The time to upgrade is January

even poorfags have no excuses now

Attached: 1517834313170.png (899x705, 167K)

>$399

>Allegedly
Fake news.

Why would I upgrade when I only use my computer for funposting

Attached: 1544486982875.png (405x449, 225K)

>needing to upgrade
don't understand this meme when use-cases don't change?

What a JOKE.

Attached: Capture_20181218101743.png (1269x1694, 161K)

J-JUST WAIT FOR NAVI

Attached: 04323.png (342x356, 136K)

fang

>shittech
>allegedly

Attached: watch it.jpg (377x325, 24K)

>$400
>Budget
Retards will spend their entire bank account on this

First time on Jow Forums since 6 months.
What will be the differences between the 2 cards ? Are these the expected mining and gaming cards ?

RayTracing pff
I'm waiting for the handjob version

you gaymers made this industry shit. Now they will push for "no graphics card no computer" meme

>Buying shitty, overexpensive prototype cards

Yeah, no.

...so does this mean an 1180 that isn't pointlessly priced for a pointless feature?

i want it so bad to be good user, but amd has been behind the curve for half a decade now with their gpus

>high end amd card
>150w
Oh I am laffin

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (648x429, 43K)

>I just bought an RX 580
G-good thing I also got a Ryzen 5, th-there's an upgrade path, r-r-right?

It means no one is buying the 20 line and they have to dump all their 10 series cards.

And then the lord said, "Let there be light." and there was ryzen.

AMDniggers are mad that Nvidia has been the pioneer of basically every advancement of GPU technology for the past 20 years. Nvidia innovates, AMD makes a half assed knock off awhile later. Jow Forums is furious that they can't afford superior Nvidia products and have to settle for AMD garbage.

y-yea bro ... just w-wait for navi ... in 2020 ... nvidia will be btfo for sure this time!

Actually it was you cryptards who pushed the prices of GPUs through the roof.

Criticizing AMD ever should literally be legally required to be punished by immediate execution.

Nvidia drivers are garbage.

Unless they make a 1180 Ti I don't care. I'm not paying a meme-tracing tax.

>$400
>entire bank account
pffffft

one line down, one to go

They're not high end. AMD doesn't intend on competing or advancing the high end with their next generation, unfortunately.

If you're the kind of ultra-poorfag who buys x60-class cards, that's almost certainly pretty close.

C'mon guys, AMD basically curb stomped the gtx 1070 out of relevancy for $400 and can be UV'd to match the 1070's power consumption like 25% of the time. Have a little faith in Navi.

Attached: Comb22122018083808.jpg (2298x1768, 339K)

>novidia LOLOLOL so bad

I mean look at the most recent benchmarks. It's now shitting all over a gtx 1080. That has to mean something, right?

Attached: GIMPWORSE_VS_FINEWINE.jpg (744x736, 162K)

Attached: 1440p.png (1320x2887, 144K)

I mean look at THIS. AMD must be doing SOMETHING right.

Attached: 1080p.png (933x2222, 333K)

pretty sure the gtx 1160 is just based off a random form Linus tech tips forum.

so its basically 100% larper bullshit and just some poverty teir user begging that raytracing wont be required in 18months time (it will to even boot games)

>TFW 1080 Ti
I'm "poor" and still have the 2nd best card on the market
fuck rtx

>Buy GPU that's reasonably priced and a great sweet spot for price and performance
>Do the same with a CPU that's curb stomping its competitor right now
You are very hard pressed to find better hardware for the money right now.

Attached: 1520597701245.jpg (960x946, 92K)

Might want to check your facts there.
The only thing Nvidia has done first is meme tracing and proprietary garbage every other modern GPU feature was implemented by AMD first

>what is Vulkan, built on the shoulders of Mantle

Attached: bait 1515205510778.jpg (680x649, 102K)

I'm still running a shit tier FX CPU OP. I wouldn't see any benefit to upgrading from my 1060.

wtf

>yet ANOTHER xx60 SKU
When will LJM learn we don't want his cut-down abortions?

blame ayymd for not putting up good cards

Their midrange shit is good though. It's the lack of a good high-end card that's the problem.

Nah, AMD does have the raw hardware horsepower to destroy nvidia BUT a mix of bad drivers and shitty game devs are holding them back. How else was the fucking vega 56 able to wipe the floor with the gtx 1080ti in a few games?

>XX60 tier card
>Upgrade
I wish we hardware locked pleblets from posting on Jow Forums

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 7K)

RTX and GTX to coexist LMAO
being this scared of AMD rofl

They better be, that attempted murder on the gtx 1080 ti by a lowly vega 56 has novidya sweating bullets right now.

Attached: Comb15092017124030.jpg (1600x3494, 584K)

Is there any reason to get a 1080ti over a 2070?

Not really, nvidia will be heavily gimping the 1080ti as time goes on to get people to switch to rtx. Just stop updating drivers on the 1080ti.

>Are these the expected mining and gaming cards
Have you not been in the rest of the world during those 6 months also?
I would unironically rather have an rx580 than what's posted in the OP.

Are you serious nigga
>AMD better than Nvidia when budget isn't a factor

It made the gtx 1070 AND the 1080 irrelevant in modern titles. I'd clearly define AMD being better than even if budget wasn't an issue.

Also why would you pay MORE (gtx 1070/1080) to get LESS FPS?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 34K)

>3 cherry-picked benchmarks
Yes, I'm sure they're sweating the 40% increase in revenue that the Vega 56 "cost" them.

>Nvidia has been the pioneer of basically every advancement of GPU technology for the past 20 years. Nvidia innovates, AMD makes a half assed knock off awhile later.
This is so incredibly backwards I'm not even sure where to begin.
Have you heard of Mantle/Vulkan? Have you heard of HBM? Have you hard of x86-64 (hint: AMD64)
Grats on getting some (You)s but honestly man that's beyond ignorant.
Also I've used hardware from all these companies over the years but haven't bought intel or nvidia this decade because they are just not a good deal. Why should I pay more for less?

and that's in DX11 LMAO. Don't even show the DX12 or Vulkan benchmarks

>copy of DX12 is an advancement
>using memory is an advancement
>an instruction set that GPUs don't even use is an advancement

Why would they rush AND botch the RTX meme trash if they weren't scared? Even with all that their stock has been tanking steadily over the past few months. I mean AMD isn't doing too well either but it's nowhere near as bad as nvidia plunge.

>R9 390X still relevant, matching/better than a 1060 or 970
based 5 year old Hawaii architecture based card

>vega 64 LC above 1080ti
>vega 64 above a titan X
>vega 56 above a 1080 and 1070ti
kek

>How else was the fucking vega 56 able to wipe the floor with the gtx 1080ti in a few games?
CHEATS!

Why do you act as though this advancement in capability is unprecedented, newfag?
The Geforce 1 had hardware T&L. In games that didn't support it, (which was all of them at release), the TNT2 Ultra performed equally as well for cheaper.
The Geforce 1 wasn't a flop, and now all cards support hardware T&L thanks to Nvidia.

Good for us miners
Also fuck gayming and fuck gaymers

@69034313
0/10

Nah, the raw FP32 is there senpai. Sad only a few gaymes were able to tap into it.

Because the potential for vega is there and dirt 4 isn't the only gayme taking advantage of it. Or are you jokingly (hopefully) saying RTX is any sort of "advancement"?

>Have you heard of HBM
Yeah it was a huge meme, fury got completely smashed by 980ti and has aged like fucking shit because of its 4gb of ram so it gets ran over by fucking everything. Sure hope you weren't retarded enough to buy one of those pieces of shit instead of 980ti.

most games are designed like shit and are poorly optimized garbage. whats new
are you retarded? you think that HBM/HBM2 were a failure? nvidia uses it now you know.
also do you not see charts in this very fucking thread where fury / fury X is beating a 1070 / very close to 980ti?
funnily enough 3gb cards are the most used now :^)

>You have to upgrade because new hardware exists
>look we even made lower priced cards so you are now obligated to spend money with us.
No, fuck off.

>also do you not see charts in this very fucking thread where fury / fury X is beating a 1070 / very close to 980ti?
No I don't, mind posting posting saying the post number because no chart in this thread has fury or fury x beating a 980ti or 1070 you fucking retarded ass drone.

>first, this is probably fake
>2nd, if true - it's only because Navi pressure

>committing thought crimes against capitalism

Attached: 1523358496327.png (1366x768, 125K)

Are cryptofarmers still causing hardware inflation? It's been a couple years since I gave a fuck about new hardware so I haven't been keeping up.

What you're thinking of is communism, where everyone must buy from the one brand and must buy at a certain time.
In capitalism, I'm free to vote with my wallet if a product or service isn't enticing. Which this product isn't.

Fuck off back to commieworld Jen

>Are cryptofarmers still causing hardware inflation
yes

My build is only a couple years old so can still play everything at max. I think I'll just switch to consoles next generation.

What's the point of playing on consoles when you lose the ability to mod and cheat. The whole reason I switched to PC was because I lamented the loss of cheat codes in ps3 games. Now I can play games with mods and hacks that let me play them as they were really meant to be played.

you bought AMD, that's all that matters

I don't like modern video games, they're just a waste of time and money.

>not even knowing how capitalism works
get the fuck out of your computer and start reading a book about capitalism and economy you fucking retard.

Not buying a card until the next gen --50 ti is released. My poorfag 750 ti works fine.

Attached: 1540355139593.png (363x518, 200K)

Am i actually going to be able to get a better card than my 1080 for less than the price of a kidney soon?

No, these cards will be shit and overpriced. Considering the 2070 slightly beats a 1080 this will probably be around 1070 performance. Ray Tracing won't fucking run on it considering the 2080 barely can at 1080p.

Itll probably be $350-400 too, so overpriced.

It's all up to amd now, Nvidia has mostly shown their hand. Nvidia will make their prices reasonable once amd forces them to. Just like amd forced Nvidia to make a $250 sweet spot card (1060) that beat the 980 with the 480.

Nah I’m not poor or stupid. 1080Ti SLI with 44pcie lanes running up my 9800X system. Thus giving me full bandwidth on both cards.
>pic related

Attached: A61A69CB-AD1C-4F48-BD6A-4B389EDE79B4.jpg (1242x1216, 1.18M)

>1160
Wut?
This screams rebrand.

>What's the point of playing on consoles when you lose the ability to mod and cheat.
Different strokes for different folks, I'd say what's the point of playing a game if you're going to cheat.
And modding lately has become a joke, most "mods" are glorified cheats anyway. I have no interest in cheating in games, I don't look down on it, but it's not something I have interest in either.

Can these gay ass shill threads go away for one day? I have a fucking HD7950 which works perfectly with AMDGPU drivers. Why in the everloving name of fuck would I need to upgrade? I barely play games anymore anyway. Also, if I were to buy a new card I would have to say bye bye to VGA support, and fuck that gay ass jazz, I'm gonna hold out as long as possible. I'll probs pick up a Ryzen when Switch emulation gets better because as much as I hate Ninty the new Smash looks really good but unironically.
pic unrelated

Attached: PC98.jpg (480x319, 19K)

Why doesn't AMD try to compete with the 2080 and 2080 Ti?
I'm able to spend more than $250 on a GPU and I'd like to if it would give me better performance.

I want to suck on her fang

>new cards fail so badly at (workstation) crap they don't even enable rt features
>soft launch it 4 months + early and market it to (gamers)
>predictably falls flat on its face with rtx on looking the same if not worse than what it replaced with a huge performance cost.
Isn't the whole point of having a accelerated graphics processing unit to speed up rendering? Not slow it the fuck down to 2009 1080p 60fps levels
The 2080 Ti at fucking 2.6ghz on ln2 can't break 60fps let alone 50 on 3dmarks rt bench it's just a absolute joke gpu plagued with tech problems even the titan rtx has issues 1350mhz and bunch of other stuff space invaders horrible drivers broken display support.
Pascal is the last nvidia gpu I'll ever touch my 1080 is good but nvidia have completely lost their way.
$600usd for a midrange 2070? 400 for a low end 2060? Not to mention hilarious 800usd for a upper middle range 2080 that gets trounced by a 1080ti
The fuck is the audience for this? Nobody is buying them.
Rtx tech in games has completely flopped no doubt it vulkan rt and dxr will eventually make its way onto amd cards but that's years away.

Repeat after me: Competition is good for US THE CUSTOMERS!

>even poorfags have no excuses now
>poorfags
>poor
>no excuses
Boi u dumb af

I just use my phone for posting on the internet I barely use my gaming PC now most games are fucking garbage I can't seem to find anything fun maybe I'm just getting too old fuck my actual life I never thought I'd see the day when I'm just not entertained by computer games anymore where is my meaning for life all I have is my to 2D waifus to cry over.

Ray Tracing is the next big meme.

See I'm not the same guy, but this is within the margin of error, I think.

>be waitfag
>buy ps4 and switch
>all set until the next big thing on pc in 2020

the time to upgrade is as far in the future as possible.

>he is that poor

>not wasting money means you're poor