>realize I upgraded my video card
>wait another 20 minutes to be able to use the computer
>open up Firefox - another 5 minutes
>download and install latest graphics drivers - another 10 minutes
>reboot
>windows managed to install an update in that time
>wait 30 minutes to finish updating
>wait another 20 minutes for all programs to finish starting
Jesus this is the OS with the largest market share...

Attached: 3566f3ce0f76bee30cbc3eeec22f9f66ecea5445e65b43be04788a5a0535ca80.png (473x488, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au
twitter.com/AnonBabble

windows xp doesn't have this problem

it's honestly baffling why people continue to use windows outside of work

>boot OS after a long time
>surprised there's updates
Imagine being THIS fucking stupid

>windooze user doesn't see how waiting hours to use his computer is bad
Color me shocked
In the Linux world, updates to critical systems doesn't take hours. Worst case apt update && apt upgrade -y . And then reboot your computer whenever you feel like it
And rebooting doesn't take 30 years to do. It's as fast as a normal boot

Imagine letting microshit live rent-free
>absolute state of freetards

LUCKY CHANNELU
OHA LUCKY

Attached: o.jpg (1920x1200, 367K)

>less than a minute
I'd be concerned that you're measuring that timescale. But judging from the rest of the post it's hyperbole.
Usually you tend to be hyperbolic in favor of your point and against your opposition. Not just hyperbole against everything.

My Win10 boots in like 20 seconds and I don't even have an HDD
Updates are installed whenever I turn the PC off so I don't even know how long they take since I'm not using it
And installing latest drivers and latest web browser version takes the same time regardless of OS.

Yeah he probably mistyped one hour

>and I don't even have an HDD
SSD*, sorry.

>Boot into Windows 10
>At the login screen instantly after the snsv boot logo
>1080p@144Hz straight out of the box on Intel graphics
>By the time I go to watch a movie or play vidya, Windows has already installed drivers for my gtx 1060
>Programs open instantly and updates take no time at all between the nvme ssd, i5-8750H and 16GB of DDR4

>Install GNU+Linux
>Free drivers are garbage
>Annoying bug in almost every distro where there's graphical glitches because it's trying to use Intel and 1060 at the same time for fucking everything instead of using Intel for everything and handing off to the 1060 as needed
>Bug causes most distros to act like there's two different monitors, one for each gpu, rather than two gpus and one monitor, so sometimes Intel lags behind leaving flickering artifacts
>Some distros just flat out lock up and become totally unresponsive to where I can't ssh or open tty locally with ctrl+alt+F1-12
>Only option is to force reboot by holding power button
>Whatever is causing the hard lock isn't causing any errors to be logged to find the cause
Jesus no wonder this OS can't get even close to double digits desktop market share

what trash HDD do you have your installation(s) on user?

>blaming the computer because you're a retard who cant install drivers
Of course its the weebs who are braindead

>Intel

Attached: 1540579687095.png (778x763, 440K)

>install lastest graphics driver
>windows doesn't like it, downloads and installs in background an outdated "certified" driver without asking

>boot into linux
>select portrait mode
>tearing out the ass
>try wayland
>screen goes black, wayland doesn't support portrait mode yet
>try firefox
>dailymotion videos don't work
>veoh videos don't work
>captcha busta doesn't work
>leave the computer for 5 seconds
>screen locks
>screen lock caused a kernel panic

Linux is very much still the chewing gum and duct tape OS

Attached: replace computer.jpg (1920x1080, 73K)

>things that have never happened
Unless you're using gentoo or arch, this is complete bullshit

>Turns PC off
That is where we differ
My shit is on 100% of the time, if Windows updates my documents close and I have to recover everything
Woke up many a time with nothing going on and wondering why, ofc it was an update - dual booting for gaymes is just PAINFUL because of how many updates there are.

Wonder if I can make a windows update tool that keeps windows updated while I'm booted into linux, then I would have no issue

>screen lock caused a kernel panic
Already happened to me kek

Fedora actually. And wayland does not support multiple monitors in portrait mode, that's a legitimate issue, shit is not ready for deployment.

>boot into linux
>upgrade system
>new kernel
>go into /lib/modules and delete the old kernel
>stops working
lmao what a shit system

[spoiler]kys[/spoiler]

ITT: people who haven't realizing defending their preferred OS disadvantages isn't in their best interest, and at the end of the day whether microshit or (((freedesktop))) users, we're all consumers trying to get shit done without getting spied on

This plus timeline has worked pretty well for me. Timeline overall is a pretty nice addition.

Attached: ffo56e[1].png (434x88, 5K)

my windows comp boots in like 5 seconds wtf did you do?

Actually android has the largest market share, making linux have the highest market share since android is just a distro

How does it feel knowing that Windows 10 was made with literal retards in mind yet you still fail to properly use it?

>tfw to intelligent to use windows

>boot into loli vagina
>comes in less than a minute
>warm and tight

>boot into female vagina
>takes 10 minutes to get moist
>it stinks like fish socks
>wait another 20 minutes to hear moaning
>finish inside it
>starts complaining
>reboot
>it got dry
>wait 30 minutes to get it moist again
>wait another 20 minutes for her to finish

Attached: 1361732196966.png (1800x2693, 661K)

>implying you have ever seen a vagina
get the fuck out you pathetic incel

How does it feel to know Linux was made with tech geniuses in mind yet you still fail to use it properly

the good part of a bad show

>Get your teeth kicked in
>sent into prison
>get repeatably raped for being a sick fuck

muh games

muh games

Attached: 1468979439791.png (420x418, 128K)

muh gaymes and "Linux doesn't have a GUI lol'

show was kind of boring and didn't need to be 24 episodes. also the ed on every episode sucked

>Taking 10 minutes to boot into Windows
have you checked to see if your harddrive isn't dying?

>clean installed windows last week
>literally took 5 minutes to get to enter password
>takes an additional 2 minutes to open WiFi to connect
>reboot
>still takes 5 minutes
>wipe drive
>install favored Linux distro
>takes 28 seconds flat
imagine defending a shit OS from a shit company for free...

I took a windows programming job because it was my first six figure job.

NEVER DO THIS. I HATE WINDOWS AND THE KIND OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD WILLINGLY WORK WITH WINDOWS ARE RETARDS.

Attached: __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiying__1c1678ae14842eabc10d2e8e2f7addd8.jpg (375x416, 112K)

How much did therapy cost you so far and for how long did you work with windows?

>rm -rf * in some folder
>little nigger fucks up and starts deleting everything in /
>have to reinstall
Jesus this is the OS with the largest faggot share...

Why do you do this to yourself? And more importantly, why do you blame others?

Better software. Ready to use ootb, compatible with a lot of hw.

Linux is a meme anyone who uses it are just posters who think they are hackers. real professionals use mac os.

U forgot boot into linux, open a million programs 30% cpu usage

Boot into windows open one browser window 78 % cpu usage

People who have an actual job use Linux. The other operating systems don't cut it. It's not even close.

Hey on windows how can i create more of these right click options that are specific to an app?
In unix there is the .desktop file that i put these options into, but i dont see anything of the sorts in windows.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Attached: what_is_this.png (990x974, 269K)

a best

But I do have a real job making 100k in Colorado:)

decide, is rape good or bad
you're being inconsistent user

Ordered a MOGA pro power controller off of amazon, general good reviews, except I realized too late that the developers backed out of official support, and all the RECENT reviews are around 1 star due to this. I couldn't cancel and it arrived today, too scared to open it without info. Is is a dead product? Should i bite the bullet and pay the ten bucks shipping and get a 50$ refund or is there workarounds/ does the product still actually DO anything? I want to run emulators with it.

Attached: Moga-Pro-Power-aa-4.jpg (1600x1067, 127K)

>replaces a piece of hardware
>annoyed that the NT kernel has to reboot to load the new driver

You think that's bad user? I expect the NT driver model to be a broken piece of shit. That's merely an inconvenience. Microsoft removed a feature I used (ReFS support) from Windows 10 Pro and moved it to the Windows 10 Pro "for Workstations" SKU. I rebooted after an update (which I was coerced into applying) and lost access to my media storage array. The irony, in case it is lost on you, is that the "Pro for Workstations" SKU _did not exist_ when I purchased a license to use this operating system. This is absolutely maddening to me: if you're not a large enough legal entity to afford a volume licensing agreement there's no way to (legally) own this operating system without getting shat on regularly. I have a bunch of artist friends who got absolutely fucked over by the aptly named "creator's update" which destroyed their Wacom tablet support. What the hell happened? Microsoft used to be *the name* in backwards compatibility.

>What the hell happened? Microsoft used to be *the name* in backwards compatibility.
Yeah and they fucking hated it, because it meant that they were maintaining that security swiss cheese known as Windows XP for almost a decade after it had stopped making them any money. Read Raymond Chen's blog for some of the heroic efforts for compatibility that MS went through in the Win95 era. They did that because in those days, if they didn't, people would just sit on the old version. Now that everything's internet-connected and MS has a viable way to ram updates down the throats of uses whether they want them or not (also, they need them much more, the security landscape is much harsher) they don't really have to worry about losing sales if they shit out half-broken beta-quality stuff all the time. And it saves them money, since you need less dev time to make a kinda-working rolling-release OS than a high-quality one with any kind of stability. (applications of this to the world of Linux are left as an exercise)

Mark my words, they're gonna finish the transition by making windows subscription based, with a monthly fee, just like Adobe did with Photoshop. Users and (especially) businesses will complain, because they don't want to be on an upgrade treadmill, but MS knows that it's just talk, they're too locked in to credibly threaten to switch away from windows. They can skimp on quality without fear of repercussions from it, so they'll pocket the difference, sit back, and count the money.

That's your fault for trying to use a kernel as an OS.

>HDD
SSD doesnt have this problem

>intel IME
>AMD PSP
get fucked

this type of people is why there still some

POWER9 doesn't have this problem

>windows 10 doesn't boot
>uefi
>have to boot into the OS to reboot into safe mode
>only other option is to force off pc right after boots starts enough times to make diagnostics force boot in recovery mode

muh games muhfugga

>install Linux
>no WiFi drivers
>look for RTL8812BU drivers
>found some, nope outdated
>one of the forks is up to date
>install kernel headers and dev shit
>compile and install
>install FW
>load driver, it works
>driver has a config module and a binary module
>only outdated or conflicting instructions how to load both at boot time
>patience running out
Fuck this toy OS, back to Windows.

Dos will boot even faster and is almost as usable as your l*nux

there is nothing hyperbolic about anything he has said. Linux definitely takes less than minute to boot and windows would take an hour or more if he was forced to install all that garbage.

>no WiFi drivers
What is this, 2008? Not a problem anymore

Uhh no, he's right
Linex has issues with realtek WiFi adapters from that product line
I had similar problem and it ended up with me basically throwing out the adapter and buying an Intel one instead

>28 seconds

I'll have my browser open and ready to go within 15 seconds from turning on my windows 10 PC. Your loonix is slow.

Linux wont reach mass appeal until the following happen
>opensource drivers = propriety driver performance or propriety drivers OOTB
>hardware works out of the box
>muh gaymes
>a ui thats as easy as MacOS or windows
>can install programs without terminal
>video codecs for stuff like YT, Twitch, dailymotion and other video / streaming sites ootb
>a distribution that can easily work on both new and old hardware
>software for enterprise systems

when the only solution is github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au for some wifi cards it is definitely still an issue.

Not a problem if you use it more than once a year

It has all of that for me, except for the games - I just play them on my W7 install. Why do you need codecs for youtube? It works fine in the browser and mpv.

>takes 10 minutes to boot
Even chink Windows tablet with 2GB RAM and shitty flash storage boot up in less than 10 secs.

you're right shouldn't have said youtube, but for some sites it won't work without additional stuff. Example dailymotion, southpark studios. Also doesn't installing mpv install the audio and video codecs needed for certain formats?

All of that is handled by the browser. It might have been configured to be without proprietary stuff. I personally never encountered such problems, nor have I heard of them. mpv depends on ffmpeg, but more is needed to play video. Just about every distro comes with VLC that is capable of playing either everything or libre only (depends on the distro and config, ubuntu asks when you're installing).

>>password screen in less than a minute
you should by an SSD

well I'm not using fedora w/ cinnamon (honestly probably the issue), and it could be a browser issue. But even out of the box it didn't work which is the problem for people transitioning to linux. Granted I don't believe Ubuntu has this problem and my case is niche so theres that.

I have Linux on my laptop and Windows on my desktop and yea like all the replies you got on here it basically boils down to "MUH GAMES"

Because they have to use a specific piece of professional software that works like shit or not at all via wine, or they don't know Plasma exists, or they don't realize how many games run natively or via wine these days. Nvidia need not apply, jesus christ what a clusterfuck.

"For me" is not "mass".

>Ready to use ootb
I'm gonna disagree with you on that
>boot from USB to install Windows
>select drive
>it's gpt I can't use gpt
>boot into Linux reformat it as MBR
>it's MBR I can't use MBR
>clean it, no partition table
>finally starts installing
>boot
>800x600
>mouse acceleration curve goes from snail to mach 10 in .1 seconds
>no audio
>no nic drivers
>have to download drivers for mic on another pic
>plug USB with drivers
>nothing
>no USB drivers
>at this point I was read to throw my computer out of the window
>one USB port doesn't need drivers
>copy drivers from there
>install nic drivers
>install all other drivers for video card USB controllers etc
Pc was one of those dell precision desktops
I tried installing win10

Guhnoo plus loonicks
>boot arch from all the distros I could've chosen
>no internet
>connect Ethernet cable
>pacstrap /mnt
>boot
>install wifi drivers
>just werks

I hear stories like that from lintards from like 2008 (i just haven't met a lintard before that date). Cool story, but, its the other way around 99% of time, sorry to disappoint you.

>install wifi drivers
this is the reason that people don't use linux, you know that right?

I beg to differ - all my shit needs drivers from somewhere for Windows, while they're plug and play on Linux. This one asus wifi adapter needs a 250mb driver download for Windows. It works the second I plug it in on Linux. A similar story for the controller. I'm betting the people who complain choose a libre distro or didn't select proprietary drivers.

Im not that user but I'm using fedora and I have a AC1300 that doesn't work at all no option for wifi

> >boots into 800x600
> >realize I upgraded my video card
At least it boots straight into a graphical mode after upgrade, unlike Linux. Changed a video card? Here's your console, bro. Apt-get dist-upgraded to a different kernel? Here's your console, bro.
> waah it downloaded an update
Learn to configure your system.

Pacman > apt

All of those have already happened you retard.

BSD > Linux
Emacs > Vim
Female > Male
Reddit > Jow Forums
So fucking what? Start flame wars all you want, this thread isn't about a goddamn distro.

>And installing latest drivers and latest web browser version takes the same time regardless of OS.
imagine being so wrong

Unless you for some reason removed all the drivers for vendors you don't use hardware from, you can swap at will with 0 driver installation required. Kernel upgrades are fine as well, as long as nothing is depending on that specific version.

No

>no
to your knowledge pacman does the same shit and you don't know how to package shit archtard, you just pretend to know

> as long as nothing is depending on that specific version.
Yeah, well, Nvidia. Also its installer blacklists Nouveau module, so if you swap one GPU for an unsupported GPU, it won't boot into GUI.
> inb4 nvidia
It's 2018 and Proton doesn't support open source drivers for 70% of GPU marketshare. I didn't want to install proprietary drivers, but I was forced to.

>Windows for normies
>Linux for turbo autists
I thought this was settled, what's the point of the same thread daily?

>nouveau
just run the CPU integrated graphics at that point

windows 8-10 is bloatware
I'm not kidding it comes with minecraft pre-installed with no way to uninstall it

windows and microsoft in general didnt earn their marketshare by offering the best between the competition user

There's another one, I can't. On Windows, Optimus works. On Linux Bumblebee doesn't work OOTB and I found one thread where its author claims something like "if Optimus isn't listed in BIOS, switching won't work in Bumblebee, regardless of Windows support".
Windows 8 does not come with adware applications.

Dont forget that win10 users have to bargain their "active hours" with the os in order to not have their pc frcibly shut down

Attached: just.png (513x273, 52K)

muh games

>>boot into windows for the first time in a year
>>takes 10 minutes to boot
>>boots into 800x600
>>realize I upgraded my video card
So.. you installed a video card, didn't bother to update the setup and windows, and here you are crying about why windows is taking so long to start up? unbelievable. what are you exactly? a computer illiterate or a compulsive fucking liar? you can only pick one, you sad lamer.