Dead software general

dead software general

Attached: firefox-new-logo-2013-large.jpg (2256x2276, 872K)

Linux
vivaldi
waterfox

HAHAHA
Look he did it again!
He did the thing where he said a popular thing everyone uses is dead!

hahahaha!

I use Firefox strictly for 4channel shitposting.

Attached: 1544390859942.png (933x720, 585K)

>a popular thing everyone uses is dead!
>userbase has fallen yet again to 9% this month
You having a brain stroke my man?

56 is still working fine.
When it starts breaking though, i'm off to something else.

I'm seriously considering to switch to chromium just to take advantage of unveil

Most people use their smart phones for everything, and Chrome obviously works better on a phone.

FF is still superior on desktop and is more aimed at power users.

>FF is still superior on desktop and is more aimed at power users.
Its the Desktop which has fallen into the dumps, you idiot.
And no, FF is a pile of shit post 56, precisely because it lost its addon advantage and its power users. Which is why i'm still on 56 instead of experiencing again the dogshit which is Quantum which pretty much erased and castrated 80% of the reasons I even used FF in the first place.

>addon advantage
the old extension system was unmaintainable and an attack vector, stop wasting time shitposting and go rewrite your extensions now

It feels good to watch Eich get revenge as brave gets better and better while ff keeps getting worse

Firefox works fine on a phone. I use it as the default browser. What is Chrome doing better here?

>unmaintainable
Because the Mozilla programmers are now incompetent.
>attack vector
Nobody used Firefox for security, power users have better ways to implement security without relying on incompetent Mozilla programmers who can't even fix a simple memory leak.
>rewrite your extensions now
Can't be rewritten because of the limitation of the new system, which is why Firefox is now an irrelevant unpopular pile of shit nobody gives a fuck about whose userbase trend is going beneath even Opera.

I use it therefore it is not dead

I'm done with FF. Getting rid of Ctrl+Shift+tab and making it only Ctrl+tab to navigate through tabs was the last straw.

I'm unironically using full on proprietary chrome now. The state of browsers in 2018.

Firefox scrolling is terrible on phones

Attached: 1271140734656.jpg (350x350, 54K)

use quantum, the memory leaking & performance are fixed
>the Mozilla programmers are now incompetent
>Can't be rewritten because of the limitation of the new system
let me repeat: the old system was a broken unmaintainable mess, it shouldn't have even been used to begin with, when the devs actually fix something you call them incompetent, when they don't fix something you call them incompetent, now fuck off before you start doing the inevitable google shilling which we can all see coming from a mile away

>use quantum, the memory leaking & performance are fixed
They aren't, i checked. Pile of buggy unstable shit.
>let me repeat: the old system was a broken unmaintainable mess
Irrelevant excuse made by shitty programmers. An expert programmer would make a system out of scratch with both security and the functionality of the old addon system. Since there's no expert programmers in Mozilla to design such a system, we ended up with a pile of shit where to this day not a single addon was created which has more than 50% of the functionality of past addons on the past system because the new system is coded like a pile of dung.
So Firefox is now losing userbase and there's nothing your dumb ass can do about it. Go be retarded somewhere else because reality won't stop reducing the Firefox userbase just because you are butthurt about it. 56 is the last good Firefox, and Quantum becoming irrelevant now is proof of it. Suck it little bitch.

Attached: 1541225513354.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Are you kidding? Do people actually still use Chrome?

Firefox is the only option if you're competent and care about your privacy, and want a browser that actually has features.

>which we can all see coming from a mile away
By the looks of the Firefox marketshare graphs, you will be the only user on it by next year, so who is this "us"?

>Firefox *was the only option if you're competent and care about your privacy, and want a browser that actually has features.
Fixed that for you mate, don't thank me.

Firefox loses userbase because everyone starts using Chrome on mobile and then winds up sticking with it on desktop. No one but a tiny portion cares about extensions. Browser wars aren't won on performance.

>do people actually use chrome
>do people actually use the browser with 80+% market share
Probably

Good thing Firefox just states a loss on Desktop precisely, because that tiny portion of the entire market who care about extensions were the entire portion of Firefox's desktop userbase which is now gone. Any other retardation you want to fart out of your mouth? Yet again, nobody ever used Firefox for security, but for addons and customization. That's gone and so is the userbase now.

Still is. I'm on Firefox 65 beta and it's perfect. It's faster than Chrome, has all of the power features, it's not a botnet, it doesn't ask me to fucking "sign in", it has built in tracking blockers, and the add-ons are almost back to where they were.
60%, and only because phones. Chrome is meme that anyone who actually knows how to use a computer moved on from years ago.

post your riced Chrome mr. hackerman

Firefox changed to be more like chrome seeing how chrome was more popular, and then people switched to chrome since it was better at being chrome.
Firefox should have stuck to being a power-user browser instead of trying to be a fisher-price surveillance tool pushed by the most powerful thought control company in the world.

Why do you autistic retards get hard ons when software you don’t use isn’t number 1? I don’t use chrome but I’m not going around screeching about it. Fucking sage.

I use 56 niggerman.
>and the add-ons are almost back to where they were.
Lying like a dumbshit ain't bringing back any userbase to Firefox, I wonder why? Oh right, because everyone already tested addons on the Nu-Firefox and they are castrated dogshit with half the functions removed compared to original ones, or are completely missing because they are not capable of functioning on the nu-Firefox, making the only thing relevant about Firefox now irrelevant.

Attached: 1540986284759.jpg (300x318, 12K)

Look mate I dont know where you're getting your facts from, I'm using waterfox for general browsing because I fucking hate Chrome's guts but you have to be seriously delusional to think that nu-ff is anything but absolute ass cancer

Nobody uses computers anymore

>An expert programmer would make a system out of scratch with both security and the functionality of the old addon system
you don't even know how it worked do you? come back when you've actually written multiple extensions, XUL was junk and i'm glad it's gone
>the new system is coded like a pile of dung
it's a literal copy of chrome

fine by me, i wont have to listen to whiny plebs like you and OP anymore complaining about shit you don't understand

>>the new system is coded like a pile of dung
>it's a literal copy of chrome
How did you change anything that was said?
People on 56 literally have better addons than you do. Kill yourself my little man.
>come back when you've actually written multiple extensions
Come back when you've copied the old extensions people still use on 56. Oh right, you can't, because the new system is dogshit and you can't even emulate those addons beyond half their functionality, making the nu-Firefox a regressed pile of shit.

Attached: borat_lebanon0109.jpg (295x340, 38K)

>People on 56 literally have better addons than you do
don't give a fuck, all the extensions i use were ported, and if they weren't i would have ported them myself
>Kill yourself my little man.
acting like an autistic retard and throwing a tantrum at me isn't going to change the fact that you don't even know what the API was or why it was changed

>Lying like a dumbshit ain't bringing back any userbase to Firefox
Claiming that someone is lying when you get proven wrong isn't an argument, dumbshit. Release notes are public information. The add-on API has been significantly expanded in every release since 56, and the current implementation is almost back to pre-Quantrum while still maintaining the advantages of being multi-process and significantly faster. The engineering in current Firefox is actually incredible in that you can't make the thing lag, and I regularly keep hundreds of tabs open which would've long ago crashed any computer running Chrome with less than 100GB of ram.
>because they are not capable of functioning on the nu-Firefox
What the fuck is nu-Firefox? Not only are you apparently a stupid fuck childish incel spouting the latest edgy Jow Forums memes, but you're also unironically using Chrome and selling your privacy out which essentially means you lose your right to ever talk about technology again. By using Chrome you also contribute to giving Google a monopoly over web development, because Firefox is the last browser not using Chrome's rendering engine. Anyone who unironically uses Chrome is honestly retarded and should be IP banned from Jow Forums and technology discussion forums.

Attached: 000000000000000000001.jpg (537x671, 134K)

>don't give a fuck
You don't give a fuck about eating shit? Fine by me.
>i use were ported, and if they weren't i would have ported them myself
You don't use ported addons nor are you capable of porting addons.
The correct terms is "i use castrated addons". Because port implies transferred functionality when that isn't the case.
>acting like an autistic retard and throwing a tantrum at me
Isn't going to change the fact that Quantum is so dogshit there won't be a desktop firefox anymore soon.
>claiming that someone is lying
The decreased userbase stats do the claim themselves as everyone has tested the nu-Firefox and figured out that it has stripped down addons, missing addons which nobody can recreate and not even your dumb ass, and castrated addons. Which is why this dogpile of shit is going into the grave.

All your buttmad idiocy and not a single think changes the fact that the desktop marketshare has already judged the truth, that you are a dumbshit lying worthlessly on a chinese basketweaving board about a crippled browser which nobody wants to use anymore and which is unpopular now, with decreasing userbase and no power users sticking around anymore (they all migrated to forks).
What we are left with is a fedora screaming lies into empty air without effect, because nobody is dumb enough to believe your dumbshit, especially when they have experienced Quantum for the pile of shit it is.

Attached: 1280361951114.png (215x231, 95K)

First of all, you replied to two different people
Second of all, bringing up Jow Forums out of nowhere is a literal strawman
Third of all, if your points stood, firefox wouldnt be dying out
Fourth of all, there are other alternatives to firefox other than chrome, including but not limited to
>watermeme
>furrymeme
>brave
>(ungoogled) chromium
>iridium
>vivaldi
>opera
Fifth of all, firefox makes a retarded amount of syscalls, which believe it or not can be negative
Sixth of all, Mozilla is based on donations, which come from the likes of yahoo and Baidu (and google, prior to 2015), so dont expect it to be some sole champion of privacy or whatever

i'm happy with my browser and extensions (ff 65), keep on being furious and living in denial :^)

don't really care if ff usage is in decline, if it dies completely there are plenty of forks, ungoogled chromium is fine too

Tell me, how do you manage to shill a browser into losing its userbase every time you open your mouth on the Internet? Is there a school for this shit? Since you've been repeating the same bullshit, baldy reasoned and lying bullshit, for the past year, Firefox on desktop just kept losing and losing more people.
It seems to be a talent. I hope the Outreach Program pays you well.

>keep on being furious and living in denial :^)
Why would i be when its a fact you have worse addons than FF56? It's sad that you are happy with eating shit, are you Indian by any chance?

>worse addons
i'll say it again, you can spend time porting them to the new API, or you can spend time shitposting and whining, the choice is yours, but we all know you've already decided and will never change your mind

>The decreased userbase stats do the claim themselves
The decreased userbase isn't a changelog. Are you retarded or just upset that you lost argument? Also, "decreased userbase" doesn't mean anything to begin with, because user percentage works in terms of proportion. You're going to keep slipping around in your own shit like a fool and digging your hole bigger, while defending that the fact you unironically use Chrome causing yourself to shit all over the floor and in your mouth even more, while the power users continue to make intelligent decisions by using a browser like Firefox that isn't an actual botnet, isn't developed by an ad company, respects privacy, has vastly superior add-ons, and is faster. Honestly Firefox 64/65 is the best Firefox has ever been.

I'm going to close this tab now, and you're going to continue using Chrome like the retard that you are. And when you use Chrome to type an asspained reply to this, the only people who will ever actually read it are the Google employees who get a copy of every URL you visit, and every character you type into the address bar.
Firefox isn't dying out. The percentage shifts are largely based around every Android phone shipping with Chrome.
>Fourth of all, there are other alternatives to firefox other than chrome, including but not limited to
With the exception of the Firefox forks, all of those alternatives are shitty Chrome clones. Opera died when they killed their rendering engine (which was fucking amazing) in favor of using Chromes, probably because their best software engineers got poached/retired and they couldn't maintain it anymore.
You're confusing me for someone else.

It's only somewhat good on linux and even then the esr not the mainline version.

>i'll say it again, you can spend time porting them to the new API
They can't be ported since the new API doesn't allow half their functions, which is why nobody has recreated 70% of the FF56 addons and those that are have only half the features. Which is why nu-Firefox is unpopular and nobody gives a shit about it anymore.

>Mozilla's own statistics show desktop userbase has fallen completely
>bawwwwww that ain't true
Cute. Nobody uses nu-Firefox except complete retards. Power users have gone away or are stuck on 56 because it's better than your shit, or rather said more functional. Meanwhile you are stuck on a pile of shit which has inferior addons to 56 and is an inferior experience.
I can't fathom the stupidity of someone so full of shit about Quantum when anyone of any note in the community has deemed it shit and moved on. I guess you are a special brand of stupid.

Attached: 1223924004007.jpg (385x278, 20K)

then add the missing features to the new API

Power user and browser you mean web devs that uses develop for chrome

All three still receive updates.

It is? Never had a problem with it

at some point I think it was shit, as well as the zoom option. But now it's fine

html as a standard is dead in general, now that the only commonly used browser engine is chromes.

I wonder how long will it take for people to realize that Chrome is literally the new Internet Explorer, and make a new browser that becomes a serious competitor by word of mouth alone like Firefox did?

People have already realized this but there will be no competition until Google is forced to stop crippling their sites on non-chrome browsers.