>hold things in the camera
>keep saying 'yeah, I remember that...'
>be a fan of games which aren't popular anymore
>have a popular YT channel

How?

Attached: wu.jpg (315x366, 35K)

its family guy formula

It's his voice and production values.
Dunno why Jow Forums hates on him so much.
Ltt is infinitely worse
At least most tech tubers are apolitical so it doesn't date most of their stuff it's one of the few uncuc ked things left on YouTube and even it's been invaded by so ybeards

How does he do it without putting out stuff in tons like LTT? It seems like you see Linus every day, and LGR only once in two months.

He's connected at the hip to a girl who was, when his channel was starting up, one of TGWTG's top ewhores.

So it's only because of her?
And why does she play a role in his life? He seems to be a loner.

He has a lot of boomer tech which is hard to get for lazy boomers. I dont think there is a single zoomer subbed to him. He is definitely hardcore boomercore material, almost as much as 8bitguy. However 8bitguy has a wife and children which scares the neet boomers (he might still drink energy drinks, but lgr actually shows that in the intro).

He follows the same formula as gen 1.0 web/tube videos
>simple to the point with minimal gags and stupid cringe (humor)
He's right up there with techmoan and 8bit guy well made videos not too long or short excellently shot with good audio writing and no bullshit.
I wish more tech channels where like this it seems only the retro themed channels have this on lock down alot of modern themed tech shit sucks.
Some of gamers nexus stuff is good like the news videos and that nightmare pc video as well as the rtx series but for the most part alot of tech shit is just trying to sell you something.
Best part about lgr and the like is that there's no slant it's not trying to sell you anything except maybe nostalgia

I only like the thrift series. The rest of his videos are boring as hell, i don’t care about the history of some fucking shitty camera from the 90’s.

Maybe that's just his persona?
8bit boomer is based the only part of his channel that scares me as a virgin neet boomer is his baldness and meek deminor
Techmoan is the best though it's like listening to budget James may waft on about tech it's great
Tried to watch one of his rental review Vids with mackauly culkin after the other Vids he did with him and rlm and I just couldn't make it past the intro
>terrible audio lack of structure people talking over each other

>Ltt is infinitely worse
They're only broadly related

Did you not grow up in the 90s? I did yet didn't have access to any of this tech until well into the 00s because me and my family where very poor so it's interesting to see what was possible for the average tech savvie consumer at the time
That's true.
Having said that the hate Clint gets on here isn't fair.
He's more like digital foundry retro with more of a hardware slant

Why has LGR 1 million subscribers, although he caters to a niche?

That niche is becoming pretty big especially with young people I think. Can any zoomers here confirm if they watch lgr?

Most nerds like me can't be fucked purchasing and storing glorified ewaste (as almost anything of worth can and has been remade or emulated or still perfectly doable with tech today) instead watching his videos to live vicariously through thrm as to see the older tech through child's eyes he even admits this as almost all of the tech he dicks around with is old 90s shit.
No way most people would waste money and time on this like he has and I've even had several retro builds I've chucked because it's just easier and quicker to use more modern gear.
27 here definitely not a zoomie but they don't seem interested in (old) tech at all most of them where raised with smart phones and are barely nostalgic for windows vista or early Android.

Why aren't they nostalgic for old tech?

He's probably my favourite youtuber right now. Jow Forums only hates him because it's cool to hate something (everything) here.
>inb4 edgy fags being edgy

Attached: Screenshot_20181215232153.jpg (677x678, 180K)

Only sims reviewer worth a damn I know of. Every other is a woman who plays only sims and overwatch, bankrolled by EA

He shows shit most people don't know, and in many times interesting shit.

He generally is a good jumping off channel for discovering old tech, I really got into audio tech as a result of his video on some roland midi sequencer. If anything else it's comfy light entertainment.

based you motherfuckers

I don't dislike him, but he has it very easy.

man i wish i had an MT32

I bought a sound blaster audigy II after his one video for my old XP machine. Was like 20 bucks. Fucking sounds great.

Technology Connections f a m

>it's like listening to budget James may waft on about tech
kek

Attached: 1540529801780.jpg (1077x800, 410K)

No idea. But if I was to have a guess at it I'd say it's because they simply don't care. Touch screens and baby Unix with slick uis is all they can handle because it's quick and easy.

Recently I got interested in 70-80s tech just because of how fast it iterated compared to late 00s to now where it has completely stagnated and actually dying (x86 in general especially hobbyists gaming stuff but if it takes out rgbled and gsymur crap again that ain't so bad) as well as distant horizon tech like vr that gets dragged out every 5-10 years and flops like clockwork every time.

I mean ffs we have been stuck in the same place tech wise for over a decade I'm bored with current tech and would rather look back to when it was more interesting since the future looks so dim
>no more moores law tech progress ground to a halt
>die shrinks basically maxxed out until we start putting shit in a literal sub nm level which will be impractical/impossible for decades
>centralisation and cartels killing innovation once amd and arm run everything its game over Intel have already conceded defeat and (they) will be the new monopoly
Tbqh I'd rather take a break once in a while.
Retro stuff is always interesting people thought about things differently before social media herded everyone into gigagroupthink so it's neat to see how shit was done on a more individualised level
I have a 2zs sitting on the shelf I never use.
Shame I haven't touched analogue in years
>that kino video on elevator sounds
I didn't even know breh every single one of his videos is gold especially the CRT CD vhs and oddball shit
Honestly the only part of YouTube I still enjoy is niche stuff like that

Did you watch his latest dashcam review? Literally single handed to gear tier bants
Probably the most
comfy video he's done

I marathoned TC's laserdisc series it's great

No I'll watch it tonight thanks

>not watching the superior vhs and CD series
M8
Lowkey his awkward camera reviews are the best part of his channel especially the home security one where he stands in the background looking creepy is fucking funny he has a goat tier sense of humour
>those fucking autistic Bluetooth speaker reviews where he walks through his tiny house complaining they cut out
Lowkey the best channel on youtube

LGR attracts hipsters and funko pop fans. 8 bit boomer, techmoan and technology connections is where it's at.

And how does he attract hipsters compared to the other guys?

He's likeable and actually knowledgeable and his voice isn't ear-grating like that linus guy.

But Linus can show you the new iMac Pro Air MacBook and afford to criticize it.

I'm 21, but I'm heavily into old computing hardware. LGR and 8 bit guy's stuff are really interesting to watch, since I'm studying computer engineering.

I wish I could study computer engineering, but I'm not qualified to visit a university.

There are lots of universities that aren't huge wastes of money, or impossibly picky. As shitty as Florida is, it has some good ones

he's just a boomer with a smooth voice, that's all it takes.

No, in my country you have to have a special school degree to enter a university.

Move lol

Attached: 1533539354751.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

Aaahhgg nintendo swtch xddd.d

You even have to have learned two foreign languages, so you know three languages in total.

In America you can get into pretty much any university through transferring from a school that takes anyone

Another thing too is that a lot of boomers grew up seeing this technology released but never had the funds to buy one (or their parents wouldn't allow them). I do appreciate revisiting tech that I couldn't afford back then, and a lot of times am relieved that I didn't buy them in the first place.

>wanted a Hot Wheels PC so badly as a kid
>never got one
>two decades later
>see LGR's video of the two Mattel-branded computers
>they're the biggest pieces of crap even by late-90s standards

In 2050 he does a review of this one.

Never heard of him, sounds boring.

Well, the thing is that we have three types of high school degrees.

Germ?

>techmoan and 8bit guy
>well made videos not too long or short excellently shot with good audio writing and no bullshit

Attached: ea9e130fd86e9e23394611f337bceea4--sad-anime-girl-manga-girl.jpg (700x988, 75K)

Yes.

yeah your cunts school system seems inflexible I don't know why it gets so much praise

Just turned 18, I've been watching him for a couple of years now

comfy vids but dude is obviously depressed as shit, he put up a short blog couple of months ago where he said he was gonna take a break and there was inherent sadness in his eyes

What things bring you to Jow Forums, zoomeranon?

You are forgetting about all the research he does, also his editing and narration skills are very good. I learned a lot about old tech watching his channel.

Tech con is an insufferable faggot. I can't stand his narration.

19 year old zoomer here, I subscribed to LGR and The 8 Bit Boomer when I was 15 year old, in that age I started to get more intersted on technology and stopped caring about Apple Macs.

Lgr fag here I hate hipsters and funko faggots just because they latched onto retro nerd shit and made it cool doesn't mean we are all like that.
He doesn't seek out to attract hipsters
He should voice duke nukem stuff his impersonation is dead on.
S o y boys don't like duke nukem he's too problematic racist sexist masculine etc so I don't know why Jow Forumsay fags here project Clint is some sort of closet gay hipster dicksucking orbiter
Absolutely this.
To this day I still emulate consoles and even had game boy and ps1 emulators back in the late 90s (bleem!) because I was too poor and all my family could afford was one pc.
Clint obviously grew up the same way and I was just as fascinated with old tech when I was a tween teen playing around with pre 90s tech
What not enough current era politics and cringe skits/memes to keep you attention? Go back to your instagram feed or whatever you tourists cum from
Once you get over his incredibly gay annoying voice and dandy demenior he's quite knowledgeable and had a unique more in depth way of looking at shit.
His earlier videos are pretty amature but his latest stuff improves alot plus he has a wife

Don't know if he watches LGR but Green Ham Gaming is a zoomer who does comfy boomer tech videos.

One of the channels i like to have on in the background when playing factorio

>Lemmings
>not popular anymore
Everyone laugh at this faggot.

Duke Nukem is a ironic over the top action hero cliche, only pol tier retards takes it seriously and feel the need to defend him from strawmen

>animeposter
>spouts worthless opinion

Attached: 43B8CA0A342A45818B55EA055356C6BC.jpg (433x427, 86K)

What are his best videos?

Its not the early 90s anymore nobody knows it
>anyone taking duke nukem seriously ever
I see the irony is lost on this s o y boy zoomer here

I love Clint's videos, it's mostly the good structure and his voice. Plus I have a soft spot for obsolete technology.

t.22 year old zoomer

>Its not the early 90s anymore nobody knows it
Every normie who plays flash games knows it you idiot, and that's all normies.

The ones where he shits on disappointing shit.
His usual chipper demeanour slightly annoys me because I can't get excited for alot of stuff I used to and he still does.
I think that's the crux of the issue and why Jow Forums hates on him then uses nebulous thinking like oh he draws in hipsters or some such shit when they are just projecting

Nobody plays flash games anymore and they haven't been popular in over half a decade.
Most if not all zoomies-alpha+ grew up with them sure but most kids now grew up with phablets/ps4/pre built lappy/pc

>Nobody plays flash games anymore and they haven't been popular in over half a decade.
You dumb retard, when my niece's entire school plays flash games then you can bet your ass it's still relevant all over, especially considering stats on flash game sites are larger than ever in the past. Get the fuck out with your cope you ignoramus.

Attached: 1224623234646.png (247x248, 111K)

Make like a good little lemming and drop off a cliff/self destruct
T. Player who murdered lemmings

Make like a good little trap slut and lick around my anus while i play Lemmings.

Tech tales.

Based community college to university transfer. My cousin just worked on his car all four years of high school, no college would take him. Did two years at community college then transferred to Georgia tech for MechE. Don’t make the same mistake as me.

Funposting in-between whatever and you learn sometimes.

Nostalgia.

What is that mistake?

sound an awful lot like a zoomer

boomers who are nostalgia fagging + zoomers who are intrigued by tech of the past can basically cater to most without trying

Attached: 1476527428855.jpg (1280x1843, 247K)

Same reason why Steve1989 is almost at 1 million.

Attached: 1544143945330.jpg (240x280, 18K)

Adobe flash is getting axed in 2020 so eh

Why are you all so surprised at how many subs these "niches" got? you do realize population increases right?

they may stay a niche, but the amount of people watching them doesn't stay the same

Attached: 1498778362194.jpg (290x324, 23K)

Even worse I think that's an anime version of a Harry Potter character
hahahahahahahaah what a fucking faggot

I love LGR, the whole channel is just comfy to the extreme. He's like AVGN but he's actually entertaining.

You don't have to upload daily to have a following. He's been consistently putting out content since 2008 and been improving since then. I don't see why this is a big mystery.