Why does every internet celeb programmer and programmers in general look like a fucking horrible mutt or have mental...

Why does every internet celeb programmer and programmers in general look like a fucking horrible mutt or have mental problems.

Terry Davis looked like a freak and was one, Xephon who is making "Yandere Dev" looks like a freak and is one, why is there never a swole chad who is also a programmer?

Attached: 5f0.jpg (789x410, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dlrjDvS7wxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Programmers are nerds usually
Whoa...

what about this guy

Attached: IMG_20150913_180440.jpg (670x447, 50K)

People who are ugly and weird tend to be socially scorned while growing up, which negatively affects their mental health. Those same people who are rejected by society and aren't mentally healthy tend to escape to computers and technology.
People who are sociable and sane don't bother exploring options for escapism, and tend to get into more conventional fields.

Because usually there's a correlation between attractiveness and (lack of) intelligence.

you seem more unhinged than either person you mentioned. go fuck yourself, talentless faggot.

very true, but people refuse to belive this.

>ask a simple question that isn't that weird
>I seem more unhinged
Okay, retard

Terry Davis was literally mentally challenged and Xephon is just an edgy /v/ user that got lucky. They are not celeb programmers, rather Jow Forums cebels.
They have mental problems because they came from here, not because they program.

"mentally challenged" was a 90s buzzword that meant "retarded". Terry was not retarded, he was crazy. Do you actually know what you are talking about? Looks like that's a No.

It's just a normie that thinks anything that's not like him is somehow literally "retarded".

Terry Davis had been MKUltra'd and was being trolled endlessly by /cow

I'm ESL.
I thought "retarded" might mean just stupid but without actual disability.

If you were a chad you wouldn't be into programming, you'd get into finance or at least one of the other hard sciences.

Do you look weird/ugly? Do you act differently? Do you not act like an NPC like other people do? Then people will label you as retarded, even if you're not. And like NPC's, they'll double down on it, so if you go out of your way to prove you are in fact not retarded (like when I was in HS I made sure to get into all the honors and AP courses) they'll just get angry and come up with excuses while still refusing to acknowledge that maybe they're the ones actually acting all retarded. Fuck I hate people.

He looks like the kind of guy that would unironically be named Chad.

/thread

There are actual Chad programmers, though. Most of them tend to be very bad at programming, though, so they just coast on their looks all the way to upper management.

I've already accepted I'm different and stopped trying to prove otherwise in middle school.
Just do your thing and prove yourself by what you accomplish and respect will come to you. There are people who appreciate eccentricism but only when they pursue it out of curiosity, not when you push it onto others.

His actual name is Chad

>"What are your plans for this weekend user?"

retarded was a medicaal term until pc fags got it changed such is the cycle of pc censorship.

I studied geology and that discipline is chockablock with chads and stacies. Biology too. Chemistry is where it starts to get weird.

It's pretty fucking weird. Why would you care about somebody's appearance you weird, zoomer faggot?

Because they know how to assert themselves and you remain a timid, passive loser.

Because a Chad would care what you thought

No one has ever asked me that. Ever.

Attached: 220px-BrianJFox.png (220x294, 94K)

>Those same people who are rejected by society and aren't mentally healthy tend to escape to computers and technology.
Right. It's not like sociable techies don't exist.

Have you ever left your basement?

>the outcasts who hide away reading programming books are ugly and weird!!

no shit. theres attractive programmers but theyre in it for the money and move into management asap.

all these bootcamp dorks are going to be marketing and sales people in 2 years when the recession wipes out their "frontend" "careers".

Attached: neutrsl.png (645x773, 11K)

OP, the guys you're describing can be found in corporate software departments but they aren't plastering their faces all over the Internet with themselves in front of a terminal. Terry and Xephon both had basically no other way to support themselves except by fishing for donations online; in Terry's case it was because he was too batshit insane to hold down a regular programming job even though he clearly had the knowledge, and for Xephon it's because he's incompetent and because actually releasing his game would cause the Patreon gravy train (currently his only source of income) to come screeching to a halt

Zack Snyder developed Cuphead?
BASED

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Programmer is a job. Anyone who is attractive doesn't have to do a real job. Do you really think a desk clerk deserve $15/h and a programmer $20? How about HR staff making $20 vs a welder making $20?

>m-muh trades
People who make a lot of money at trades worked since 18 or had their parents raise them through the union. 95% of the people you see in trades are being paid jack shit. Actually are being paid garbage wages. They have no power.

did you read what he wrote?

Yeah. Programmers constitute of ugly and weird societal rejects with mental problems who've escaped to computers and tech.

"tend to be"?
Its not like he is saying all of them are like that

>Its not like he is saying all of them are like that
Are you functionally illiterate? According to him, programmers are a subset of all ugly and weird people with mental problems. That
>tend to be
was about ugly and weird people's relationship to programmers, not vice versa.

Former sniper Olympic weightlifting pussy slaying chad here that’s starting comsci this semester ama

Richard Feynman was a well adjusted, smart turbonerd and also good with women.

Try another excuse

But best dev is handsome af.

Attached: Phil Fish.jpg (1679x941, 228K)

aye my bad man, sorry. Not a native speaker

No problem, it happens sometimes.

>suck on my dick
>choke on it

Attached: cx.png (390x470, 6K)

>Yandere Dev
someone had to post it

youtube.com/watch?v=dlrjDvS7wxo

Don't apologize. You read my post correctly. is the one who's illiterate.

The code is obviously Pajeet tier, but the compiler fixes 99% of that shit up anyway. The poor performance has nothing to do with those endless if...else clauses.

>MUH COMPILER WILL FIX EVERYTHING XD
Jesus christ and hell on earth zoomer programmers will be the death of software.

No it won't you idiot.
It can vectorize your loops and pack bools closely and skip checks, but it won't solve good awful architecture. Compiler won't optimize useless shit you do in onUpdate() every single time.

WOAHHH HOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

there are plenty of chads and average people who work in software dev. just look at most (non-meme) companies that either develop software as a product or develop software as part of a product. they're just not so autistic that they have to make programming a lifestyle and seek approval on the internet

All you see in the vid is flashes of a few methods with a gazillion if-else loops. If you're saying you've seen that software's architecture based on that video, you're talking out of your ass.

I understand you want cheap laughs because that's the extent of your understanding on the subject, but that doesn't make your argument any more valid.

The architecture of that piece of software is probably dogshit, but we didn't see that on the video, so the
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
was premature to say the least.

There is scroll over one of his onUpdate methods in 0:35.

Checked and checked. I retract my previous statement.
>this.*
covers fukken everything.

Jesus.

Because the time you spend at the gym you can spend learning.

Swole chads have the interpersonal skills necessary to get actual jobs instead of being "internet celeb" programmers.

Based and redpilled.

No, it doesn't. Compilers are fragile in their choices for optimisation.

Smarter people have far higher rates of mental illness, the most common probably being on the autism spectrum and autistics have shown to make for better programmers.

Compilers only make optimizations that they can statically prove are safe and they tend to handle unfamiliar patterns quite poorly, the compiler has to be able to tell through static analysis that all of those if/else clauses are mutually exclusive and none of them change state in a way that would impact the outcome of the rest in order for it to optimize that; not saying it's impossible or even remotely difficult, but it's not sane to just bet on the compiler taking abysmal code like that and making good object code from it when you could have just written something that's not complete shit in the first place