I finally have money to buy a TV for my apartment. I am looking at something above 40 inches...

I finally have money to buy a TV for my apartment. I am looking at something above 40 inches. Should I buy a smart TV or a screen with a Chromecast? Please suggest.

Attached: 1370282032397.jpg (334x313, 19K)

This is usually something the people at BestBuy or WalMart could help you with.

Why would you want a TV? Just move your phone closer to your face.

Both are botnet, build an htpc.

I don't live in America or Europe.

>I finally have money to buy a TV
How poor are you? Do you have a credit card?

OLED has fast burn-in. Be aware.

See And TVs are fucking expensive here. Costs at least $500.

Old gen chromecasts are not full hd. Chromecast only gives your tv smart tv functions. If on the same wifi you could cast your device to the tv. Nit sure if that works if you use wired internet.

Chromecast and normal tv. You can get a 40 usd andriod box with Chromecast built in.

>I don't live in America or Europe.
>I am looking at something above 40 inches. Please suggest.
I don't know what fucking models exist in your godforsaken region idiot, even if I did - I just told you to go and ask a fucking store.

Go to whatever shit store you'd buy this over $500 set from and ask them what you should buy.
Moron.

to be honest smart tv's are a bullshit feature, and most of its usable features will be updated out of existence (my vizio smart tv's only useful smart feature is the youtube app, and it doesn't even work/has never worked for me because an update had disabled it before I even bought the TV.

Chromecast is only useful if you have a computer or phone you want to port the display from without wires. Not very usefull because the quality is shitty

Just get a tv with an HDMI port and buy an HTPC or a ROKU or a STREAMING STICK or something for smart features and online connectivity.

> smart TV
All "smart" TVs are BS:
- fragmented market
- as a result, no apps
- vendor lock-in
- sometimes they lag EVEN when you just want to switch the input right after powering on.
> Chromecast
Botnet (oh yes, and smart TVs spy on you like motherfuckers), but at least you can change the device.

> Costs at least $500.
BRBR?

I have an LG TV from 5 years ago. It still gets updates and everything works fine.

>chromecast
>botnet
For you to cast to it you will need an Android device which is a botnet by itself. So it's a botnet-botnet.

If you really feel the need to stream on your tv, buy an HDMI and hook it to your laptop

The thing is. Do they even sell non-smart TVs anymore?

No, but:
- You can buy a monitor, there are some 4K Philips, DELL and LG for over 40";
- You can decline the EULA and all the smart bits will be disabled.

Normal TV with HDMI and Usb port

I plug my external hdd to the tv and watch anime or connect an old laptop if want streaming

>But but but... it's not easy to change the service user

Buy bluetooth keyboard+trackpad for that use

Don't those cost a kidney?

>I am looking at something above 40 inches.
Oh I'm sure you are, you naughty naughty op

Attached: heh.jpg (435x312, 66K)

jej

normal tv + chromecast/roku/amazonfire device

Can you even buy dumb tvs any more? It seems like all the tvs that would have been dumb 2 years ago are now roku tvs.

TVs are for normalfaggots. buy a big monitor and stream shit off of that.