Laptop processor question

Hey guys, i want to buy a laptop with Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000 Processor, not sure if the processor is weak cuz of its 1.1ghz base freq. max turbo 2.7ghz, Quad-core.
>what is the difference between base frequency speed and turbo speed?
>does it mean less power consumption and utilizing the processor when needed?
>can it run LoL,CS GO?
>will it affect python compiling to a great amount ?

Attached: download.jpg (224x225, 9K)

also will the processor be able to operate with 10-15 tabs while i research,(youtube,fb) + python compiling

It is an Atom based CPU; not the mainstream architecture. The IPC is worse too.

>Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000 Processor

It's hot garbage, user.
They're essentially a rebrand of the Atom processor line and won't be any good at any of that stuff.

Stop being so poor.

what processor would you recommend, for cs go, python compiling and 10-15 tabs of text/picture research work. ofcourse the three activities in their own time

An Intel 8086

just get a g4560 or whatever those pentiums are called now

base is guarrenteed and turbo hold as much wieght as crypto or fiat currency

go for a ryzen 2200G

xD

Look at used Thinkpads, or the E480/E485 series. Their battery life sucks but otherwise affordable and decent machines. Go for at least a Core i5 since it's a quad-core on the mainstream architecture.

Atom CPUs are fucking horrible. I had one and its nightmare fuel

Get a laptop with a standard 64x86 Core I-series or Zen-series CPU and save your time and sanity.

Doing just that, I've read the Thinkpad thread, just scared of the scam possibility

The Computrace problem can be bypassed via certain means though

Personally I would get a new one nevertheless

>he doesn't have a 15W CPU with 4GHz Turbo
lmao 8550U or bust

This CPU is more than enough for that workload.
You also only need 4GB RAM.

I used to run a Celeron 1840g and it worked perfectly fine for this kind of stuff.

And Counterstrike is from the last decade, so your iGPU will be more than enough. On my 1840g I got fucking Crysis 3 to be barely playable.

Atoms, pentiums and celerons are unusable. I think it should he illegal to sell them. You need an i3 or better to run a functioning computer.

I use a core m3-7y30 and its fine for all of that.
tabs are more ram than cpu dependent, and if you use firefox instead of ramium you dont need a lot.
I run linux though.

>>he doesn't have a 15W CPU with 4GHz Turbo
>lmao 8550U or bust

This post is wrong on so many levels.

The 4GHz turbo is only achievable devices with high/unlimited TDP limit. Otherwise, the CPU will undergo Power Throttling regardless of the CPU package temperature. OEMs can dictate the power limit of the CPU and they use it to gimp lower-end devices. On most devices, you can achieve 4GHz for maximum a few seconds, if you can hit 4GHz in the first place.

For example, the 8250U in a Thinkpad T480s can consistently hit 700 Cb in Cinebench, whereas a 8550U is a E480 can only hit low 500s consistently. Both models are IGP of course. This is because the Power Limit on the T480s is set to 40+W, whereas the limit on the E480 is 15W. The T480 IGP sits in between with a ~25W power limit and a consistent 620 Cb score. Notebookcheck has a dedicated article comparing this.

At a sustained 15W TDP, you CANNOT hit 4GHz. I tired undervolting the 8550U with XTU and it still reaches about 3.7 peak under semi-sustained workloads. The power limit on my laptop is ~20W btw.

The 8550U definitely performs very well for what it is, but defining it as simply "15W" and "4GHz" turbo cannot be more obtuse from reality.

The Pentium Gold 4415U is slightly faster than an i3-6006U. It's good enough.

>Atoms, pentiums and celerons are unusable.
Stop using Chrome and a Celeron will be more than enough for anything but games and actual work.
As long as you aren't professionally in need of high performance, for example for compilation, you don't need anything but an Atom or Celeron.

Ryzen 2500U

>At a sustained 15W TDP, you CANNOT hit 4GHz. I tired undervolting the 8550U with XTU and it still reaches about 3.7 peak under semi-sustained workloads. The power limit on my laptop is ~20W btw.
At least it doesn't rape your battery.

Well, I do argue that the Wh of the battery is more important than the power consumption limit of the CPU. They gimped it on the T480 and not the T480s even though the T480 can go as high as 96Wh whereas the T480s is stuck with a 57Wh battery.

I fell for the atom meme once. Long delays after each click. I had to return the computer because it was unusable.