Felt a bit overwhelmed and too restrained by Django after reading a tutorial. Should I learn flask or stick with it?

felt a bit overwhelmed and too restrained by Django after reading a tutorial. Should I learn flask or stick with it?

Attached: alri.png (643x523, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/golang/comments/1l7jkg/how_is_go_for_data_science/
datasciencecentral.com/profiles/blogs/9-python-analytics-libraries-1
dzone.com/articles/which-are-the-popular-languages-for-data-science
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoyed "The Flask Mega-Tutorial", maybe check that out? haven't use django desu

django is garbage, flask is better. but both are terrible for web. python should not be used for web. Go is a billion times faster for things that need speed, ruby & php are also much faster and work better for web. Pyhton is the worst choice for web.

>php

Attached: 1502933312538.jpg (1024x768, 125K)

I'm interested in python for web cause I wanna do a few data science related projects for fun. Something like interactive stats in a webpage, or some stats that update live in real time. Am I still better off learning some other language?

I read php 7 is actually great and fixes everything wrong with php 5. However, the recent good quality tutorials are scarce. php oldfags insist it's about to experience a "renaissance" but don't put in the effort to attract new devs. Even the official documentation has outdated articles

what about it?
php 7 is faster than python
php 7.3 is twice as fast as php 7
php 7.4 is 4 times as fast.
python is garbage for web, and always has been. It integrates fucking terribly.

but does php work for what I want to do? everyone in data science, machine learning and AI seem to love Python

Go and or nodejs would be far better for that. PHP&Ruby would also be better than python for that but they aren't good for that vs go nor node.. that's pretty much what those languages are for.
reddit.com/r/golang/comments/1l7jkg/how_is_go_for_data_science/
Unironically read the first reply.

People in data science are bad programmers. The only reason to use python is it has "ok speed" and it is very easy to use. PHP is now faster so if you can implement the same shit it is better.
They're both not good for
>interactive stats

>Some time ago I had the same problem. My task was a platform for machine learning. After several months I have some info for sharing. Go is fast and memory effecient. We compared our old implementation in python + nltk and nltk-trainer and our custom classifier in go on big corpora. So go version was about 15 times faster mainly because python version eats all memory and swap.

jesus python is DOA

>Broadly speaking, you can either be talking something heavily numerical or heavily computational (lots of branching, basically). The latter might be OK in Go. The former I would not recommend
>Though you could make a lot of worse choices, data science isn't something Go is specifically good at.
all the replies, including the first one, are claiming the opposite of what your post says...

but what about all the stats-related libraries python has?
datasciencecentral.com/profiles/blogs/9-python-analytics-libraries-1
from what I've seen the support for this stuff isn't there for php, even though it has better performance

No they don't. They say go specifically "isn't good at it" but it is far better than python
dummy.
Java is the best choice.

so should I learn Spring Boot? That's nice to read cause I like Java better than python

And? Literally the only reason python is used is because it's easy as fuck to implement shit.
If you want to get it done in an hour then use python, idc if your web app is garbage, tons of stuff uses python because it's easy.
That's why Matrix protocol was implemented in python first and now is being made into go (matrix dendrite)
Python is very fast for the user, nothing else.

Well if that's the case go for it. Java is by far the most used language for big ass data sciences etc. I personally hate it and figured everyone here did as well.
Python is literally only used because ideas can be implemented in hours vs days - weeks

php 7 is actually good desu

Learn Go, node, flask, or any other microframework that teaches you how HTTP works. The higher level ones like Django or Rails are shit unless you know a bit about how it works under the hood. Also don't use ORMs and learn SQL, it is much much better.

thanks. What's your personal favorite of those 3 you mentioned? I'm leaning towards Node since I'm learning JS anyway, and the user a few replies above tells me Python isn't really good for anything. However I'm still curious about Python and some of its libraries, like tensorflow

Python will work but the whole "data science" is a marketing meme. You can do statistical analysis in any language, it's more about what you're doing and standard library plus available packages/libraries for that. Or what language you're supposed to use if its a assignment.

after some googling - Spring seems like a pain in the ass.
alright, I'll focus on JS for now and just use node or whatever I like the most as long as it's not too high level and restraining. There's probably tons of JS stats libraries. Thanks anons!

Depends on the size.
dzone.com/articles/which-are-the-popular-languages-for-data-science
As said above specific languages have more libraries for it..

Python is easiest language to do it
Java is the language that'll scale the biggest

There's julia which is trying to kill python (a good thing)

and javascript is pretty easy to do anything in since everyone uses it for every random fucking thing today

is knowledge of one framework not transferable to other frameworks at all?
why do employer cunts torture us with stringent requirements? i mean i'm going to be with them for at least 2 years