Where are my VCR Bros at?

Where are my VCR Bros at?

Attached: IMG_1448.jpg (1080x1920, 570K)

Retirement homes need to start blocking Jow Forums

>small ass CRT with huge ass scan lines and probably tonnes of lag
Genuinely don't miss 2000s CRTs at all

mmhmm that 4 head "clear" pause frame

CRTs are the only way to classic game.

no newfangled laggy ass rectangles round here.

4head or go home

worst video related technology that ever existed

VCD

Just the fact it's digital and doesn't garbage all the image makes it infinitely better than VCR.

VHS tapes have theoretically infinite resolution. Many audiophiles still collect concert VHS tapes because of the sound quality.

Pure autism

>audiophiles do stupid shit
who would have thought

At the absolute best, they're limited by the iron grains.

Brainlet

Attached: 1542216326146.png (657x527, 19K)

no u

Why would they prefer a VHS to CD, LP, or Laser Disk? as far as I'm aware it has less dynamic range and signal to noise than all of those mediums, only beating cassette I think.

It's not the 90s

>Where are my VCR Bros at?
Dead like the SpongeBob creator

Audio wise HiFi VHS it's superior to LPs, standard LaserDisk, cassettes (with the exception of high end Nakamichis and Dolby S)
It's unironically competitive with CDs

THis guy knows

vhs makes those older shows look so much better compared to today's technology. it's like it adds to the art style somehow. the color bleed, washed-out look benefited spongebob's underwater atmosphere which makes sense given the real-life counterpart to that environment, which is very hazy and blurry. another show that benefited from vhs was Thomas. it made all the props look more realistic because it hid some details giving the illusion they were realer then they really were. pic related

Attached: thomas vhs.jpg (645x480, 155K)

>FM sound with head chatter is superior to FM sound with no head chatter (LaserDisc analog sound)
That's just plain wrong.
The fidelity on VHS Hi-Fi might be very good, but the noise floor is ridiculously high. To the point where Dolby Pro Logic decoders had to implement a low pass filter to avoid the loud head chatter noise from coming through on the rear channels.

VHS =/= Film idiot

Inb4
>Audio resolution
I know your works.

People are idiots for enjoying the "aesthetics", the "feeling", " the whatever fucking adjective "of VHS?

Get out of here, melee drone. Ultimate is your death knell.

What's the point of collecting VHS tapes?
CRTs have a clear advantages over modern panels but I fail to see how a low quality cropped for 4:3 tape has any advantage over modern formats.

Attached: 1523740704852.jpg (992x709, 168K)

nostalgia purposes I think, or just to collect/watch.

sup

Attached: 20181223_113253.jpg (1636x920, 665K)

Move aside VHSfags
Best tape format coming through

Attached: AlphaMax.jpg (4592x3056, 2.94M)

hahah you found me

add twitch speedrunning autism to the list ....i was in a salt vod

>best tape format
it's Beta user :^)

They're tons of fun to circuit bend. Some people spend thoasands of dollars on video synthesizer gear and I get the same effects with $5 thrift store garbage.

Attached: vbnd.jpg (1600x1200, 527K)

Attached: input.webm (1080x720, 2.56M)

Not sure if stupid or replying to the wrong post.

Person I replied to said VHS had infinite resolution.

that's cool as fuck

Jow Forums bitrate doesn't really do it justice though

Still waiting on finding a similar stand for mine so I can create my own little retro station with my VCR and some older consoles.
Hoping I can also get a pair of bookshelf speakers to pair with my receiver to complete the whole deal

I've only circuit bent audio devices like toy keyboards, never thought to try it on a VCR

Ultimate doesn't hold a candle to melee.

tfw can't get stuff for circuit bending, because I don't want to spend money (shit can be expensive in this shit hole where I live), and toy keyboard my niece got (and doesn't use) is protected from me by my mother xD

>hurr I don't know how shit works I just hate technology that already has modern alternatives and suits me better
>durr resolution == better
I enjoy old technology, even if just for how different it is from modern standards. Hating on people who enjoy it is like demanding all ancient/medieval ruins to be demolished and only teach children the last 20 years of history.
Literally worse than 1984.

Oh wait. I forgot Jow Forums is an Applefag board now.

Attached: when-you-unplug-your-grandfathers-life-support-to-charge-your-30681798.png (500x448, 111K)

It's shit, get over it.

Attached: tracking.png (295x171, 84K)

I fucking hate "circuit benders"
The literal equivalent of vapers when it comes to analog technology.
>Hurr durr I bent this thing so much yeah I stuck fifty textbook 555 timer circuits on every signal I found and also potentiometers look/listen at how glitchy this piece of technology I destroyed is now, it's like cyberpunk man

>big
>loud
>terrible quality
I'm glad it's gone.

They are nothing but kids plugging random shit everywhere.

>hurr I don't know how shit works I just hate technology that already has modern alternatives and suits me better
>durr resolution == better
I enjoy old technology, even if just for how different it is from modern standards. Hating on people who enjoy it is like demanding all ancient/medieval ruins to be demolished and only teach children the last 20 years of history.
Literally worse than 1984.

Oh wait. I forgot Jow Forums is an Applefag board now.

It's shit, get over it.

Do saints always get refbapl this blatantly?

>sounds smart then says a compressed digital medium is comparable to analogue tape.

Yup you sound like audio expert

CDs aren't compressed brainlet

>LaserDisk

Beta is quite good, more than vhs

Stupid

Can yoy do 60fps with a vhs tape?

It's like the Cultural Revolution on a board of unironic Chinese apologists.

>VHS tapes have theoretically infinite resolution
What is bandwidth?
What is the Shannon-Hartley theorem?
Even if the tape itself was perfect (it isn't) and the ferric particles were infinitesimal in size (they aren't) and there was zero magnetic interference in the environment (there is), and the tape head had infinite pickup bandwidth (not even close) and the whole system was at absolute zero so thermal noise was irrelevant (it is), you're taking that perfect and pure analog signal with ZERO noise or attenuation and dumping it across some fucking RCA cables to a shitty tube TV or an HDMI ADC with limited digital resolution.
You're wrong, so wrong. It's painful to believe another human is this ignorant.

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

more b8

>falling for the juul meme