File Storage

Hello Jow Forumsuys, I would like to make a backup of my e-books, also I would like to share them as well kinda like the GentooLibrary. But I also would like to have an encrypted backup of those in case copyright strike bans my account or whatever. What would be the right approach to achieve this, rent a vps with storage and setup an ftp? buy a GDrive/Mega, if going with this route I presume encryption should be a must, if I encrypt a volume with veracrypt or truecrypt or whatever containerization solution there is, when decrypting it to upload books, those would be visible on the server side?

Attached: 1388583241158.png (612x793, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rTXV1pP_hI4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why don't just make a torrent out of them and spread them around, then you'd probably have access to them even if you wipe your drive, considering that you have good shit so people would seed

Yes that's another good option. but first I need them to be spread enough. Mostly is Technical stuff in english and a lot of non-fiction stuff in spanish from a wide array of subjects. (Astronomy, TCM, Linux, Psychology, etc)

you can do it regardless, I shared a random library of 500gigs of books probably eight years ago, it's still being seeded since it has a portion of interesting books and I also tossed it as a zip package for safe keeping on a memory card, I have a stack of cheap 4 gig cards that I bought on a sale for just this kind of use

Yeah I keep them in an sd card too, it's much more smaller in size 36GB including comic books. You upload the torrent file to TPB or some tracker?

TPB and a private book club tracker, both are still seeding so torrents do have long lifespans interestingly, I was suspicious about it at the time but apparently they can be basically eternal

I remember those quotes kek
adequacy.org/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

>in partnership with the OTDGONTFEWTD initiative.

Attached: constanza.jpg (600x600, 34K)

That shit was real? I always thought it was some meme from /g

It would be another option to try, the more the merrier

Real and fedora tipping good

Ay dios mio! I'm burning!

I can recommend even if you decide to stash your library in other means, I actually cleaned my HDD of old comics the same way, didn't actually have the need to keep them stashed so seeded them away for a while then deleted them, but seems that they keep popping up constantly if I ever have the urge or space to grab them

What do you use to keep your files safe?

From le flaming boatnet

I print the binary out on paper and store it in my attic

kek, I tried that once. did not end well.

Yes, the idea is to have high availability wherever I am. I work a lot on the road so that's important.

Honestly? Calibre server. It's not hard and aside from the fact that, well ..it's calibre the server is pretty much the shizz.

youtube.com/watch?v=rTXV1pP_hI4

>lunix
oh, the feels

Attached: 20181223_233711.jpg (1080x891, 263K)

Can you share links from it? heard about it, never tried. I guess the most optimal route to keep availability would be torrent for redundancy + a VPS with calibre

That pic is fucking stupid but I loled a lot.