You may not like it, but this is what peak productivity looks like

You may not like it, but this is what peak productivity looks like.

Attached: Fedora_GNOME.png (1600x900, 435K)

I used to use Fedora and KDE. I was very happy with it.

you are saying it like you no longer use computers

That's not OSX user

No shit. He would've said "peak faggotry" if he were talking about OSX.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1545364448457.gif (500x421, 1.89M)

I still don't understand why they made panel like this.

>using the mouse, ever
>productivity

Nice bait, got me to reply.

>default keybinds to tile and move windows through workspaces
what? I mean if you are a Window manager man is okay but I hate when KDE niggers come to say GNOME is inferior

KDE does not have Win + arrows thingy?
Weird, because I thought KDE tries to look like windows (and many anons here seem to advice it as "more similar to windows) and these are default win 10 shortcuts.

I think it has, I'm sure Xfce doesn't. But what's more important to me is that there's no workspace shortcuts like i3

what

Attached: 1525793761783.png (1280x1440, 224K)

after half year with fedora, i wanna go back to debian
and i hate debian more than most distros

I never said the tiling thing isn't there, I don't even use it that much. I said the important thing is the workspaces, they aren't there by default and they are not created on demand like on gnome. And even there, we can see that you are using the mouse a lot since you don't have them setup. I don't care to be honest, KDE is comfy and lighter on resources than a gnome "suite" installation but I prefer gnome because is not cluttered with menus

>wasted space
>meme resolution
lmao

>window manager man
Fucking retard. Every Linux desktop environment running X11 uses a window manager. Even your GNOME, you fucking retard and it's called Mutter.

>Fedora
Yes
>Gnome
No. Cinnamon for new PCs, Xfce for older ones.

Why does anyone like gnome..?

It works well enough ootb to not care to switch to anything other. Atleast for me. But I am very lazy in terms of shit like that so maybe its just me.

>peak shittiness

>linux
>productivity

>i hate debian more than most distros
me too.

>100% vfx studios on earth use linux-only softwares
How does it feel to watch shitty blockbusters made with linux?

But do they use gnome?

usually centos with gnome classic

The real world rarely coincides with the trends of Jow Forums/reddit, so most likely, yes.

I have a first generation i5 processor and gnome ran like absolute shit on it. I tried fedora, debian and centOS and it ran like shit on all of them so I just used debian with xfce but today I gave ubuntu a try again and it's actually running pretty well. how is this bloated javascript mess of a DE running well now?

But I like it

They fixed a bunch of shit, and I believe Cannonical has been submitting their work to Gnome in an attempt to be nice.

wow that's great news but this would have never happened if it wasn't mostly coded in javascript in the first place

Gnome classic is simply gnome with a few extensions but "guaranteed to work" isn't it?

Not even GNOME developers use GNOME. They use macOS.

>guaranteed to work
Lolno. It's just GNOME that can sort of run without GPU acceleration.

I agree. I've been using Gnome since the beginning and I've toughed out too much shit to abandon it now. I hope they don't spill the spaghet with Gnome 4. I don't want to have to adapt to using KDE with it's messiness and lack of focus.

You're retarded

>peak productivity
No task bar

Fuck off troll. Nobody in tech uses Gnome except for Red Hat and they just use it because they have to tow the company line.

I meant "extensions that are tested and guaranteed to work", not the de itself (which probably is tested too for rhel).

Based ITODDLERS BTFO poster

I use OpenBSD now for technoreligious reasons.

Based.

this, whatever Jow Forums does, you so the opposite to a certain extent. For example they use Linux, but don't go all the way and stay on the same area most professionals use it

You mean peak bloat. It's quite amazing to me how something that doesn't have any functionality to speak of can run like absolute dogshit.

Attached: 1537616438605.jpg (462x429, 25K)

Why in the hell is Gnome so popular? It's such a fucking awful DE
Fuck Ubuntu in the ass for popularizing it, and fuck Red Hat for dropping KDE support

this

based broken english anime poster

Fuck Red Hat in general, fucking cunts.

Red hat are business and they need to focus on one thing, wasting resources on many things is ineffecient. Why they chosen gnome over kde - probably because their clients preferred gnome. Its that fucking simple.

seething

Attached: 2918321332.png (506x467, 110K)

t. Gnome cuck

>a smug gnome user

Attached: CzIAyuDUAAATE-h.jpg (981x785, 96K)

People are lazy.
As long as its working "just fine" noone will switch. And this seems to be the case.

Gnome 2/Mate were pretty comfy. They didn't age so well if you try to use them now. XFCE is kind of similar.

This. I downloaded Ubuntu my sophomore year of high school, didn't even know that I could use apt for a year, didn't find out about window managers until after that. I was a total fag. I now get physically sick at the sight of gnome

Why though? It just works. You launch applications and thats it, whats the problem?

It's extremely laggy, poorly designed, blocky, causes my screen to spontaneously shut off for 2-3 seconds, and it's made with fucking ECMAscript

What is your hardware?

t. IBM Thinkpad T10

DNF might be the worst piece of software I've ever used. The API is schizophrenic garbage. The performance is offensive (imagine having to run all large updates in a virtual console in the year 2018--wish I was kidding), maybe the worst I've seen in professional work.

I hate it forever, because Fedora is super comfy otherwise. I mean, who the fuck thinks its a good idea to write a package manager in an inherently single-threaded language. An absolute disgrace to an otherwise rock-solid distro.

OP here. I thought I was the only one, tab completion on dnf literally freezes for me , I have to control+c if I accidentally do it. Almost unusable, also ntop won't install for missing dependencies. Dropping this shit (Fedora 29). CentOS has 0 problema once you add keepcache=1 to yum config. What would you use now?

>>meme resolution
still better than 1366x768