Spending thousands on technology that quickly goes out of date

>Spending thousands on technology that quickly goes out of date

Do you not feel angry at this?

Attached: 1538993623114.png (556x430, 96K)

I would be angry too if I wanted expensive tech while not having the expendable income to obtain it.

No because I don't spend thousands on a single piece of technology nor do I buy new technology very often.

still using my thinkpad x200t
this problem only exists if you make it exist
just keep using your old thing

Still using my 4 year old MBP and 3 year old mobile phone.

I don't buy expensive gaymer shit and have plenty of money

You're like an inner city nigger always "buying" new overpriced shoes

I'm not retarded enough to do that so no.

>build 2500k/560ti PC in 2012
>still runs snappy as fuck, got an NVMe PCIE adapter with a patched BIOS
>16GB RAM
>updated to a 1050ti this year, runs all games in 1080p high

Tech is only "obsolete" if you're one of those retards who cares about having the latest stuff.

>that quickly goes out of date
>can still play all the latest AAA gaymes at 100fps on ultra with a system from 2011 with an upgraded graphics card

Attached: sweetie.jpg (1528x1530, 188K)

But modern graphics cards don't fit into old boards

>Spending thousands on technology that quickly goes out of date
Food goes out of date even faster yet you have no issues with spending even more money on it.

I sometimes forget how many retarded zoomers who've never opened up their Alienware prebuilt post here. Thanks for reminding me.

>2011 was 14 years ago
Wow, time sure flies by

>being this fucking retarded

Cool story, retard.

Attached: speccy.png (660x525, 42K)

I regret buying a macbook as my laptop. Can't upgrade the hd or ram. Should have bought a thinkmeme or dell.

>Buy hardware two generations old which costs 1/3 as much and performs 80% as well
>Flash/install the latest and greatest software on it
I'm never buying new again bois

Attached: 1544823910404.jpg (843x479, 169K)

Look at all these smartasses who fewl theyre smarter than the industry, you fuckers will continue to spend money on tech that goes outdates in less than 3 years, hell even 2 or 1. Hows it feel being slaves to the only industry that forces you to move so fast for little shit upgrades. Meanwhile the only reason any new buzzword: "innovatives" is because of human greed not altruism. Such profound stupidity in the grand design of humans.

2 year upgrade cycle?
My laptop of 5 years is the Dell E6400 happily chugging along with an SSD and my phone is the Galaxy S5, running Debian Sid and Lineage 15.1 respectively.
Only consumerist drones who can't into software chase the latest and "greatest" shat out by the industry for exorbitant prices.

Attached: datalel.jpg (1800x1355, 966K)

>look, mom, I replied to everyone!

>wait for new tech to come out
>when the new tech is out, wait for the first revision
>buy the high end revision
>keep it until it stops full filling your needs
Works every single time.

Life is fleeting. Whatever thing u may want to cling to, decays.

Feeling angry at a fact of life, grasping for a sense of permanence, is the cause of all the suffering in the world. The sooner you realize this truth, the easier it will be for you to be happier and be a selfless person.

No. Technology advances, your stuff doesn't become shit, things gets better.

This is the patrician choice.

t. Windows 7 master race.

Just ride the second hand market you moron.

This, I never bought a brand new cpu and never had any issues.

im also running 2500k + 1050 ti but it's time i soon move away from it, it choked really hard on sottr, i'll probably do a full upgrade when cyberpunk 2077 comes out

no, i use loonix and dumbphone just in case my car breaks

A smartphone can last 3 years before it feels too sluggish for modern apps.
A computer from 2006 with at least 2gb RAM, swap on SSD and at least 2 cores won't feel inadequate unless you're a PC gaming manchild.

but this can't be! people always told me that intel is extremely overpriced and not worth your money!1

That's why I buy desktops that can be upgraded :)

>on technology that quickly goes out of date

A smartphone from 3 years ago is still perfectly adequate to do anything worth doing on a smartphone in the current year. Same with laptops and other portable electronics for that matter.

No, I simply smile at the seething poorfags and laugh at the poorfags taking loans to catch up.

still running a used i5-4690k and can't find a justifiable reason to upgrade. only juet recently bought a 1060 second hand off a friend to replace my 6 year old 660. not my fault you're a retarded shopper

My thinkpad is 12 years old and still going strong. Best $200 I've ever spent

Yeah, I'm still not over how much I spent on my PC 7 years ago ($400).
Good thing is, it won't be out of date a couple more years at least.

So yeah. Fuck expensive tech.
I'm never again dishing out this much for a tool only used 20 hours a day for 10+ years. $250-300 is my new max.