/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 6T: Smartphone of the Year Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: bgr-oneplus-6t-1.jpg (1200x800, 239K)

imagine buying a notched phone instead of waiting for these idiots to figure it out

Was 2018 the Year of the Notch?
Will 2019 be the Year of the Hole?

That's not a poco. What's the best case for poco?

hey fa/g/Jow Forumsots, is there a guide on buying a htc m8 on ebay (or androids on ebay)?

Anyone have experience with the LG v35?

I have a v20 and I'm getting sick of how dogshit the battery is for this thing.

best phone under 200 usd that is not chinese? i know im asking for a lot

A Nokia or Motorola phone.

Anyone here have the galaxy note 9? How is it holding up? What case and screen protector do you have if any?

How about a teardrop phone?

So my phone got nicked by two niggers with knives a few weeks ago. Been using my girlfriend's old redmi note 3 pro (sd650 3gb ram) since. My gfs mom just gave me a Samsung a6+ she got for free.

Looking at the specs the a6+ seems marginally better except for the processor, which is a SD 450.

Would switching to the Samsung be a downgrade?

whats the best phone for $250 thats about the size of a v20 and has good battery life? Used is an option, I just havent been keeping up with chinkphones so idk what to my friend

Have a galaxy S5 that is getting old on me like long time to load apps etc, the oled screen flickering at low brightness, its binged water as well as falling shoulder height around 37x and its 4 years old now.
I'm looking for something sub $300 with a removable battery, or an easily replaceable one like in the moto G4.
Oh and it would be a + if the screen was 5in. or smaller, i prefer one handed use. Dont game much just a decent camera and some good storage.

nothing is acceptable unless all sensors are beneath the screen without quality being noticeably impacted
until then, stick with phones with symmetrical bezels.

Pocophone is your best option albiet a little above 250 usd but there really isn't anything around that 250 usd price range unless you wanna drop down to Xiaomi redmi notes at 180 usd

Moto G6+

when are you going to stop caring about chinkphones you upgrade to every year and just get yourself an iphone that lasts 5 years

you're a working man aren't you? why do you spend all this time buying phones over and over again, it's such unnecessary consumerist bullshit

Samsung j3 or j5 or j7

Nth for meme mix 3

Im going get this sexy fucking beast and you can't stop me

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1000, 225K)

But iPhones don't even last 1 year fampai. This meme that iPhones are long lasting is getting out of hand.

I personally hate the os lg ships with their phone and im not sure if the bootloop meme is actually true.
can you use american sims with it? I remember people saying that it only used international carriers

It works perfectly with at&t but no other American providers unfortunately.

Enjoy your low battery capacity and lack of an sd card slot and audio jack.

So you are American...

You guys didn't get the G6+ unfortunately but the Moto X4 is basically the same phone, look that one up

Thx, but i do't think i'll go back to another shitsung again.
They really are full of useless apps.

Yer don't, my J7 didn't last me a year before fucking up.

*Laughs in 256gb capacity*
*Chuckles in included mini dongle*
*Scoffs in qc 4.0*

Kill you are selve

As a RN3 pro user, no.

Samsung is the only company of the market that still makes quality phones that don't buy into the latest rediculous fad. I'm not sure what you mean about useless apps as samsung let's you remove 99% of preinstalled apps and is just as bad as other companies when it comes to bloatware. For example in apples case the useless apps can't be removed at all.

Will there be any good non-meme phones in 2019?

Attached: 1545517172015.jpg (850x1908, 644K)

Funny, I got my j7 on release and it's still going strong with 0 issues

Bump

Nope

accidently ordered redmi note 5

Attached: shock.webm (480x480, 1.46M)

No

Prepare to be CHINKED

how does it feel ... being CHINKED?

Your phone will probably slow down after a few months and you will be annoyed by the lack of
support for the phone from the chink manufacturer.

Thinking of upgrading my Samsung s5.
Is LG v30 any good? It still has expansion slot and looks like it's rootable

Attached: md05878229-350x350.jpg (350x350, 37K)

2 weeks in. Have zero complaints, besides not remapable Fucksby button. No fucking notch. Good screen, camera and battery life. S pen actually not a meme. Would buy again.

Attached: Screenshot_20181223-102554_Settings_1.jpg (1440x742, 32K)

Pusy

My mom has Sony Xperia Z1c. I want to buy her a new one, since her's is busted.

Would you recommend XZ1c, that is virtually the same as her current one, but new or XZ2c, which has metal body?

She will drop it repeatedly, including into the toilet. I think the plastic one is better in this case, but not sure.

What do you think?

Attached: 143720-phones-vs-sony-xperia-xz2-vs-sony-xperia-xz1-whats-the-difference-image1-n4tiglhvya.jpg (970x647, 154K)

Get her a shutterproof case for next phone as well

>Get her a shutterproof case for next phone as well
That's actually a good idea.
Do they come in pink?

Use search, go to chink general and ask there if you want to get spoonfed.

Best screen protector for the iPhone XS? Are there any that don't get in the way of the gestures

Thanks.

The original question still stands, though.

s8 or pixel?

can get og pixel free, but $300+ for upgrading to s8

I have XZ1 compact, I got that one over xz2 because of headphone jack and price, and non-retard screen aspect:ratio.

Also get her one of those armor cases and tampered glass screen protectors.

What is the absolute best phone on the market right now?

Look into bxActions for the bixby button. I have it mapped to Google assistant

Pocophone

Spigen ultra Hybrid but who cares really they all look the same.

If you don't live in the US, Pocophone 100%.

By nicked you meant they raped your ass and gave you AIDS while recording everything on your phone so you destroyed it in anger.

Can wait till phones have 1000mAh batteries and qc 10.0 for 0 to 1000 in 5 mins.

That notch is like a nipple, looks retarded.

is there an objectively best quick charger on the market or are they all about the same? One that came with my moto x pure suddenly stopped working and I'm wondering if I should get another Motorola one (although new ones are 15 watt while mine was 25) or go with another make.

Attached: 1385908424646.png (962x1371, 85K)

Got it, thank you.

XZ4

Note 9
lol at the pajeets saying pocomeme

Fuck off samshill
>For fucks sake.

>Been using the Note 9 for a week now and what an absolute piece of shit phone it is. How is this the "BEST" (ignoring price) android has to offer when all it has going for it is a good screen and 3.5mm jack?

>linkedin, facebook and other BS are undeletable system apps
>dedicated bixby button/no way to disable it like before
>constantly trying to shoehorn you into their shitty apps
>laggy UI
>no moveable navigation bar replacement
>buttons are WAY too high up on the phone (and I can hold a bball with one hand)
>fingerprint reader that can't do anything else like bring down the notification panel
>meh camera

>Samsungs UI is complete aids along with that dedicated bixby button and lacks functionality. They built the phone thinking you're going to be two-handing it, taking notes every fucking second. I sure want to reach all the way to the bottom of the screen every time i want to go back. I sure want to have to find specific apps to counter their bullshit.

>How do people have the nerve to diss EMUI when this shit exists? How is this phone so popular in the first place?

Man it's almost like the phone is called the "note" and is the only phone that comes with a dedicated pen that allows you to do that

Does Samshit Pay on the Gear s3 need to contact the linked phone in order to pay?
Got a rooted phone that i use as my daily thats causing the plugin to be shit and not work, If i link the watch to another phone and add cards that way would it matter which phone im carrying?

>meh camera
that guy is such a lying piece of shit.

Me too.

Should I update to the latest Lineage OS build on my Pocophone? People are reporting call bugs

What are some android tablets that have 4:3 screen?

Maybe the old Samsung models but they have shit cpu's.

Apple shill detected

I have 360 euros and I am about to go buy a phone, which one should I get?

Mate 9 or iphone 6s plus? Both are used, cheaper than rn5.

LG G5 was the last flagshio with replaceable batterry. It's 5 2" display although bezels aren't small and a case is mandatory. Storage is decent but you'll need an sd since a 10 minute video will eat up 1.3gb, camera is top tier but HQ takes up a lot of storage. Baterry life isn't it's strongest point but you can swap them or just get a powerbank.
Also you can get stock Oreo, don know what other devices from 2016 got it.

But it's true though, check any camera comparison, the Note 9 falls behind the current top flagship cameras like Pixel 3 or iPhone XS/XR.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2/S3 and many of Asus's ZenPads are 4:3. If you want something cheap then there's Teclast M89.

Pocophone

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

get one of the anker ones that are high output.

I have the oneplus 6t midnight edition. Easily the best phone I've ever had in every regard. Used to have a first gen pixel and a huawei p20 pro for a bit.

>OnePlus 6T
>smartphone of the year
>no headphone jack

Attached: pn254z2iyxx11.png (1431x801, 471K)

>I'd rather have an underpowered shit headphone jack than use a USB C DAC
You are what we call a "casual"

>he has to choose
lmaoing @ ur choices

Attached: 1527696416307.jpg (500x322, 28K)

>he would ever choose the built in shitty headphone jack instead of the USB DAC
plen

Why would I want to hook up a DAC on a phone? Phones are meant to be casual devices. I've never had a problem with headphones jacks being underpowered, and I have a pair of heaphones with 150 ohm resistance.

I can buy 3 poco at the price of one Samshit.

I love my 6T but why the fuck did they have to remove the jack seriously it would've been perfect. I'm starting to regret not getting an S9, even though I love the in-screen fingerprint sensor on my 6T.

>why would I want to hook up a DAC to a phone
So it doesn't sound like garbage
>phones are meant to be casual
For you
>I never had a problem
Plen

The only drawback about the Poco 3 is that its version of Android is pretty janky.

What's stopping you from getting a phone that can do both? You're exhibiting signs of Stockholm syndrome.

Here's an idea - they use a USB-C port for charging and media AND give us a headphone jack. That way, normal people can have their jack, and you can have your dongle.

*Poco, not Poco 3

>don't you want the option of trash disgusting audio?
No
>normal people can have their trash
No, it makes me happy that plens are forced to have better quality at the sacrifice of convenience

This post is dripping with COURAGE

Lmao look at this cuck, I can literally connect three headphones (2 BT + 1 3.5mm) and I still have my USB-C free to connect more shit without you even noticing any "drop" in quality. My phone literally dabs on your toy.

Attached: 1539371408525.png (500x500, 235K)

>at the sacrifice of convenience
The whole *point* of a smartphone is its convenience. The kind of audio experience you want would make much more sense on a PC.

So the Redmi Note 5 AI is basically the Redmi Note 5 (Pro) with slightly better camera? I might get that instead.

I read online that OnePlus wanted to have a headphone jack in the 6T, but the company, from which they buy their phones' internals, removed it. OnePlus then tried to play it off to customers like it was their idea all along so as to keep the appearance of control over its own products.

>without even noticing any drop in quality
Plen faggot

AAAAAAAAAAAA NO GOOD PHONE TO REPLACE MY GALAXY S4

>it's shit on purpose
The absolute state

Unless you had one of those LG phones with the stellar on board DAC you are a faggot