AMDhousefire BTFO

Attached: 1539777845511.png (739x363, 305K)

AMDFAGS BTFO'D ONCE AGAIN

AYYMD
NOVIDIOTS
INCELS
BTFO

Attached: 030518_EC_google-quantum-computer_main.jpg (860x460, 39K)

I really hate paying nvidias prices.

faster than a 1080? not bad, I wonder if they cut out the RTX cores to save power.

You're paying for the bleeding edge of GPUs.

It's unlikely they'll cut it, otherwise it wouldn't be RTX. And Nvidia doesn't make new dies for mobile anymore, it's just highly binned desktop chips configured lower on the voltage curve.

No. I'm paying for their monopoly. Don't ever respond to me with unadulterated garbage ever again.

AMD beats the fuck out of Nvidia at open source support and generally doesn't need drivers put of the box for most distros.

but what about your wife's son?

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

My wife's daughter is blacked like her mom

Who the hell give a fuck Jesus Christ?...

Attached: 1521668991744.gif (480x270, 2.03M)

Developers that aren't owned by a company

>Leak uses Final Fantasy XV scores which is DX11-era and heavily-biased towards Nvidia shit

You got to use better bait m8

then dont pay them cuck

A vega 56 can pull off the same performance as a 2070 in some games so I have to call bullshit.

Not only that but a 2070 in a laptop isn't gonna perform the same as a 2070 in a desktop
iirc for the 1080 that was about 10-20% slower in a laptop on GPU limited things depending on the laptop in question, and that was prior to thermal / power throttling.

i shouldnt have to pay double for their flagship card compared to their last generation of cards

Do those drivers increase GPU power?

Yeah, actually. I think it was just last month that the people who work on amdgpu drivers got primitive discard to work. Fine wine technology works fine without them, but even better with open source.

Yes. Just compare radeon with amdgpu.

Can't say for the 1080 but my laptop 1070 got 3dmark scores about 3-4 percent lower than desktop varients, probably the 7700u cpu holding it back. Those numbers sound right for the max-q versions

>1070 level performance meme lives on

Attached: 1543467629092.gif (312x252, 110K)

>Fine wine technology
That's not a good thing, never was. What it actually means is that driver support you should have had at launch arrives when you've had the card 3 years and it's time to replace it.

It wasn't a good thing that it took almost a year from the time I got my RX 470 to the time basics like HDMI audio got working. And I didn't buy the card at launch because I'm fully aware that it takes quite a while before both the kernel and MESA get decent support.

The only reason I buy AMD at all is that the other choices is to either use a NVidia binary blob which only works with some kernel and Xorg versions or use Intel iGPU graphics. Intel's drivers are rock solid compared to AMDs but it's not exactly powerful hardware.

RTX 2070 is only stronger than a Vega 64 in some games, and somehow I'm supposed to believe that the laptop version is outright stronger, no matter what? Vega has some issues, but doubt.jpg.

You should pay for what they offer RIGHT NOW, retard. Fine wine is a good thing.

Fine wine refers to the performance improvement brought by refining the drivers over time. I too have a problem on Linux with my Vega, but fine wine has nothing to do with this. Intel's drivers have more users, so they are likely to mature faster. I do agree that both AMD and Nvidia need to step up on the open source and libre side.

>Fine wine refers to the performance improvement brought by refining the drivers
Of course it does. My point is simply that these improvements could and should have been there at launch or perhaps a month or two after launch. Instead we get to wait a year from product release before basics like HDMI audio works. Hooking your machine up to a TV and getting no audio is a pretty big deal.

Your "problem" with Vega illustrates what I'm saying. I do notice what other bug reports are open when I search for issues with my own RX470, which still isn't flawless, and there's just too may open bugs for me to even consider buying a Vega card. It's not like Vega cards were launched yesterday, they've been around quite some time.

Hard to say how this compares to NVidia since there's no public bug trackers for their binary blobs.

I do agree that the performance should be present at launch. I doubt that the present conditions allow for that, however. It's the best we've got as well- people do not ask for better because they don't know better.

The problem I was talking about is minor - the memory clocks stay in their max power state. This randomly happens for me in Windows, too, but in Windows they get stuck at any one state. Fine wine is great compared to the competition: You buy AMD and you will at least get what the benchmarks say, plus some extra performance over time. With Nvidia, the only optimizations are for specific games that run like shit, but the consensus is that performance goes down over years of driver updates.

Before this Vega, I've had a GTX 780 and it wes painful to use in both operating systems. Both power states liked to bug out. HDMI audio got screechy. Drivers could not be installed if more than one monitor was plugged in. This is before I even mention Nvidia driver telemetry and their latter versions Geforce experience requiring a facebook account. If the proprietary drivers weren't an easy install via distro repos, I probably would've had to stay on Windows. Going to an AMD card, I have the best drivers when the distro installs, and it gives me an almost perfect experience out of the box. The Nvidia card perished just after the warranty expired. When it died, I switched back to my old 5870 I've had before, and if it had more VRAM I wouldn't have needed the Vega at all, really.