Why didn't Microsoft at least choose Firefox's engine for the new Edge? Why give even more power to Google...

Why didn't Microsoft at least choose Firefox's engine for the new Edge? Why give even more power to Google? Why let Google take one crucial step further to dominating the entire web, enforcing their standards on everyone? Surely Microsoft should also be alarmed by that prospect? Literally only Firefox stands between us and full Google control of the web now.

Attached: download (1).jpg (327x154, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

caniuse.com/sharedworkers
github.com/ccd0/Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Firefox is bad software made by bad people

Because of Chrome's market share. People won't use a browser if half the sites they want to visit don't work. Most webdevs only test on chrome.

If the current trajectory of the web into intractable javashit continues, I will unironically switch to gopher in around 5 years or so.

It will be fun when people start to write browser targeted viruses again.
The browser engine diversity was the thing keeping this kind of attack not viable, but now? now everyone using the chrome engine is turning into cattle ready to be reaped.

Firefox is best!

Because Chrome has better engine than Firefox...

This way Google can't do anything to sabotage competition specifically. It doesn't matter to Microsoft what engine they use as long as they get the data.

>Why is Microsoft joining forces with a company with the same botnet related goals than them?
How the fuck do you expect me to know, Anonymous?

because they are all in on it

I have yet to visit a site that works on Chrome and doesn't on Firefox.
Your sentence seems like a giganormous exageration.

A few years ago I remember some sites that couldn't display well in safari but had no issue in chrome or firefox

because Rust is garbage and firefox is garbage and nobody likes their shitty engine that doesnt even have webcomponents yet

BECAUSE ELECTRON DOESN'T RUN ON GECKO YOU INBRED FUCKS
THIS WASN'T COMPLEX, YOU ALL FAILED
FUCK OFF BACK TO Jow Forums

Because Chromium just runs faster. There, I said it.

this

>Why didn't Microsoft at least choose Firefox's engine for the new Edge?
This mainly plus licensing probably and even Firefox want to replace their current engine which tells you how bad it actually is. Like it really matters long term anyway because Firefox will switch to chrome too.

Cause Firefox is slow as shit.

> ELECTRON DOESN'T RUN ON GECKO
Is that true? Well, then Mozilla lost.

Firefox is garbage. Jow Forums is slow to reload the page, it uses more memory, responds slower. Only people using it are tinfoilers really. Microsoft wants boast speed, and you don't get that shit from Firefox. That's why chrome dominates. It's easy to use and performant.

4channel.org

microsoft still hate netscape

why would MS care about google dominating the market? they just want to make money. if anything working with google would benefit them

firefox is a meme. it's 2019 and I still have to kill this fucker multiple times a day so it won't gobble up all my ram(32gb)

let me guess, you are using wangblows

even sjwzilla wants to replace their own engine
thats how bad it is

MS is just setting Google up for antitrust. Think about it. They have a valid claim that Google has essentially used their position of power to influence the entire internet via questionable tactics. MS is looking to have Google broken up. The smoking gun will be the YouTube code change that broke edge and Firefox. So one business are of Google made a change to shut out competitors of another business arm, bad idea and very clearly monopolistic. By moving to Chromium MS can argue that they were forced to change and that it had an impact on their business.

Mega.co.nz

>all these chrome shills itt
Pathetic. At least use a fork
Electron.

Chromium runs the internet. You're either a normie or a Mozilla shill.

People using chrome are the normalfags.

and people using firefox are trannies or autists. there's no winning.

i hate both firefox and chrome

1) Electron.js
2) Webdevs only target Chrome now, unless they're working on some legacy internal webapp that only runs on IE. Otherwise, they don't give two shits about IE, Edge, Firefox, or Safari. Welcome to 2008 all over again.

This wouldn't have happened if Firefox didn't fuck up so badly.

>Jow Forums is slow to reload the page, it uses more memory, responds slower.
citation needed

Firefox Quantum is actually p. good.

t. switched back literally a week ago after six years of using Chrome

Works perfectly fine on my Firefox.

> Google getting raped to death by the fed
I could only hope

caniuse.com/sharedworkers

Safari/IOS is a pain in the ass catering to their fucking native app pajeet developers.
Their share is small, yet their user base has stupid money.

github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/issues/719
github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/issues/1230
github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/issues/1968

Attached: 1539829297434.png (540x540, 219K)

firefox' market share is pretty bad so it makes more sense to bet on the winning horse.

it's not Firefox's fault that 4channel is broken by some botnet script and adblock filters

>it uses more memory
Absolutely untrue.

Two are the monkey addon's fault, the seems to be something random that fixed itself after two days. That's all you've got?

This confuses the Chrome user.

Attached: Screenshot_19.png (444x321, 16K)

Yeah but Microsoft and Mozilla together would be enough to resist the total takeover. Instead they've cucked out and left one little fox to fight the juggernaut alone. Fucking cowards. Pic related has never been truer.

Attached: download (3).jpg (500x576, 62K)

Because it's better?
They don't want some autistic ideology, they simply want something that's better. Also chromium is licensed under BSD which is shorter and more permissive than MPL

underage turds should fuck off back to 9gag

firecucks seething their browser is irrelevant
go fund more political projects

cope

Uh, Firefox has web components. Custom Elements, shadow DOM, HTML templates, ES Imports... all there.

Just not the V0 that nobody except google ever supported or liked and that Google used for YouTube specifically BECAUSE only Chrome supports them and it makes every other browser dog slow.

I never got this argument ?
why do you care about the company producing it if you can literally just leech (ie just disable every single telemetry they even document it). you get rewarded by not being able to be fingerprinted nor tracked.

with anything based on chromium you will always in some way benefit Google. Even if Mozilla would be run by Mongolian and or Indin government I'd rather “help“ them over Google which u aren't even forced to with Firefox just people Here like more to engage in useless discussions than reading a 5 minute manual

so you quoted the mega.co.nzqguy because ? you are just a shill.

mindlessly repeating shit like an underage retard

the true 4chin sheep-mind has spoken

Attached: david-hasselhoff-thumbs-up.jpg (600x600, 46K)

>only tinfoilers use firefox
It's funny because firefox is malware.

>Most webdevs only test on chrome.
Imagine a shitty world where this was true.

Firefox is still less malware than Chrome, and Icecat isn't malware at all.

electron is really dogshit though?
and i use nothing that uses it.
this post is just wrong lol
mega works fine on firefox
chaching 4gb+ in the browser doesnt though but at that point you should just download their desktop application.

I for one only test on a HTML validator. If it's 100% standards compliant then the rest isn't my problem. Get a better browser, plebs. I'm not even using any obscure markup.

Anything that auto updates without permission is malware.

this

You can't disable all the telemetry in Firefox, mozilla collected data from people who had telemetry set to disabled e.g. those settings don't work.
>with anything chromium you will always in some way benefit google
"I never got this argument ?
"why do you care about the company producing it if you can literally just leech"

You don't use Spotify, VSCode, Atom, Slack, Discord, Skype, etc?
Great if you don't, but you're stupid if you don't believe the vast majority of people aren't regularly using chromium-based software. It runs desktop software in the west, there's no way around it nobody gives a fuck about native apps anymore unless it's on iOS/Android and even then it's a toss up.

Only retards use electron garbage.

Still butthurt that netscape dethroned IE.

Ungoogled chromium isn't malware, Firefox is malware. If you don't mention debotneted firefox, unmozillaed firefox but just say firefox you are recommending malware. Stop recommend malware, shill.

Read that post again. I'm not recommending Firefox, only saying that it's less botnet than Chrome which is a really low bar to clear. I'm recommending Icecat.

I actually hate the fuck out of all current browsers, especially the bloated garbage that is anything blink, gecko, or webkit derived.

I know a single site which does not render properly on firefox, it works but text or images are out of place, it also can't create pdfs properly on firefox for whatever reason.
Said site is homebrewery

works on my machine

based

>Firefox Quantum is actually p. good.
It literally uses more RAM and CPU than Chrome. What a joke.

and yet gecko on seamonkey is still faster