When did Ada Lovelace being the first computer programmer become a history meme? It’s completely preposterous

When did Ada Lovelace being the first computer programmer become a history meme? It’s completely preposterous

Attached: 0ED92653-19CB-4CC2-9E0C-22B1858FD6D0.jpg (2048x2048, 719K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbvaopenmind.com/en/ada-lovelace-original-and-visionary-but-no-programmer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It helps push the current narrative.

As to when it happened, I've no idea.

Me mad because vagina :((((((

Me good programmer because vagina :)

Attached: Klossy.png (1357x1281, 1.6M)

hold on, hear me out: sex robots programmed to act like a good victorian-era wife

Before WWII U.K goverment track down computer history on U.K put Charles and Ada as first computer pionners.

Today feminist prefer some "programmer princess" over Grace Hopper "militar average woman"

Victorians were decadent as hell behind closed doors.

I just get her confused with Linda Lovelace.

So you beat em

who cares half the shit they teach children is untrue

>half the shit they teach children is untrue
Why shouldn't I care about this?

that's why i said sex bot

What's preposterous about it?

I read an article a few days ago which unironically claimed she wrote the "first algorithm". I mean she already gets mentioned in just about every textbook's introductory chapter. Not to mention that they named the "Lovelace" test after her. Why the hell would they name something in thrbfueld of AI after her? She had nothing to so with AI research, the machines she worked on involved finding the roots of polynomials.

I'm so fucking sick of hearing about this bitch.

you will never win at best
and at worst you will ruin your life

Good. Your feelings are irrelevant to the truth.

Well when you're the only woman who only did anything even close to relevant, everyone will praise you to the skies since there's really no-one else.

Ada's algorithm was based off work by an Italian engineer. She merely translated it and converted to work on machine.
Babbage writes a bunch of algorithms years before Ada's, but they were messy so they don't count.
Ada didn't create something new and unique she took an engineers design and wrote the punch cards for it.
>Ada world's first code monkey

What truth user?

SHE WROTE THE FIRST ALGORITHM YOU BIGOTS PAY YOUR RESPECTS

Attached: the-thrilling-adventures-of-lovelace-and-babbage_1_.jpg (564x732, 92K)

they didnt have python back then so theres no way a girl could call herself a programmer

Oh boy, here comes the ackshually brigade. She applied the algorhytm to a mechanical computer.

I guess. It's just interesting watching unemployed/basement dwelling trolls and cretins slavering about the accomplishments of a woman who was smarter than they ever will be.

>Ackshually
But today it seems clear that it was Babbage, not Lovelace, who was the first programmer. The computer historian Doron Swade, a prominent world expert on the work of Babbage, settles the controversy with new data presented at the symposium now taking place at the University of Oxford to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Lovelace, and reveals a sneak preview to OpenMind: “I confirm that the manuscript evidence clearly shows that Babbage wrote ‘programs’ for his Analytical Engine in 1836-7 i.e. 6-7 years before the publication of Lovelace’s article in 1843. There are about 24 of such ‘programs’ and they have the identical features of the Lovelace’s famous ‘program’,” adds Swade. The historian says that the new tests are “unarguable” and that they “do not support, indeed they contradict the claim that Lovelace was the ‘first programmer’.”

bbvaopenmind.com/en/ada-lovelace-original-and-visionary-but-no-programmer/

but muh narrative!

Great. So why didn't he run them like she did? You do know it's possible to write a program with out ever compiling and executing it correct? She was still the first one to run the algorhythm through the machine.

my grandma said she programmed COBOL punch cards and would fix some obvious mistakes. pretty cool to know that I come from a long line of human compilers

Bet Ada couldnt 'Deepthroat' like Linda.

Lol, what machine?

incel he obv cashed them in for pussy

[CITATION NEEDED] There was no general purpose computer to run said program back then.

>She was still the first one to run the algorhythm through the machine.
you should do some research, the analytical engine (the computer in question) was never actually built, it was a concept machine that didn't get enough funding to complete

>SHE WROTE THE FIRST ALGORITHM
this is some chinese whispers level shit

The programs Babbage wrote were the 19th century equivalent to a buggy Hello World. If you consider someone who can do that a programmer then go ahead and give him the credit. Lovelace's program was actually complex and worked perfectly. Yall are just hating because her accomplishments are being used to push a narrative.

>SHE WROTE THE FIRST ALGORITHM
No, Euclid did.

It's the narrative man, this is the world we are living in nowadays. Just laugh at it. They have just a dozen of examples of decent female programmers in the whole history of the field and they will praise them to the sky. Let them, have their toy. I'm just going to do some actual programming and not waste time on getting angry at people pushing a narrative.

Attached: this is me giving a fuck - cat.jpg (600x450, 76K)

Al Gore wrote the first algorithm, that’s where it got it’s name

This

man that guy was a real innovator unlike Steven Jobs.

she didn't run them you fucking moron

The old guy who invented the internet?

>unlike Steven Jobs.
Excuse me? Jobs literally invented the concept of employment. That's why we call them jobs.

is that why i haven't been able to get a job since 2011?

Attached: gracehopper.jpg (640x480, 81K)

who's the semen demon?

john travolta

Attached: noticemeoneechan.jpg (1280x720, 28K)

Fucking brainwashed white knight, literally kys

>compiling
>18XX

Turing is glad that he is dead

because he was not photogenic enough

Attached: 800px-Charles_Babbage_-_1860.jpg (800x1048, 145K)

and this was too rusty

Attached: NAMA_Machine_d'Anticythère_1.jpg (1024x913, 205K)

This is based as fuck

Absolutely amazing. Give this man a billion dollars and a waifu sex bot startup!

Attached: putin wink.jpg (500x738, 35K)

>Euclid
No, it was Al-Khwarizmi

Check out the ages they lived in, my dude. Greeks used algorithms before there was even such a word.

Dumbass, no one minds that she’s smarter than them, what people have a problem with is this bitch getting way too much credit for doing jack shit. Her accomplishments are overblown simply because of her vag. If she was a man no one would know her name. I’m Australian and the Australian of the year award a year or teo was given to some random physicist chick. I was pissed off she was awarded it not because she’s smarter than me, but because she had done nothing. She deserved it about as much as any physics professor at my uni. She got it because she was a woman, and lovelace is known just because she is a woman.

source?

>get given things just for being a woman
It's almost as if nothing really changed.

Biologist chick that invented locusts.

If she's so smart why do they need to invent accomplishments for her?

this.

Attached: 1476865955871.webm (800x896, 2.64M)

when you don't understand what an algorithm is

Attached: retard.jpg (261x323, 22K)

Fucking cringe humor

Nah, they're both pretty OK.

Attached: 1534581002099.jpg (500x500, 50K)

if we applied same standards universally that we use to qualify Ada as the first programmer we would soon discover that first programmers were ancient mathematicians and engineers

Soon
>we wuz programars an shieeet
>then whitey invented C and made things hard

Attached: 1541017016700.png (199x226, 3K)

oh shit, I didn't think of that, maybe it's best that we only lower our standards in this issue only for white women

Wasn't Babbage the first programmer? Since he literally invented the machine

HHHGGGGGNNNNN

Attached: df4f7365251577b33f7962303854726b.jpg (236x413, 18K)

Nah, I'd honestly rather work with groids than Aryan women here.
Buck nigs are in things only for money. They don't really care about being special snowflake centers of attention.

If you give them unit-test-backed requirements, they may "baka", but they will not turn the organization upside down to devalue the whole concept of verifying that things work.
Women absolutely will do that.

Fucking wordfilter, I forgot about it.
/s/baka/*sucks teeth*/

that's true, and it's also one of the reasons you only hear about accomplishments of women in later parts of history (after we caved to giving meaningless praise for work instead of lasting impact) instead throughout history, which is funny since feminists insist that women are equal or even better than men in everything, that would mean that some inventions would have made the lasting impact mark regardless of the gender of the inventor

Oh yeah bro Charles Babbage wanted to sting this bitches honey bunny something awful. So he let her take credit for some stuff he was working on. Feminists will end up making an actual religion around her.

>cd code
I can't still stand how cringy that sounds

"Programming" didn't exist when she was doing her work. However she was designing algorithms, so in a very loose sense she was one of the first programmers.
You don't complain about Turing being the "father of computer science" even though his most important work was all done BEFORE general purpose computers existed.

>However she was designing algorithms
The deal is, she was re-designing algorithms that already existed and were designed by Babbage years before.
Turing invented something new - he set up the mathematical theory of computing that wasn't there. Plus, computer science isn't really about computers more than physics is about particle colliders.

It wasn't like she had some guide she could use to take an algorithm and apply it to a mechanical computer. Sure, she is given more importance than she really had, but trying to paint her as some know nothing who stole work from someone else and didn't do anything on her own is just false.

This comment makes no sense. Turing was alive when the computer came around. Also, von-Neumann invented the general purpose computer architecture we use today.

When Turing initially started working with "universal machines" it was purely as an abstract, mathematical concept. Sure, he lived to see these "universal machines" come to fruition, but a lot of the work that laid the foundations for computer science was done purely through mathematics.

i think babbage was embedding certain aspects of his programs into the design of the analytical engine as mechanical parts

never completed of course

Her work was for a hypothetical analytic engine that was never built and was designed by some guy who also wrote programs for it at the same time as her because they were working together.

I recommened Altick's Victorian People and Ideas. It's technically a literature companion, but as such it's organized very well for easy reference while reading.

Shut up that was friggin epic.

Shut the fuck up, it was funny.

Yikes

Kill yourself, zoomer.

Attached: IQ_dropping.png (666x771, 424K)

Jow Forumswhoosh

Does this website look like reddit, faggot? Take your homosexual little hashtags back to where they belong.

Attached: 1536608512527.jpg (430x637, 51K)

>

Reported for bullying. Enjoy getting banned.

>homosexual
If they truly are homosexual, then they belong here and not on reddit.

That's not even true, reddit is unironically faggoty while Jow Forums hides behind the veneer of ironic traps.

Ooh boy, I'm scared. I'll think twice about posting my mean opinions on r/technology next time.

>veneer
More like wiener LMAO

>reddit is unironically faggoty
It's faggoty, but it isn't gay. It's completely straight.
>Jow Forums hides behind the veneer of ironic traps
The only ironic thing about traps is the whole "traps are not gay to fap to", "feminine penis" thing.

Jow Forums is gay, reddit is faggoty.

I dunno depends on what you mean. Posh cunt that acts like she's above everyone else? Why the fuck would I want a fucking Marry Poppins sexbot. Chav cunt that hasn't taken a bath in forever, has rotting teeth falling out of her mouth, has skin sloughing off from STD's, and smells like rotting fish and literal death? FUCK NO.

Yeah thats why they have completely straight sections like gay, gaybros, lgbt, twoxchromosomes, gaymers, suddenlygay...
Completely straight. I mean you can call people faggots and never get banned there.

That's the general idea, yes.
>sweetheart in public
>mad in the bed

As how it should be.

>few tiny isolated islands of gay on a normal player character website
>compared to a website where all boards except /b/, /tv/, Jow Forums, /mlp/ and /vp/ have regular unironic gay threads where only newshits REEE and everyone else gets along
PROTIP: We call ourselves "oldfags", "newfags", "furfags", "normalfags" etc. for a reason
Calling someone "faggot" is only a niggerish thing when you're straight yourself.