdcodewomen.png (1357x1281, 1.49M)

it's more like twice the work, woman programmers don't have an autistic tantrum and demand to rewrite the whole application in erlang or haskell when you ask them to do something

>diversity initiatives get more women in tech and women are more obedient and can be paid 75% less than men
this is a fucking bait

You sound like a high level manager that never actually deals with people and just sees numbers on a sheet and say "Wow, women are reported to have completed their goals for less than the cost of the average! They MUST be more valuable!"

Attached: faun.jpg (1073x598, 65K)

100%? is this a joke?

Anyone surprised when these are your board members?

What has the linux foundation even done? Nothing worthwhile, just a ton of shit tier projects. They're mainly just surfing on the name.

Attached: Our_Board_Members_–_The_Linux_Foundation.png (1908x3850, 798K)

no, see here for the programs that it goes to linuxfoundation.org/about/diversity-inclusiveness/programs/

LF is a nonprofit but is not a charity, corporate membership fees go to pay the employees, individual donations go to diversity programs, aka recruitment funnels for the member companies

Companies put money in so they have something to say and the money is used to pay Torvalds and others. That's the whole purpose if the LF.

Attached: gibs.png (176x60, 3K)

So The Linux Foundation is just a big money laundering scheme?

Attached: 181207-ocasio-cortez.jpg (618x410, 48K)

>she needs to join our startup
>let's invite her

Attached: 144926947206.jpg (379x568, 27K)

Conformity is our weakness diversity is our strength

What OS is Jow Forums going to shill now?
>Windows = spyware
>OSX = lol
>Linux = DIVERSE!

Linux is a kernel, not an OS.

These fuckers are stealing our autistic labors and redistributing the recognition to a bunch of do-nothing "community" "workers". How did this happen?

The linux foundation is who sponsors Linus torwalds and others. They are already baked a consortium of companies. Since they don't need extra donations they can spend them on bullshit.

I thought this thread already happened months ago. OP is obviously a faggot. Why does this even matter? Just don't fucking donate to the foundation.

>OS don't use kernels!
Wow you got me bro.

Attached: soymilk.png (800x750, 139K)

they have money and you don't

Open source was a mistake

>posting the edit
bad user

Attached: newsoy.png (800x867, 137K)

correct, you should talk about free software instead

Linux is ok, but I prefer Unix.

Attached: AD4DDB92-F3AF-420A-A484-7B84E6DAC55C.jpg (1320x743, 74K)

Maybe Linuss's''ss daughter has persuaded him to transition.

Attached: linus-tranvolds-are.png (1600x1066, 2.12M)

The opinions of the kernel developers and their foundation do not reflect the whole OS.

True, but how much longer can they use a compromised kernel without getting fucked?
>Sorry, your OS is not diverse enough, so we fucked with the kernel so your hateful OS can't use it anymore! :)

GPL does not allow them to deny usage to a distro they don't like. Also the kernel is indeed compromised because of the binary blobs, but there is an ongoing project to remove them, see here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux-libre

>GPL does not allow them
>He believes this will stop these cunts from ruining Linux
How new are u?

Attached: being-english-is-racist.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

It's true the GPL won't stop people from writing buggy code. You have to you know, do the actual work to fix the bugs. When's the last time you submitted a patch to the kernel, friend? I'm working on a new one for my audio drivers right now.

>there are still people this naive out there
This almost makes me sad. These people aim to destroy Linux, and you are letting them.

Attached: blackholeplanet.gif (540x526, 1.95M)

>Freeloader who writes no code and refuses to fix bugs accusing someone else of trying to "destroy Linux"
You are the same as them whether you realize it or not

>High ground argument
Your moral superiority isn't worth shit. Linus is GONE. What do you not understand that Linux is FUCKED? What will it take for you to realize that Linux is OVER?

That isn't news, it was already fucked decades ago when binary blobs were included. Fortunately we can fix it, again see here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux-libre