Why nobody talks about the Xiaomi laptops?

Why nobody talks about the Xiaomi laptops?

I think they look beautiful and the specs are stunning.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x635, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-09/new-evidence-of-hacked-supermicro-hardware-found-in-u-s-telecom
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they're Chinese botnets.

Just install a linux distro on it

>they look beautiful
You don't judge a book by its cover.

have you seen his specs?

People don't want to go the sketchy Chinese route AND pay out the ass for it.

They have being making good products in the past, judging for some videos that I saw there's nothing sketchy about this laptop and Xiaomi.

they're hardware botnets

It uses Intel, like any other American botnet company, just remove the Intel IME.

You cannot

why not?

>hey whats up fellow redditors how come no one is talking about this amazing product available near you at a low low price

Attached: 1542332461878.png (310x315, 382K)

>I think they look beautiful
>specs are stunning.
Implying any of this shit has any bearing on how well made a laptop is. Look at the tripe applul has been pumping out circa 2010.

Because Chinese technology is garbage.

A notebook must be thick, heavy, and have loud fans
Thin laptops are for malnourished basedboys who value form over function

Nope, BIOS are locked and compromised

hahahahahahah remove intel ME; GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY:)

Have you found out yet?

You can install Linux

Apple hardware looks nice, the problem are the specs and price, this in other looks effay and also for what I have seeing works really well and for almost 600 dollars ut has an integrated gpu

Why not having form and power at the same time?
I’m not saying that I don’t like Thinkpads, is just I like to have good looking hardware that actually works, I’m planning to get one for my computer engineering college career and install debian.

These cucks are afraid of the chinese.

Applefag

>BIOS are locked
Is this true?
Are there any proper reviews of this stuff?

>Why not having form and power at the same time?
In order to cram powerful hardware into a thin form factor, sacrifices have to be made, usually upgradeability and cooling
>I like to have good looking hardware that actually works
"Actually works" could mean different things, depending on you're planning to do on your machine
Besides, Macbooks and Thinkpads are not your only options

I’m going to use the laptop for college, I’m going to use it to write code and yes, this is the only issue that I have with this laptop, you can’t upgrade the ram but I think that you can upgrade the storage.

>Geforce MX110
Why the fuck did they put a dGPU that's slower than the integrated graphics is beyond me.

I actually can’t decide on picking this or a lenovo 330s, btw I love when laptops doesn’t big logos on it, both Lenovo 330s and Xiaomi doesn’t have logos and the Lenovo on the 330s laptop isn’t that huge.

The discovery shows that China continues to sabotage critical technology components bound for America.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-09/new-evidence-of-hacked-supermicro-hardware-found-in-u-s-telecom

enjoy your hardware botnet

One big reason (at least for me) is because if something ever went wrong with it like if the laptop's screen stopped working, it would be extremely difficult to get it serviced. I can gamble that risk with $200 electronics from China but not $800+ electronics.

It looks like the only way most people can buy it is from a third party seller in China. If you ever had to get it serviced you will probably have to pay a shitload in shipping fees to get it shipped back to China, than depend on the third party seller to send it to Xiaomi for repair, than depend on the third party seller to ship it back to you. That's only if the third party seller has some kind of 1 year warranty gurrantee.

You’re right, I like to being able to repair my own stuff, maybe I’ll pass.

Why would you ever buy a chink laptop
Laptops are like the least "good" bit of tech you can possibly buy, so many failure points that can break the device as a whole, and you'll have no support to get it working again.

Pointless as fuck.

However
>buy from dell
>they'll replace it next day

>buy from apple

>buy from lenovo

>buy from china
>they'll maybe replace it if you're lucky, really fucking slowly

I have owned a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro for over a year now and it is simply amazing. Blown every expectation out of the park. My only issue is the sharp edges.

I own one for half a year, it's good. Battery life is sufficient, it's fast. Display is decent(not great). It comes with a good 256gb ssd and has a second spare m.2 slot I'm gonna fill in two days. When I damaged my keyboard (I made something retarded) I was able to get a replacement via my retailer (though I paid for it obviously). Keyboard is decent. It's very nice for work, if you want to gayme you can do it a bit but the mx150 isn't very powerful and especially the display has high response times. Sadly it has no thunderbolt otherwise you could use a external GPU. I don't think the new variant with the better gpu has a different display so I would not recommend it if you're a gaymer (desu you shouldn't gayme on a laptop anyway).
If you care about the looks (which are nice btw.) you should absolutely invest in a cover for transporting. It's 12-15$ on gearbest.
What bothers me a lot is the qwerty keyboard since it's not the default keyboard used in my country (it's missing a key), this might or might not be a problem for you although there are workarounds.
The build quality: Well it's pretty solid physically, but it has it's problems. In the last 6 months my device bricked 3 times(couldn't turn it on), so I had to disconnect the battery. And strong vibrations (like riding a bus on bad roads) did manage to turn the device off a few times (it didn't just crash I could start it and continue directly where I left, so it might be a safety mechanism built in).

What about the huawei notebook with the 2500u ?
It's around 600 right now

Great for the price, but I hate the macbook look.