Apple iOS 12.1.2 Update Causes Data Loss Across the Globe

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/12/22/apple-ios-12-1-2-problem-iphone-xs-max-xr-mobile-data-cellular-4g-cannot-load-internet/

>After a promising start, iOS 12.1.2 is going from bad to worse for iPhone owners and Apple ’s legally motivated rush to push out the update needs further discussion as it is now having very serious consequences for many users…
>As more and more iPhone owners blindly upgrade to iOS 12.1.2 reports are now flooding in from around the world that it cuts off mobile data services. As such, Apple’s claims that it “Addresses an issue that could affect cellular connectivity in Turkey for iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max” seem ironic given the problem has now expanded to all models of iPhone across all continents.
>Tracking complaints on Twitter alone, iPhone owners now suffering from mobile data loss after upgrading to iOS 12.1.2 can be found in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. But the United States appears to be hit particularly hard.

Attached: applel.png (302x302, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/12/22/apple-ios-12-1-2-problem-iphone-xs-max-xr-mobile-data-cellular-4g-cannot-load-internet/
cnet.com/news/wikileaks-cia-hacking-tools-phones-apple-samsung-microsoft-google/
collective-evolution.com/2017/03/23/new-wikileaks-vault-7-release-proves-the-cia-bugs-factory-fresh-iphones-other-devices/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/07/14/vault-7-new-wikileaks-dump-details-android-sms-snooping-malware/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: satania_laughing.gif (498x278, 1.06M)

Based

Based

ITODDLERS

CONSTANTLY

CONTINUALLY

UNCEASINGLY

UNREPEALABLY

UNREMITTINGLY

PERPETUALLY

PERSISTENTLY

PERMANENTLY

INVARIABLY

INCESSANTLY

IRREVOCABLY

INTERMINABLY

INDELIBLY

INDEFINITELY

EVERLASTINGLY

ENDLESSLY

ETERNALLY

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

UNTIL THE END OF TIME

Attached: 1542188673354.jpg (690x720, 77K)

BASED

kek

based and fangpilled

Attached: 1539944089909.jpg (394x589, 47K)

What kind of phone do you use?

All you need to do is enable cellular data in settings after the update. Boomers gonna boom.

pixel running CopperheadOS

Based Satania posters

based cartoon faggot

Attached: 1541328986896.jpg (533x539, 46K)

I'm OOTL, can any of you fags can explain this meme for me?

Based

Attached: 1545255700809.jpg (650x576, 60K)

based

>his OS is getting BTFOd

Attached: 1544927320096.gif (244x248, 114K)

OnePlus 3T running LineageOS + microG

Based and redpilled

wow this has been a very bad quarter for apple

>bad quarter
1/4? - its near a third now.
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA
>pinkwojack_turned_over_barbecue_spit_with_apple_in_mouth.webm.exe

Attached: THE_PIT_OF_ETERNAL_DOOM_AWAITS.jpg (1024x802, 114K)

Imagine being so retarded, that you think Google would design a piece of hardware they can't back door if you just change some software around. Imagine lying to yourself and thinking a company that large, and that rich, would leave a hole in their own design without first planning for it.
Your stupid google phone isn't more secure than any other phone. Google designed it, think about that. You're not superior cause you changed versions of GOOGLE's OS. Google made the phone and the OS you're using. Despite what some nerd told you when distributing their fork.
You fags are just tribalist tools. Keep fighting for your corporate tribe.

Imagine being this mad when no one said anything ITT about privacy concerns.

G5 Plus, AOSPExtended, microg, magisk for root, adaway for adblocking and afwall+ for blocking network connectivity of any app that doesn't require it.

>Imagine being so retarded, that you think Google would design a piece of hardware they can't back door if you just change some software around. Imagine lying to yourself and thinking a company that large, and that rich, would leave a hole in their own design without first planning for it.
Cool. So, where are the hardware reverse engineering reports then?
>Your stupid google phone isn't more secure than any other phone
Yeah, and your iOS would never transmit data to Apple, right?
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
>Google designed it, think about that. You're not superior cause you changed versions of GOOGLE's OS. Google made the phone and the OS you're using. Despite what some nerd told you when distributing their fork.
Yeah great, that OS Google designed is open source and your iOS is still proprietary with no custom ROMs or microG equivalents. Not to mention that jailbreaking isn't even a thing. Good thing you've defended this blunder though.

And AppOpsX for blocking permissions on apps that I deem unnecessary.

>You use basic deduction therefore you are dumb and I am smrt
Do you understand we are on the internet? I'm able to google this charlatan software and make basic deductions based on the information available to me. Something people who were on the internet from the get go used to do. Before everyone started just taking word of mouth.

>CopperheadOS is a source-available operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It adds privacy and security features to the official releases of the Android Open Source Project by Google,[2][3][4] with the goal of upstreaming these back into Android, Linux and OpenBSD.[5]
>privacy and security
The actual state
>pixel running CopperheadOS

A new Trust interface was introduced for LineageOS 15.1 for all the builds released Wed 12 June 2018.[33] The interface can be found on supported devices under Security and Privacy tab under the Settings option, and enables the user to "get an overview of the status of core security features and explanations on how to act to make sure the device is secure and the data is private".

Additionally, while carrying out any action on the device the trust icon is displayed, to notify the user that action is safe.
>OnePlus 3T running LineageOS + microG

Intentional doublespacing rules the skye

>be in 2013 + 5eyes
>believing phones are secure
>being mad people research online

Attached: Anonymous No.69044219.png (190x266, 4K)

So you have access to your phone at a device build level to analyze ever circuit? You've read the firmware? You're 100% certain that at an end user access level and because you've read online "reports" you are 100% in control of a google device? Do you understand they track you beyond just the hardware? You're no safer than Joe IOS latest version in 2018 thanks to big data, homo.
I don't use cell phones. I'm deaf.

why is Jow Forums convinced android is secure?

Still waiting for anything other than:
>Sources: Dude trust me

Why are you not talking about this?

How about wikileaks? How's that for a source? How about the CIA? Will that work for you?
>Thinking cellular privacy can be handled at a micro or macro level via software in the current year
Why is Jow Forums so oblivious to the idea of data privacy no longer existing, but being willing to engage rah rah corporate team npc groupthink tribalism?
cnet.com/news/wikileaks-cia-hacking-tools-phones-apple-samsung-microsoft-google/
collective-evolution.com/2017/03/23/new-wikileaks-vault-7-release-proves-the-cia-bugs-factory-fresh-iphones-other-devices/
nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/07/14/vault-7-new-wikileaks-dump-details-android-sms-snooping-malware/
INB4 you point out that the leak there is for android 4.4, and act as if the CIA just stopped at 4.4 and packed up their bags. Security is an illusion, and all the layers of obscurity Jow Forums uses installing hayseed androind forks is only serving to provide them with sand to bury their heads in. We live in a panopticon, and all this rah rah tribalism doesn't change that.

Because software is buggy. But Jow Forums has to trip over itself to brag they install some bullshit software and acts like that makes them exempt from spying.

Attached: theactualstateofg.jpg (1200x630, 89K)

muh fork

Attached: head-in-sand.jpg (343x380, 24K)

Great post. Also Android bad.
FIGHT FOR THE CORPORATIONS IN THE DARK PRESENT. THEY ARE OUR TEAMS

Jow Forums heavily favors privacy over security.
Though ironically I'd bet only a small portion of the people on here who use Android actually do a proper Gapps-less custom ROM setup for privacy

WOOSH
Privacy doesn't exist on cell phones.

>using a literal google phone
>privacy

hurr durr all android is google

hurr durr nobody thought of the major sofware distro I found on google that says its secure. certainly not the companies that spy of us for profit. surely they ignored the search results for spyware free android distrubution. theres no way they'd look at search results for attack angles. money isn't a thing. poeple don't sell out ever
>muh integrity

>missing the point completely

Redmi note 5, just installed syberia os.

I see you are a man of culture as well.

>data loss
>mobile data loss
journalists get the bullet too

Based

Note 3 with the Zerolemon 10000mAh battery, LineageOS.
t. fed up with battery life issues

>applel

Works fine on my iPhone, maybe people are just retards or it’s butthurt Andreets making up shit

You're fucking hopeless and deluded.

The Cellular data switch is gone from the settings menu you retard

Oh dear, I hope not. Copperhead was compromised a few months ago. The (now former) lead developer unironically recommends either compiling and hardening AOSP yourself or switching to an iPhone.

my iphone works just fine, y'all need to get a hobby

>Forbes reporting on it, apple acknowledged the issue
> i-it works on my machine, i-its just angry a-android users making up lies.. s-steve jobs please h-help me, Tim c-cook please give me the power to shill

this isn't a fucking isolated incident nor some random literally who website reporting it. you are pathetic for damage controlling an issue that is widespread and recognized by apple. lmao.

Attached: de37e34ffcb146334adffdb095251ae1e86ce95b.jpg (401x388, 24K)

But what about Pegasus?

based

How can you say someone is delusional when you, yourself, are trying to argue against something no one even brought up in the first place? No one has said anything about Android being more privacy-conscious than iOS. Stop the Apple shilling for one second and just try reading the shit you post.

based and redpilled

based and ultravioletpilled

based Santania first poster

based

>virgin Android cucks thinking this isn't just getting blown out of proportion by some Jewish journalist

Have fun with your Jewgle phone, I'll be enjoying getting my dick wet. Do ya'll realize that you automatically lose 2 points off your looks score if she texts you and it sends a green bubble? Ain't helping your case since you're all probably ugly to begin with.

ok, now that's just based as all get out

Attached: 1533954682754.jpg (339x388, 28K)

Attached: 1544010794355.png (450x450, 51K)

Based, I want to be Satania's footslave

thats a feature, btw

Attached: 1538304674770.jpg (719x621, 46K)

still better than Aplel, your point?

You drove your argument to the ground, microG doesn't transmit data to Google and nothing even close to it exists for the iOS. And you're still not talking about the topic of the thread.

>applel shills bringing up privacy and freedom as an argument
Fucking lmao, consider suicide, retards.

Hmm…

Nice clickbait title. "Data Loss" is not the same as losing the ability to use cellular data.

Attached: image.jpg (750x530, 114K)

Works on my machine ;^)

>she texts you and it sends a green bubble
>3d women

Blessed Apple for saving us from dumb iphone phoneposters.

>Apple iOS 12.1.2 Update Causes Data Loss Across the Globe
Flat-earthers BTFO once again.

checked

>forbes.com

Opinion discarded.
Also, what a fucking clickbaity and misleading headline, holy fuck.

Good god. Good. Fucking. God.
Imagine paying 2.5x the price for a phone that you can't even install any software you want on, where the software that you CAN install is gimped because Apple doesn't allow developers to create apps that do anything of value unless it runs in the foreground and where the manufacturer constantly fucks each and every single aspect of the devices up - from terrible hardware defects ("That were totally intentional, by the way, NO REFUNDS GOYIM!") to one goto faililicious software fuck up after the other.

How can one company be so consistently terrible? Aside from the CPU department, Apple is worthless.

>haven't updated my ipad since iOS8
is there any reason to do it if all I do is browse web and read e-books

>is there any reason to do it if all I do is browse web and read e-books
no reason at all.

>Opinion discarded.
>Opinion
Nice shilling.

They can be terrible knowingly get away with it. As you can see ITT, miserable iToddlers are actually trying to defend this

No problem on my SE.