Ask your stupid tech questions here.

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1535324607245.png (264x396, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wnS50lJicXc
amazon.com/d/Bluetooth-Network-Adapters/Rocketek-Bluetooth-Controller-Raspberry-Compatible/B00HUIW0RG/
github.com/randy3k/Terminus
daveismyname.blog/integrated-terminal-in-sublime-text-with-terminus-package
microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13131979
javatpoint.com/runtime-polymorphism-in-java
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#1.4
autohotkey.com/docs/commands/WinActive.htm#command
pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7/
pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html
linustechtips.com/main/topic/830385-official-amd-ryzen-threadripper-windows-7-chipset-drivers-available-so-newer-amd-cpus-are-officially-supported-with-windows-7/
euronews.com/2018/09/01/eu-s-ban-on-halogen-bulbs-takes-effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the fuck does hyperthreading work? So you can get one core to do two cores worth of work just because? Why stop there, why can't you make it run three threads at once? Hyperthreading has been around forever yet it's never improved beyond one core = two threads (and isn't even standard on all processors).

youtu.be/wnS50lJicXc

>buy amazon.com/d/Bluetooth-Network-Adapters/Rocketek-Bluetooth-Controller-Raspberry-Compatible/B00HUIW0RG/ based off user's rec
>using Windows 7
>drivers on CD don't install
>drivers off website don't even load the setup.exe
>automatic driver install doesn't work either
I'm at a loss on what to do. Did I waste $10? I can't get these fucking drivers functional at all.

Any error message?
Otherwise just go into device manager and install the driver manually by pointing it into the win64 directory of the driver you downloaded.

Yeah I literally just did that and I think it did the trick. I'm waiting for the auto-search in the bluetooth program to find the controller so I can pair it up but it is almighty slow.
Ah well, at least I solved one issue.

How do I learn what parts are best for a PC? I've only found resources on how to find ones that are compatible.

Are used GPUs from ebay a no-go? Have they probably been mined to death?
A 1070 for $200-250 Ameribucks is pretty tempting right now

Please define best.
Best regardless of cost?
Best price/performance ratio?
Best value?

I want to change the windows titlebar/border and the only few ways I can find to do this is thru deviant art themes and windows shell programs like blackbox. so window shell dev/theming windows, how hard is it? where do you start?

Attached: merryswagdaddy.png (316x316, 102K)

Bicycle bike = new MountainBike(20, 10, 5, "Dual");

is bike a MountainBike object or is it a Bicycle object? somebody please explain because I've searched through a ton of material already and I cannot find a straightforward answer to this.

Assuming MountainBike is derived from Bicycle.
Then it's a MountainBike, but you can't access MountainBikes properties unless you cast it back to MountainBike.

So it has all its properties stored, but you can't access them unless you cast it to its actual class.

Search for "polymorphism" and your programming language.

Are these any good?
My eyesight is 2/20 and I'm required to work with electronics as part of my CS programme
the guy from disability services in the uni said he'll order it for me, so as long as its available in EU, it shouldn't be an issue

Attached: 91j-IMi 1TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1379x1500, 305K)

Can anyone that uses sublime help me? I'm trying to set up sublime text with terminus to get the terminal panel to open on my current file folder when I toggle it

I got it to open in the correct folder with this, however, it only works for the first time I open the terminal, after that it only opens on the same folder
{
"keys": ["ctrl+`"], "command": "toggle_terminus_panel", "args": { "cwd": "${file_path}" }
}

or with ${file_path:${folder}} is instead of ${file_path}

The only references I found where at
github.com/randy3k/Terminus
daveismyname.blog/integrated-terminal-in-sublime-text-with-terminus-package

Using "config_name": "Default", "cwd": "${file_path:${folder}}" works perfectly for terminus_open, but didn't for toggle_terminus_panel.

Attached: Sublime_Text_3_logo.png (256x256, 13K)

I'm a fucking idiot. I never used any cloud features and instead just saved all my photos to my hdd, photos taken from 2014 till now are now all gone because the hdd died. Every photo I've taken. How did I not think to have a back-up for this? I feel crushed.

How fucked am I if I send this disc in for data recovery in terms of pricing? Will they charge out the ass? I can put 300 dollars on it, but no more than that.

hey Jow Forums, while using a filesync program to update my backup, I accidentally 93GB of my important files. I'm a fucking moron and had the locations switched, and I also set it to autodelete instead of sending to the recycling bin.
I used TestDisk/PhotoRec and also Recuva like the wiki suggested, and they were great at recognising most of the lost filenames and the folder structure, but the recovered files are mostly corrupted. Somehow a shit ton of my files were fragmented despite me defragging recently.

I'm kinda at a loss for what to do, just seeing a bunch of recovery tool sites with shitty engrish. Are there more capable methods or tools out there, or am I truly fucked and these files can't be completely salvaged?

Is there a way to render fonts in such a way that text looks like you're reading from a badly compressed jpeg?

I'm losing my shit over this PC build that isn't giving expected performance:
>8700k (w/ Noctua D-15)
>1080ti Strix
>Maximus X Formula mobo
>16gb ram
>Win 7 (no updates installed yet)
>EVGA P2 850w

Runs games really slow and with constant stuttering. Red Orchestra 2 has an almost stable 60fps with dips in dense areas. CS:S and TF2 run really laggy like 20fps even on lowest graphics which my toaster runs faster with. No overclocking (besides XMP RAM) is used. "Monitor" is a Sony TV for now. (Yes, HDMI is in the GPU)

Another weird thing is that when the PC gets turned on, it loses power for 5-10 seconds then restarts/resumes booting back on again. But if I turn off the ASUS lighting on the 1080ti, then it turns on normally without interruptions.

Also related, the 1080ti has an ORANGE glowing led before logging in to user, while my brother's 1070ti glows RED before logging in (Win10). So far my brother's 2700X + 1070ti + X470-F PC runs ANYTHING smoother and exceptionally well.

Any idea what would be the problem here? Note that I am running basic Win7 64-bit, and I haven't updated to SP1.
GPU, CPU, and PSU all seem to be the culprits here but I'm absolutely bewildered and upset about this...

Attached: 1529110511388.png (210x195, 2K)

where to download old version of adblock (for Opera 19)

As everyone has already told you the last days, try it with a modern OS.
Windows 7 doesn't support this CPU or chipset officially.

So install Windows 10 on a spare disk or partition and do your tests there.
If you get the same results then you can blame the hardware.
You can download windows 10 for free here microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
You don't need a key.

>muh Windows 7

Can any of you Wincels tell me what the best way is to fix the pajeet-tier context menu in Windows10?

Is there any way to make this shit stay permanently on the screen and not on hover like the old update?

Attached: file.png (316x43, 3K)

And as i have clearly told you the past 5 threads you've posted this on.
YOU NEED WINDWOS 10

What's the cheapest and best laptop to run AutoCAD currently?

15.6".

Attached: 636684b5-c5f6-4b7c-a795-f62627ae9485_1.6de5a355dcbe3cfc80dc087a8cb76a41.jpg (1500x1500, 201K)

Thanks for the answer, you actually cleared up a lot lmao.

Autocad is lighter than average web page these days.

Yeah, but it does rely on GPU.

Can someone just tell me if I should expect any issues with updating Arch after not turning the desktop its on for about two years?

Lately I have problems with explorer.exe on Win7. Folders sometimes don't update their content if I change something and I have to kill the process and run it again, just for it to have problems again after some time. The OS install isn't that old. Is there a way to fix explorer.exe?

I have already said that Windows 10 would be a last resort my dudes. I thought this board was anti-Win10? Or is it just Linuxfags' banter?

I just done a userbenchmark test and these are the results:
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13131979

This is the order of tests/solutions that I will try out:
1. Benchmarks (I don't know which specific ones, though)
2. Test on Windows 10 (gg privacy...)
3. Install SP1
4. Test GPU hardware
5. Test PSU hardware
6. Test CPU hardware

Any other suggestions?

Attached: 1516209712093.png (572x662, 122K)

What happened to the watch thread general?

Is it just my internet or Jow Forums images load very slow?

public class First{}
public class Second extends First{}
public class Third extends Second{}

Third object = new Third();

Would you say in this scenario that this object is an instance of every single one of these classes?

No idea why people are suggesting 10, but running on another OS is the quickest way to test it,

>Another weird thing is that when the PC gets turned on, it loses power for 5-10 seconds then restarts/resumes booting back on again
That's definitely weird.
>Also related, the 1080ti has an ORANGE glowing led before logging in to user,

Try booting from a linux USB stick, and see if these weird hardware problems still happen. This way you don't have to waste time installing a different OS just to test that.

javatpoint.com/runtime-polymorphism-in-java

why is my 4chanx 1.14.4.7 scrips not updating in violentmonkey

Attached: 1536156491974.jpg (498x573, 49K)

>No idea why people are suggesting 10
Because it's easily available, doesn't need a key and runs the same benchmarks/games to test it.

If 8k is not possible with modern cables why don't we just make cables bigger?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#1.4

Is deezloader still the goto method to downloading your Spotify playlists? I haven't used it in like a year.

How can I do this in AHK?
D::
IfWinActive, Something
{
// do something
} else {
Send d
}

It just triggers an infinite loop, I want it to make the bound key work globally if the window isn't active.

#IfWinActive, something
{
; do something
return
}

only triggers the hotkey if the window is active, otherwise it ignores it and your keys work normally.

be advised that IfWinActive is deprecated, not sure how the replacement is supposed to work like this. I'm still using IfWinActive myself.
autohotkey.com/docs/commands/WinActive.htm#command

if you actually want the same hotkey to do different stuff based on the window then you can use the new function WinActive, see link above

if WinActive("something") {
; something
} else {
; something
}
return

Instead of carrying the laptop around the house (fairly small one), I would like to carry just the monitor, leaving the desktops tower in a room, and having wireless mice and keyboards in the others (bedroom, studio).
I would like the monitor to have a permanent handle attached to it, so I can move it with ease.
Any ideas? I can only find cases for transporting them long distances. Would I need to make something custom?

best music player on android?

Why can I post replies in threads but cant create a thread? I get error:upload failed

>last resort
Windows 7 DOES NOT SUPPORT FUCKING RYZEN
>No idea why people are suggesting 10
Windows 7 DOES NOT SUPPORT FUCKING RYZEN

>The statement above is accurate. We offer the same support for Ryzen 2 as we did with Ryzen 1 with regards to Windows 7. If it worked fine before, it should still work fine.

>

>pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7/

Is there a tool to download music from bandcamp for free?

Attached: 1538615746570.png (390x380, 193K)

And my quote is from
>amdmatt Employee Apr 20, 2018 1:06 PM
One year after your article.

Hiro is blocking lots of mobile IPs from uploading images

Modern plugs have the bandwdith for it, just your cheap chinese cables might not

"Although AMD "verified" the ability for computers with Ryzen processors to boot Windows 7 and Windows 10, Microsoft does not officially support older versions of Windows on newer processors including AMD Ryzen and Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (Kaby Lake). Windows Update blocks updates from being installed on newer systems running versions older than Windows 10"
~pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html

If it's on github it should be archived in releases

I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones paired with my Pixel 2. Is it possible to use my 'phones with my Chromebook, without having to re-pair with either device every time I use them.

Turn the AA off; might be hard to notice on higher res so just turn up the dpi

linustechtips.com/main/topic/830385-official-amd-ryzen-threadripper-windows-7-chipset-drivers-available-so-newer-amd-cpus-are-officially-supported-with-windows-7/
>It looks as though AMD has released chipset drivers for Windows 7, despite previously having said that Windows 7 would not be officially supported.

Did you forget to type "not?"

Imagine stuffing socks through a pipe, when you got one sock in there and it's half way through, hyperthreading lets you begin stuffing another one down so there's no empty space in the pipe.

How to SSH and get everything without being detected

if it's on bandcamp, it's probably also on youtube
just rip from youtube

I installed Icaros a few months ago on my win7 partition, but for some reason now thumbnails won't show in the File Upload window, but they do if I reach the folder where the pictures are by using explorer, its specially infuriating having to search the files, wait for thumbnails to load so they appear in the file upload window.

If I disable icaros, they do load in the file upload window, but obviously it doesn't load .webm files and other file types. fug

Attached: 1517857183363.png (632x793, 25K)

Attached: 1544462615504.jpg (640x448, 68K)

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

Dude. Not cool.

why they keep asking over and over

Attached: file.png (358x260, 68K)

I have a continous function f and I can get it's density in space by a simple 3D grid. With a grid length of 100 points, I get 1 million values.

Now, I want to approximate the function with a new function g, which should as accurately reproduce the densities from the grid.

Can I use machine learning for something like this? It is basically regression but I'm not sure how to approach the problem.

Sorry for what?

Anyone?

>updating arch
Expect issues. Get ready for maintenance mode.

Stupid question, Is there anyway I can download all the images of a thread with their original filenames. I ask this because some threads tend to get way to big to manually spend time going through for downloading and renaming. I'm using 4chanX w/Oneechan.

Could I simply swap out my GTX 650 with a 970 or 980 without changing upgrading any other parts? Pic related are my specs

Attached: 8207831.png (513x403, 22K)

You can, but you really want to fix that CPU temperature too.
When you do your replacement dust off the fans and in/outlets of the case.

Yeah. I don't recall winshit 10 tagging your model numbers anymore to verify authenticity.
I'd recommended fixing those temps first though.

>two years
Yes

Could it be that it's wrong? I dusted off my fans and everything but it still stayed the same.

Does it not sound or feel accurate? It's your computer. Put your hand in there, get a fist full of reality.

youtube-dl, time traveller-kouhai.

No bully. It would just be the monitor. A flat one, because 2008 was 10 years ago.

Hey guys, I normally use GNU/Linux so I have gotten pretty out of the loop with windblows software recently.
My brother uses windows and I want him to use a package manager so its safer for him. Is chocolatey any good/not botnet?

Is there an open source alternative to CloneDVD or AnyDVD?

how do I use my hosts file to block an ip address?

127.0.0.1 stripchat.com - works fine

127.0.0.1 178.128.13.188 - doesn't work

The hosts file is only for hostnames, not IPs.
If you access an IP it won't look in there

You need to block it in your router instead.

You can play a song and then inspect the page source and search for ".mp3" to get the sound file download link. I used this a few times.

I don't think they're theigh quality downloads though, just preview bitrate (the test download of pic related was 128kbps)..

Attached: 1529259601600.png (1160x415, 183K)

it's ok, but the gui is total shit, it's laggy and crashes. I doubt you'll convince him to use the cli version, which isn't terribly useful since you have to go the the chocolatey website and find the exact name of the package you want to install, it's usually not as simple as install vlc, you need a version number and some packages have multiple versions available so it's not really much better than just googling shit and downloading the exe. at least in the eyes of normies

Any EU people here? Can you guys still buy halogen bulbs where you are? If yes, why? If not, why can I? They were banned in September 2018, but literally nothing has changed. They can be bough everywhere and everyone still uses them.
euronews.com/2018/09/01/eu-s-ban-on-halogen-bulbs-takes-effect

Attached: IMG_20181222_205259.jpg (3264x2448, 2.47M)

What or who introduces noise to an anime Blu-Ray? Is it done on purpose or rather a byproduct?

Attached: 1526490074800.png (1200x1730, 1.55M)

If I refund and return my rx580 after redeeming the free game codes from the amd promotion will I lose my games or something similar to that? Also I'm not trying to be a nigger, I plan on buying another RX 580 because I bought a 4gb instead of an 8gb but the promotion isn't on the card I want anymore.

Is there an option in 4chanx to open files even after the thread has 404'd, but you still have it open in a tab, or was it changed? I can't remember if I had selected this option or if it was just automatic. Either way it no longer works and I would like it back.

Why were they banned?

Because they are not efficient enough

Europoor here, haven't seen one (on sale) in about 3 or 4 years

I'm going to be upgrading my CPU and motherboard, It's mandatory to reinstall windows with this correct? Secondly I have two hard drives, one for Windows and the other for storage. What happens to all the data in the storage drive if I reinstall windows, will the new OS still point to all the data correctly?

Wtf what country? Does everyone really use LEDs?

Poortugal, we use some weak ones that giv shit light but they don't seem to be LED, must be some chink shit.

will be back wit a pic

because they prevent the other trash bulbs from being sold, you know the ones that good for the environment etc even though they are filed with shit we can't even recycle and they emit radiations that give you all kinds of cancers.

Good times.

great thanks

??
You mean that's why halogen bulbs are still on the market? Still doesn't explain how it's possible legally. Or does the ban mean fuck all and it's just a PR stunt?