You may not like it but Google is about to achieve total quantum supremecy

Attached: 1534572944074.png (610x525, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

timesofisrael.com/with-quantum-race-on-google-rushing-to-prove-new-computers-super-speed/
youtu.be/JhHMJCUmq28
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
economist.com/business/2018/08/18/the-race-is-on-to-dominate-quantum-computing
eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1333058
ai.googleblog.com/2018/03/a-preview-of-bristlecone-googles-new.html?m=1
physics.stackexchange.com/questions/70855/double-slit-experiment-with-just-one-photon-or-electron
science.sciencemag.org/content/269/5220/41
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firouz_Naderi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homayoun_Seraji
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobak_Ferdowsi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Google Israel
Oy vey!

What's wrong with Israel? They buy weapons off of us to kill sand niggers.

What are you talking about, user?
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Israel.
What makes you automatically think I harbor ill thoughts about Israel?
You're not an antisemite, are you?

>see hot new Jow Forums thread about quantum computing
>enter thread
I was deceived.
Give me the article link op, so I can read it in solitude.

I'd be the first to admit that I'm a brainlet, but isn't the "same amount of data a supercomputer can process in one day" line complete and utter bullshit? From what I remember, quantum computing is only useful for very specific types of problems.

timesofisrael.com/with-quantum-race-on-google-rushing-to-prove-new-computers-super-speed/
source because OP is a faggot

Any major quantum computing advancements will come from academia, not inside of a corporation. That's the way it always is. Although corporations like to monitor everyone in academia researching in the field and immediately buying the rights to all research that looks promising.

How do we convince Hiro that an IP ban on all Burgers is good for business?

>Quantum physics is different from regular physics. One of the key principles of this exciting science is the superposition principle, which says that unlike regular items, which can be in only one location at any point of time, tiny particles can be both here and there at the same time.
>This phenomenon is also called the particle-wave duality.

Is it true?

that paragraph alone is enough to say the article is pop sci garbage

I read the article. I would look to another source for understanding quantum physics or quantum computing in theory. Not only is it poorly translated (can only assume) it is also plain wrong in describing quantum computing as parallelism. The way the phrased it would also lead a layman reader to believe parallel computing isn't a thing already.
That quote is also wrong. Superposition principle is almost completely unrelated. It's certainly unrelated to what they described (it's related to waves though). They're not even describing quantum superposition thought they're making themselves clear that they're aiming to explain that.
Consider watching something like this:
youtu.be/JhHMJCUmq28
It's popular science, it's short, it isn't misleading (except for the slight overstatement of the database searching issue). And it brings the entire story it aims to tell. It won't make you a quantum computing expert. But it describes the advantages people expect from quantum computers. It hits the same popular points the article does but much better.
If you just search for quantum computing anywhere you'll find something that's easier and better than this article.

It depends on your interpretation of quantum mechanics. Most scientists use the Copenhagen interpretation, which is essentially "don't question it, it just werks."

>tiny particles can be both here and there at the same time
It's misleading.
Particles CAN be here OR there at the same time, as in "it's 70% likely it is there and 30% likely it is there".
It's not here AND here.

Except that before it is observed it can interfere with itself/other particles and produce an interference pattern, showing that it is in fact here and there at the same time. This works even for a single electron.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Attached: 1523187867113.png (800x549, 150K)

>Double slit experiment
>Shoot electrons one by one
>Each one only marks one spot on the screen behind the slits
>Two places at the same time
Retard

Dealing with faggot Europeans is much more grating than dealing with Americans. At least American arrogance comes from reality. European arrogance is entirely unwarranted with how much of a joke they have become in the eyes of the rest of the world. Truly embarrassing.

>shoshanna solomon
shalom Haaretz!

Better them than the fucking Chinks.

Attached: 1434735299884.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

fucking kikes

Completely wrong. Seriously, the entire reason that quantum mechanics is so weird is because it really isn't like you describe.

I can believe someone is this stupid. Pay attention.

Attached: 74b.jpg (252x291, 29K)

Weird phrasing but mostly true. “Wave-particle duality” is obsolete terminology from the 1930s that shouldn’t be used anymore, but it looks like they’re just using it as synonim for “superposition principle”, which makes sense.

>"It's in two places at the same time but you can't see it because when you observe it, it magically decides to be in only one spot"

Attached: Smile.jpg (600x600, 94K)

He’s right though. Before the measurement, the particle is in a superposition of both states, which is NOT the same as saying “it could be in state A with 50% chance or in state B with 50% chance, we just don’t know.”

based user btfo quantum fraud

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

Now describe interference (i hope you don't think you did) and entanglement with that model.

This, so much this

and why do we hear it from a third party news source instead of google itself?

>psssh-k
>sip
ah

KEK

it is a freaking copy-pasta

Pretty based, I’m not falling for it though

Yup but a fresh one, from yesterday.

It's obviously God

All of quantum physics belongs in /x/ as it is pseudoscience

>>TFW you have been uploading encrypted documents to Google drive just to fuck with the Jews,but then they made quantum supercomputers
>There surely must be a law stopping them from decrypting my data, R-R-Right b-b-bros?
I'm r-r-r-reposting to k-know h-how to encrypt m-my f-f-files a-against q-quantum ssshit

Attached: DbrVvBjUQAA6_fB.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>source your quantum bits just right and they'll stop being seemingly random and Rick Roll you instead.
If there's an abrahemic God and abrahemic religion made sense something like this is exactly what we'd find.
He'd probably throw a fit that we solved it and detonate the universe but it was clearly time well spent.

Create a cipher that's secure (big ask) that only you know about. Implement it the most basic computing component feasible to use. Feed it through a non-owned system. Store it wherever with no reference to what it actually was.

Or maybe stop uploading sensitive documents to the cloud.

I can understand ignorance or even total brainlets, but why is it always accompanied by an arrogant certainty and hostility to new ideas?

>fire electrons one by one at two fucking slits
>"hurr durr it goes through either left or right, electrons are bullets. Pattern will be be two lines in front of each slit"
>oh shit, an interference pattern
>I guess each electron went through BOTH slits and interfered with itself
>"hurrrr quantum a shit"

I am a Physics tutor and I deal with retards all the time, but all of them are willing to learn and thus make progress so I'm happy to help them. On the other hand if you're trolling, then it's masterful.

Attached: dunning-kruger.png (909x515, 59K)

The point was that despite the interference pattern (or call it moving like a wave, whatever), it only hits one spot

>What if Google didn't "need" to tell us
>Decrypts everything for shekels in secret
>Makes lots of shekels
>If publicised, would probably be regulated
>Makes lots of shekels
>Your information is in the hands of the Jews
>Makes lots of shekels
Oh veyyy goyim just stop kvetching and shutup

Because when it "hits a spot", that is an observation. It is exposing some photographic film or making a reading on a CCD or whatever. When the waveform is observed then yes, it is in one place. But you don't know which place it's going to be in until you have performed that observation.

More succinctly, in order to produce an interference pattern, it had to travel through both slits (before the observation), and therefore was in two places at once. QED

Attached: qoGu7.jpg (768x480, 81K)

>Shoot single electrons, particles with a negative charge, in a room
>In a room full of air, each molecule in the air having several protons with a positive charge
>"Oh wow, it's trajectory was disrupted"

Attached: 46.png (645x729, 90K)

Because there's no official race. Just like there was no official space race.
These things happen.
Are you stupid or do you prefer ignorance?
It's clear you don't even actually care.
economist.com/business/2018/08/18/the-race-is-on-to-dominate-quantum-computing
4 months back.
And what's this?
eetimes.com/author.asp?section_id=36&doc_id=1333058
>march
Here's their direct announcement
ai.googleblog.com/2018/03/a-preview-of-bristlecone-googles-new.html?m=1

Consider suicide. We need to cleanse people like you sooner rather than later. You'll do all the wrong decisions because someone with self interest told you it's in your best interest. You're not even poor sceptics, you don't try. That kind of apathy is far worse.

Kek now I know you're trolling. Had me at first but bait is too obvious.

At least I hope to god you're trolling. Otherwise this is flat earth-tier brainini

>academia

True maybe 10 years ago, now all that comes out of academia is new genders

Attached: 1518900476384.jpg (876x1051, 269K)

Attached: 1537303995329.png (674x742, 408K)

nah, only certain fields

Attached: 1541563928485.png (741x643, 42K)

>Sees earth, flat unending ever expanding world
>Fish sees earth as flat unending ever expanding world
>"Oh wow, its a giant sphere!"

Attached: 1545600356390s.jpg (110x125, 2K)

Why are people trying to force idiot posting in here? It's not the same as sarcasm. It has negative humor content. It's purely destructive.
You must really hate Jow Forums.

>quantum supremEcy

1. learn to spell
2. needs more buzzwords
3. OP is a fag

>You must really hate Jow Forums.
Who doesn't? Incest nigger?

I'd love to see the other top IQ points. I'm surprised CS is that high up.

>What's wrong with Israel

warmongering country cant see whats wrong with warmongering

>Quantum computer
Can we see it and have some peer review testing and benchmarking?
Or is it like the D-Wave meme?

>They buy weapons off of us
actually we give them money to buy stuff from us, but since the money is printed a by a jew-owned private corp., we're basically just giving them free shit.

>kill sand niggers
they're killing women and children at best. they can't do real fighting. they have to trick america into sacrificing american sons and daughters for israel's zionist agenda.
see:
-lavon affair
-uss liberty
-george patton

also, they kind of own america and have fleeced the people of their wealth and livelihood

>Dropping so many redpills at once
Reminder you're on 4channel, not on Jow Forums

That's not how it works you dimwit, you're one of the retards who take Schrodinger's cat literally to mean the cat is both alive and dead. Since the uncertainty principle means you can never know if a particle is going in a straight line, the light and dark spots just reflect the likelihood of an electronic being measured in the specific spots. The electrons themselves don't interfere with each other. The link below explains it pretty well.

physics.stackexchange.com/questions/70855/double-slit-experiment-with-just-one-photon-or-electron

I read once that quantum computers work by processing all possible outcomes at the same time at once (this is not the same type D-wave sells). But I couldn't find anything explaining how they will filter out the right outcome from all the other possible results.

Also how does one program in quantum language?

Couldn't find anything.

IMO this all sounds like scammer bullshit. Someone is receiving a lot of money to develop nothing.

I think he might be an antisemite

>IMO this all sounds like scammer bullshit. Someone is receiving a lot of money to develop nothing.
that's fusion

>t. LARPing as a flat brainer

Attached: earthlet.jpg (701x900, 237K)

you're not wrong, prime example of modern """journalism"""

>pic
Perfect

This whole double slit experiment proves nothing.
It is fucking dumb.
What if the electrons have intelligence and as beings with some intelligence they can just decide to pass through one or another slit at their own will.

Does anyone have a microscope to see their little faces or try to send them a message: hello electron!

>lso how does one program in quantum language?
>Couldn't find anything.
That's because it doesn't exist. All you may find are math algorithms that could be implemented IF quantum computers were to work.
It's a fucking meme and no "quantum" computer has ever been shown to use quantum specific algorithms that couldn't be used by a traditional CPU and no "quantum" computer has even been shown to be faster than a traditional CPU.

last time I Checked everyone with money outside of the US make a home inside German speaking regions that aren't Germany (Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg). Even American analysts say Europe and Australia are better places to live than US. The Problem for you is that Europeans don't like you and the cost of living is too high in those places for communist burgers.

>Microscope
Not so fast, user!
Don't forget that the quantum magic only works if you don't try to make any observation.
Very nice science indeed

How are we gonna protect our encrypted data when governments will have access to quantum computers?

We will use cryptography not broken by quantum computing.
Or simply increase the RSA key length.

From the source website
>A naive reader may look at this graph and conclude that men are smarter than women, but it is vital to note that, on average,men and women have about the same IQ.

>Or simply increase the RSA key length.

This.
They will need then another 20 year development to increase the quantity of qbits.

>on average,men and women have about the same IQ.
Where's that study?

I bet they're itching to put their hands on those quantum shekels.

science.sciencemag.org/content/269/5220/41

Thanks

Bummer, you have to pay for the whole study
In any case the abstract seems to point the other way
>although average sex differences have been generally small and stable over time, the test scores of males consistently have larger variance. Except in tests of reading comprehension, perceptual speed, and associative memory, males typically outnumber females substantially among high-scoring individuals.
If this the same article I read some time ago, the conclusion more or less was that males had a broader spectrum (more dumb males and more smart males) and women had less variation and sat around the middle.

>quantum computing is the same thing as quantum tunneling

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

For personal use this feasible to a point. Only if you expect quantum computers to be much slower in development to normal computers of course.
Because the quantum computer scales much faster than a normal one. When you manage to break a simple RSA key you know you're not far off from having killed RSA as a viable encryption method.
>if this is the same article
Doesn't have to be the same study. It's very broadly observed.

>dimwit
Don't know why I'm replying to this troll post but since you went through the effort of deleting and reposting with proof (stack exchange lol) I'll bite
>uncertainty principle
Nothing to do with this. Look up quantum superposition
>electrons don't interfere with each other
Yes, they interfere with themselves. One electron. Goes through both holes (doesn't split). Probability wave functions interfere. Produce interferene pattern on screen (observation).

Note that it doesn't work if you block one slit, then open it and block the other. The link you provided proves my point. But you knew that.

>electronic

Attached: retard.png (1288x99, 11K)

>Iran
>Technologically advanced
This is as dumb as all the articles proclaiming China in the lead. It's nothing more than the government asking for more military spending.

They're fucking kikes. And also they don't buy shit off of us. We give them billions of dollars on the condition that anything they buy for their military with that money is American made.

So essentially we give it to them for free. Especially because kikes own American currency entirely

t. retard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firouz_Naderi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homayoun_Seraji
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobak_Ferdowsi

Attached: 1519557252100.jpg (962x688, 125K)

That's not what it says. It's still wrong but it's just talking about the limits of your typical computers. Doesn't touch on quantum computing other than denying that the underlying principle (quantum 'anything' pretty much covers it) exists. But it doesn't address quantum computing directly other than that.

>The electron itself interferes with itself
>It goes through both holes but doesn't split
See folks why you can't reason with those quantum memelords?

it depends

Attached: 1518111405881.jpg (1578x1082, 325K)

100% this

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

i googled this patton guy. didn't find anything eye catching.
mind a little spoon feeding?

Attached: pattonthejews.jpg (1018x4799, 2.94M)

That doesn't change a thing, Talmudim.

Bad for them that quantum can't scale. Cheers for them for cracking 16 bit encryption instantly!

>average
lmao who gives a shit about that. The question is what gender has the highest number of people with an IQ over 130.

Men by way far. Men also have a ton of dumbasses. Who gives a shit.

>reads objective statistics
>only accepting of points which imply you are smarter
>not realising you are the one bringing the average down

>black
>99 IQ

Attached: 1506467610229.gif (390x220, 1.86M)

94, still.