*blocks your cs degree and career*

*blocks your cs degree and career*

Attached: 1293682542867.png (2880x1920, 2.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.datumbox.com/tuning-the-learning-rate-in-gradient-descent/
youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is like trying to make organic chemistry seem hard by throwing a huge table of reactions at someone. If you actually understand the concepts it isn't hard.

Shut up I don't enjoy having to live in my parents basement.

Why do you care about coordinate systems anyway and vector calculus anyway? Are you trying to just like make a game with halfway decent physics or are you trying to program a robot?

Because none of this stuff is that hard or anything, but it's kind of not going to be particularly relevant to most fields of CS.

*studies math instead of CS*

heh...noting personnel, kid

Attached: 1499460775932.jpg (617x570, 79K)

Honestly if you struggle with calculus and can never apply it you might as well go for a less academic IT degree or something

The kind of reasoning you do in calculus is so important if you want to actually do machine learning on a higher level than shoving your data into scikit learn and praying to god some standard old model works reasonably well. If you don't want to have such an analytical job CS is probably a waste since you will learn actual practical programming better in other majors or on your own.

try grad level organic chemistry

Left should be Opensuse because it actually does just werk and even has thumbnails in the file picker by default.

based, 1st year, mathlets are getting btfo

linear algebra is the easiest math class user. maybe after discrete mathematics

I do not understand a single thing in that picture

Is that some kind of fucked up face in the upper right?

None of what's in OP's image is all that difficult to understand (2nd year calculus ideas, easy to frame in understandable terms in a classroom)

What's really funny here is that he either doesn't understand or couldn't find easy images to iconify the more abstract stuff like generating functions (for building linear equations for recursive algorithms) and Boolean algebra proofs for simplifying processes.

If you are too dumb for that, drop CS and go be a sysadmin or something.

basic undergrad level mathematics

No, I'm pretty sure those are magnetic fields. Which basic undergrad physics students might use basic undergrad mathematics for.

or ee student

Good brainlet filter.

Organic chemistry IS hard. Idc if you passed your undergrade final.

The context of the thread is undergrad. Anything is hard at a graduate level.

this is a very good reference sheet, saved

I'm tired of shitters who can't do basic math thinking they can hack it in CS, just go do webdev or something you fucking retards.

>Because none of this stuff is that hard or anything, but it's kind of not going to be particularly relevant to most fields of CS.
blog.datumbox.com/tuning-the-learning-rate-in-gradient-descent/

Attached: gradient-descent.png (703x366, 226K)

good thing my university doesn't bother with this autism :^)
t. final year CS student

*imports vector_calculus*
Not so fast.

yeah at least that.
this is 1. year math of every engineering school, and /sci/ think engineers are retarded

I have a Software Engineer job and I can't do any of that.

In my CS degree, calculus wasn't required at any level. It is largely useless for CS, unless you're doing something very specific.
Linear algebra, discrete maths, and logic were the required math courses.

Attached: 1374577328217.png (554x439, 224K)

>thing goes downhill
wooooooooooooow

>t. never took any maths
How are you going to send something downhill in the fastest path possible? The graph has no gravity. You need gradient for this.

GOD I FUCKING HATE YOU ML SHITTERS. NOBODY FUCKING CARES. NOBODY DOING REAL CS IS CONCERNED WITH YOUR RETARDED STATISTICS BULLSHIT.

you fuckers write 10,000 papers a year that amount to "I downloaded tensorflow and ran some example code on a bestiality data set. it can identify bestiality 93% of the time " NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK like seriously why is this crap even allowed in CS journals? and now because of you retarded fucks every school is pushing students to do retard tier math like linear and rebranding "data science" as some core CS concept that everyone should have to learn.
better but linear is still bullshit that doesn't have any use for 90% of CS, another discrete class would be worth 10x as much

if basic high school math can block your path, then your career is not blocked by math, but rather by your brain.

nah you're just a brainlet

Why should I feel bad for something I have no control over?

I'm last year cs doing computer vision and know pretty much everything here.
I manipulated vectors and quaternions pretty much daily, what's your point?
Everyone can understand this.

Thanks for this:)
I appreciate the graphic overview:)

Didn't even need a cs degree

Gradient descent is used in signal processing with fourier or wavelets, you can stay away from ml if you don't like it.

Not even hard if you tried

Not really.Its just random math shit you forget a few days after finishing the exams.I've seen niggers learn all this.

This is completely useless to a programmer and no respectable CompSci program will contain any math besides some discrete math.

I do programming and I find this to be very assistful:)

>tfw your uni's CS degree basically requires a math minor

brainlets btfo @ my uni

>linear algebra without any calculus

Attached: 1529930199239.png (500x533, 214K)

>pastes those symbols into Julia lang
>everything works fine
ye shlomo like if i needed to learn anything.

>he can't handle entry level math
>laughing_grils.tiff

CS major here and I never took Vector Calculus. I took differential calc, integral calc, and multi-variable calc. I also took linear algebra.

WTF? Calculus was fucking easy. The things relying on algebra ended up being more complicated.
Also, if you can't wrap your head around calc, how will you do with data structures and algorithms?

Sometimes vector calc is integrated into calc 3

In all of my years of literal shit schooling i never took a single class of calculus.
Where can i start?

*blocks your math degree and career*
Heh, nothing personnel, kid.

Attached: fuckme.png (777x828, 106K)

Most people fail hard at calculus not because it's hard, but because they usually go into college with a not-so-solid grasp of algebra and math combined with not being used to study seriously.

Btw, thanks for the cheat sheet. I'll be taking Calculus 3 (Vec Calc/Multivar Calc) the next semester.

>little u and little v exponents
I used to always get shit like that mixed up, especially when taking notes

Attached: !...[505]081472700890206.gif (218x228, 1024K)

That's funny.
Too bad they aren't exponents.

>t. retard that doesn't know anything about scientific computing
there are entire journals dedicated solely to Numerical Linear Algebra, not to mention the entire rest of the field of numerical analysis
undergraduate faggots should be banned on sight

Except undergrad organic chemistry is easy.
And CS majors don't need to understand math on the level that a graduate student does.

youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw

but I can do all of this and have zero degrees or careers

Fuck, at this point I'm trying to Nirvanna The Band my way into getting my degree.

I didn't have to take any calculus either (I ended up taking stats and discrete math instead) but sometimes I still get the feeling that it would be a good idea for me to go and learn it on my own anyway, does anyone have any recommendations for learning material?

Literally one tiny section is about electricity and magnetism. The rest is pretty much multivariable calculus, with some linear algebra, AKA stuff you'll have to take as a CS undergrad.

God I hate physicists and their """"""culture"""""" of what is considered "precise" so much. But recently there have been many new mathematically precise books on qft, so I guess there is some hope for a better future.
t. mathematician

And how the fuck do you plan on taking linear algebra without calculus? Nice LARP though

If anything schools are purposely trying to make CS EASIER by requiring less math and curving the shit out of the courses

Attached: American here.jpg (399x370, 23K)

Watch all of Professor Leonard's calculus playlists. You really should know that stuff.

Based sperg brainlet bait

Attached: 1368830756898.png (647x761, 927K)

this is untrue, of course, since it is one of the courses that causes most students to fail -- the situation is so bad, educators at the university level have symposiums about how to present it properly; and when they go about comparing how it is presented as a class or in a text, there are many variations between individual courses or texts, which is not the case in something such as organic chemistry, which follows standardized curricula in most courses

I'm a developer at a bank and I don't even have to do math. if I actually do end up having to doing something challenging, I just send it to finance.

its not really necessary in most applications since computers take over the drudgery

>blocks anything I do

Attached: mirror.jpg (710x639, 33K)

it looks good for tenure process tho

i was doing this on my own in junior high school having developed the system myself - i always wondered why people had to take a actual course in this simple material, much less need to develop the skill for it, especially through something as intuitive as the material they provide as a cs degree - its almost like having to teach someone how to wash their own hands; definitely the indication of brainlets needing to be led by the hand by nannies

I was able to get a bachelor's in CS by taking almost 0 math. I took calc 1 at a joke two year college that handed out A's and that transferred over to my 4 year uni. All I needed to take was a grammars and state machine course, and statistics 1 and 2. Rest of my classes were no bullshit and would actually help me be a better programmer.

Attached: 1544289508683.jpg (1275x966, 116K)

>blocks the brainlet from graduating before the STEM bubble pops
based, more jobs for me.

its absurd to think people actually need to go to college to learn topics as simple as CS - i invented all my own symbolisms and operations during sophomore year of high school and entered the corporate world without needing to go to college or uni just by demonstrating my skill to IT execs - its just a big joke when I think how brainlets actually pay other people tens of thousands of dollars over years to learn something so easy that even a 14 year old can invent it themselves from scratch

Attached: gm0164.jpg (1280x1810, 188K)

??? I took this course as an elective

College in general is a fucking joke. It's ridiculous that people have to waste 4 fours of their life to get a CS degree when 90% of the shit you learn is useless anyway.

i actually taught this as a freshman in uni while pursuing an art degree ??? people actually need this taught to them its so unbelievable

Just take it one step at a time dude

its not even that its useful the hilarity is the material is so simple im sure preschoolers could grasp it just by watching it in a cartoon its unbelievable to me that grown adult brainlets have to write long journal articles just to justify things that are plainly obvious

Nice larp kid

T. Failed cs major neet

oh thanks

the larping on here is so obnoxious; i have to deal with imbeciles like this at work - people who think everything is so simple and its so obvious that people must be brainlets to not be able to understand it - but then they can't figure out how to devise some actually very simple mechanism - so i explain some bullshit solution to them, and they immediate nod and say something like "oh i knew it - it's so easy why can't people see it without explanation" - then i leave them with this misconception until they use "the solution" and they fuck up royally

i mean, its so simple, it's just a joke that brainlets even struggle with something so obvious

Attached: _018_3.jpg (752x1062, 65K)

Yeah, maybe that would work in the third world. I know countless amounts of people with years of experience that now need bachelor's degree to even get through HR

it's an easy mistake to make especially when the professor has niggerlicious handwriting

what is a vector

An element of a vector space

>the entire foundation falls apart when you try dividing by 0 obviously showing the flawed nature of math
>"uhh dude well uhhhhhhh you just like uhhh cant divide by it haha *dab*"

Attached: 1531721236210.jpg (1131x622, 126K)

this doesn't say anything

Alright, now what's a vector space?

I already did all the math requirements though, even differential equations.

I forgot how to do like 60% of all the stuff I learned.

A vector space is a module over a field instead of a ring.

Where can I go and find a vector space to photograph?

In your room

Shit was so fucking easy. I passed all of those classes while still building a compiler.

>he had to take brainlet classes to understand something so intuitive!

I learned all of those back in the high school

I wish I did. I clashed with my math teachers in HS and ended up only having Algebra 1 under my belt. Really fucked me in college, I tested out of Math 101 but Math 102 required shit like converting sqrt(12) to 3*sqrt(4) or some shit like that which I'd never heard of and this shit was essentially like taking Algebra without knowing addition. Plus my professor had a heavy Indian accent which fucked me even further

this is the easiest shit what the fuck

khan academy lol