Desktop or Laptop?

Desktop or Laptop?

Attached: 1506278527971.jpg (1155x1625, 452K)

Main purpose?

Both.

/bread

Do you honestly expect genuine answer while asking retarded question?

I wish my tower had a turbo button.

there is no reason to buy a powerful laptop or phone just use the cloud and put a fast wifi chip / modem in them.

there also is no reason for any one who lives in a house to get a ATX computer thou.

even ITX is ecessive these days SOC nuc shit and custom sffpc stuff if you are a ethnusist is the peak path.

just get a laptop with a good battery keyboard and a default or replacable screen. it could have a 300mhz processor in it and still be fine.

Large screen midrange phone and get a girlfriend.

X86 has basically plateaued die shrinks basically are as small as they can go (7-2nm) so everyone will just throw more power (intel) or cores (amd) at the problem
Tbqh the average desktop pc is fine but most laptops are garbage thermal throttling Intel shit

MOBILE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The word megaflops made me kek

Intel will just throw more + in 14nm++++++

Memes aside since Zen landed there's no point in upgrading anymore.
After ddr5 and next gen stuff next year even less so

Zen was a beta version, Zen2 will gain the most IPC improvements and a massive shrink. Even if the claims about the clocks are going to be a lie it will curb stomp everything available right now and be relevant for at least a decade.

Both, at least until they standardize laptops and make them customizable as a PC.

Noice.
Can't wait for a comfy mcm gpu Zen 2 build in 202x after my 2700x and gtx 1080 are too slow for 1080p gayman

Your memes are weak.

Laptop for portability, with extra keyboard, mouse and monitor at home/work for ergonomics.

desktop laptops suck dick

Desktop and a tablet.

you must not have been following laptop trends in the last 10 years

I haven't tho, what's happening?

They are moving in the opposite direction. Everything is made to be replaced within a couple years, RAM is soldered on 90% of modern laptops. Soldered SSDs are becoming more common. It's only a matter of time before they start glueing shit closed like apple so you can't even replace the battery.

Just bought a lapto... notebo... portable beast with a socketed Ryzen, 4 memory SODIMM slots, 2 M.2 slots and a SATA 2.5" HDD.

if you could only get one, choose laptop
otherwise, get both

Excluding gaming laptops of course

>tablet
Cellphone is good enough for me.

To slow it down to a crawl?