Linux is an OS which is named after the kernel it uses

Daily Reminder. Linux stands for Master Race

Attached: 1519116266064.jpg (338x338, 74K)

Toshino is the master race.

delete your post and then yourself

Attached: 1472417544833.png (581x687, 367K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

It's spelled "masturbates". Subtle but clear difference for those which English is their first language.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Attached: 1521428544544.png (578x560, 294K)

Do Yuru's dislike niggers and jannies?

Attached: 1528191650582.jpg (1020x1235, 526K)

I wanna fug kyoko in da ass

Wow someone's having an above average taste on my Jow Forums?

ahem, *clears thorat*

FUCK JANNIES AND FUCK NIGGERS

Attached: 1444142734732.png (1090x720, 476K)

GNU/Linux should actually be GNU/UNIX

Maybe China is just a huge asshole

Attached: 1540049885959.png (1027x736, 469K)

not only him, I love Ayano and her puns
kys GNU nigger, the whole system is Just Linux ™

Attached: AyanoYui.png (1662x1766, 3.21M)

> Designed after UNIX
> Using GNU tools
IDK man

>only runs binaries compiled for Linux
IDK man

> He just downloads binaries

Attached: teehee.png (372x351, 117K)

but I thought Ayano loves Kyoko
>hurrr durr watch my mental gymnastics guys!
>an os is called Steam if I run Steam on it!

Attached: B969AB11EEE044D2B6B5306353FCC70A.jpg (1245x1761, 1.18M)

If I made an OS called "Not-Windows" that followed microsoft's design principles and philosophies, using microsoft tools, I would have made Microsoft Windows

>yet more mental gymnastics
no, you just created "Not-Windows" because you named it like that

Attached: YuruYuriShot.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

> He's still being retarded

>I have no arguments against such great logic... I must call him retarded
the point of naming an os is if software was compiled for it or not, so you can download ir and run it.

I've already made my argument, you chimped out and didn't refute it

(you)
>GNU/Linux should actually be GNU/UNIX
>> Designed after UNIX
>> Using GNU tools
>>Let's call it GNU/UNIX independently of how the distribution creator named his distro
not an argument retard. Things are called what the creator named them for starters. In second, the type of OS it is is based on which software it can run, it runs on a linux kernel so it is a Linux type of OS; runs on windows 10 os it is a windows 10 type of os, etc. Even in the most basic level, a Hello_world.o. We want to know where does it run.
>inb4 waaah I'm so assblasted Stallman please fill my anus with your green peppers GNU GNU GNU GNU

Holy fucking reddit

>h-he's reddit because he beat me in an argument!
yep, just as predicted

Attached: 1543862169070.gif (540x540, 1.13M)

No, you're reddit because you carry all of the obnoxious mannerisms of a 13 year old. I'm also guessing you're black because of how angry you get

so you're just giving me the reason and all so called GNU/Linux distros are actually Linux.
\thread

Just because winter break started doesn't mean you can come to Jow Forums buddy

the absolute state of GNUtards

The absolute state of redditards

God, if you're out there and listening, can you please kill every single person in this thread including myself? Thank you.

Chinatsu did nothing wrong