>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YLzAvMjM3MDYwL29yaWdpbmFsL0F1Zm1hY2hlci0wMTIwMTAuanBn.jpg (600x450, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/GvrT9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/4p8LBb
pcpartpicker.com/product/RwcMnQ/viewsonic-monitor-xg27004k#viewImages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tfw I only play Ashes of Singularity because it's the only game my Ryzen is good at.

Don't wait for CES announcements. Buy Intel now.

What are the best values in used CPU's and motherboards these days? 7700k? 4790k?

Is it a bad idea to use a paintbrush to dust off computer parts? and avoiding touching on contacts.

I've been using a vacuum to clean mine for years

What's better RAM for Ryzen?
4+8 GB or 3x4 GB?

Attached: D.jpg (2048x1804, 1.59M)

is HIS meant to be a rebranded XFX?

Why cant Ryzen and RX580 be on sale at the same time ree

9700k has more cores than 8700k but less threads. The upgrade path just got confusing.

you will probably need threads just to baby sit windows when it does shit in the background.

Which RTX 2070 card do I get? There's a bunch and user reviews are unreliable. Is the $500 EVGA one any good? I'm not going to overclock it or anything. Maybe undervolt it if that's possible.

Attached: evga.jpg (1280x960, 171K)

Haswell i7s are good value if you can get a cheap Z87/97 board, on the odd occasion you can find an inexpensive X58 or preferably X79 board, you have a solid HEDT Xeon path. For dirt cheap you can also get a P55 board and X3440 hyper threaded Xeon (essentially an enterprise i7 860). X99 is still excellent for reasonable money if you can find a cheap 5820K or 5930K, but then you have to spring for DDR4 memory. But yeah, 4770K and 4790K probably the best all round value used gaming platform IMO.

No.

Is there a good mid tower case under 100 bucks?

Thanks. The problem seems to be getting the cheap Z97 boards. They cost a fortune on ebay.

No problem. PC parts/PCs in general are a lot sturdier than many people claim. Actually amazed that some manage to break shit.

both are shit and housefires

Attached: 9900khousefire.png (1112x833, 74K)

asked in the last thread and go no responses. Anything you'd change? Is 1000w enough or should I do more?

pcpartpicker.com/list/GvrT9J

Attached: 1527992332386.jpg (680x1064, 213K)

>industrial chiller
>throttling
This will never not be funny

what makes it even worse is the fact that their new 9xxx chips supposedly use soldered HIS now too as opposed to thermal paste.

8700k throttled but 9900k was fine? wtf?

Will you upgrade from Sandy Lake for 10nm and DDR5? Please.

well its intel, they find new and innovative ways to fuck everything up

It's soldered.

i thought it was shit solder?

pcpartpicker says 880W so you're kinda close

Yeah, eBay is probably the wrong medium for looking for used platforms mentioned. It's really the stuff that you stumble across in local used listings where sellers don't really know what they have other than "it's an old i7 system". Looking for used OEM systems like i7 equipped Optiplexes can represent good value, or you could just go out and buy an MSI B450 board and a Ryzen 2600

i'd say yes but you could at least give some info on what you're looking for in the case

shit like rgbs, window, airflow, silence and so on

>$4.5k workstation or some shit and a fucking TN panel

Recommendations on RGB fans? Looking for something that's addressable and I'm considering Corsair but interested in others' experience

I guess I'm looking for one with good airflow, generally quiet. I don't really care about stuff like rgb. Is a window just cosmetic?

yea I was thinking the same. Might bump it to 1200w
well I was limited by panels with Freesync in them. Is G-Sync worth the price premium? Because I'll go Nvidia if it is.

Panel types have nothing to do with freesync/g-sync, what are you smoking?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4p8LBb

How does this look. I didn't realize there were still 1080Ti's available. Is it better to get a 1080Ti? Or an RTX 2080? Money isn't really an issue, but I'm loathe to part with $1400+ for a decent RTX 2080Ti model.

What I meant was a 4k freesync panel with what I was after. In this instance it was adjustable monitor positions. Height, angle, etc. All the 4k freesync panels I've seen are fix position.

question about overclocking...

1.4 vcore too high for a 6600k on 212 evo?

right now it's at 3.5 ghz at 1.35 vcore and temps are fine.

his cosplay will protect his virginity forever

>msi b450 bazooka
>msi rx 580
>ryzen 5
>crucial 8gb ram stick (possible issue?)

Lights are on, fans are spinning, peripherals are good but no display to tv via hdmi.
About to try with dvi and monitor - no windows loaded on it yet obviously, but have 10 x64 ready.

Possible issues/fuckups? I triple-checked everything for compatibility and made sure everything is plugged in correctly.

Redpill me on monitors Jow Forums. What should I look for to get the best experience in 1080p?

errr correction it's at 4.5 ghz at 1.35v

did you plug the cpu motherboard connector?

pcpartpicker.com/product/RwcMnQ/viewsonic-monitor-xg27004k#viewImages
?

Sounds pretty bad, my Haslel 4790K is at 4.7GHz 1.3V and as far as I know the newer CPUs tend to use lower voltage.

I would try connecting the dvi cable straight to the motherboard.

you can drop thousands of dollars in a clown car of a workstation but not afford a desk/wall mount for a 4k monitor

WARNING DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW AMD DRIVERS, THEY FUCKING SUCK.

>tfw lost my good underclock settings for vega 64
>tfw no custom fan curve with new drivers

vega 64 fucking blows, fuck that and fuck amd

Best cooler for PBO 2700X? Will boxed cooler do the job?

Should I wait for the AMD Ryzen 3k series to come out or should I just order the parts now?
Also, here's my PC parts.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 DDR4 2x8GB C15
- MOBO: Gigabyte AM4 AORUS ELITE
- PSU: Corsair RM550x
- SSD: Crucial MX500 1GB
- Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300
- No HDD. Should I consider to get one or just stick to an SSD?

Vega 64 or a 2070?

>-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
>- GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2080
LUL

Yeah it works better.

Why would you put a garbage cheap cpu with a 2080?

>1 GB SSD

Attached: IMG-20181223-WA0023.jpg (331x259, 8K)

Are monitor mounts PCBG? I'm looking for a decent mount to basically just remove the stand.
I don't need any of the swivel features. But I've got a fucking tiny desk and need to clear up some room.

being able to push my keyboard under the monitor when I need to use my desk as a desk would be super helpful.

I just bought this build. What's so funny about it when Zen2 is right around the corner?

Just WaitTM
Also bump up the RAM to 3200MHz.

You do know that several industry insiders confirmed that zen 2 is a flop, right?

Doesn't the CPU bottleneck your GPU? Seems inbalanced to me

Source? If it is a flop then I'll consider switching to Intel since I'm not poor and can afford to do so but Ryzen seems much better at multitasking and doing anything other than gayming.

Ok, wtf did you just pull out of your ass?

so pretty much didn't win the chip lotto?

it'll crash / bsod when doing 4.6 ghz at 1.375v

I haven't built it yet but of course it's imbalanced. I wanted to build now and Zen2 isn't out yet so I bought a stopgap CPU.

Right. So I guess I need a better CPU and a smaller SSD. Thanks for feedback

I'm not entirely sure about Skylake but yeah, sounds like you got a dud.

what's wrong with that?

Didn't you know? You're supposed to gimp your build because other people are poorer than you.

voltage is too high but it won't kill your CPU. for reference my 2500k does 4.5ghz at 1.35v and that is a higher TDP CPU than yours.

Guys. I was just making fun of the fact that he wrote 1 GIGABYTE SSD instead of 1 TERABYTE. That's literally it. Why would you get a smaller one if you can get a big one?

This. If he plans to buy a 2080 just buy a 9900k, don't be a fucking jew and cheap on the cpu.

kek, i didn't even see it was gb

Oh right. 2am does things to you

well according to Intel the max tdp for the 6600k is 91.

i've seen multiple videos either saying don't exceed 1.375 / 1.4 for daily use...

Attached: intelseethingpajeet.png (813x1402, 324K)

Dad's bought parts to build a PC for little brother. He tends to go overboard on these sorts of things, but we're both fairly new to this. Anything missing from this list?
i9 7960X
X299 pro carbon motherboard
4 x 8GB vengeance ram
2 ssd's
GTX 1070
300R ATX case
850 W SuperNova power supply
Scythe big shuriken cpu cooler

>Pajeets working overtime to get underage to get their parents to buy intel shit before xmas
nice

Attached: poointhecpoo1.jpg (700x466, 37K)

Attached: gee-i-wonder-who-could-be-behind-this-post-11822748.png (500x522, 137K)

>GTX 1070

seems out of place

Literally everything is wrong with that

Why are people so quick to judge the RTX cards when they're as new as they are? Won't future driver updates greatly increase performance?

Your little brother probably doesnt need 32 GB of RAM. Or 24 threads.

>$1500 cuckpu
cringe

They're obviously great, I think people just like to moch them because most of them are really expensive, and some of them are barely even an upgrade

>LEAVE NVIDIA ALLONNEEE

Attached: 1541017619938.jpg (1034x689, 157K)

If they double the core count you'll almost definitely be forced to buy a new mobo.

India is ayymd's biggest market tho

Is this $200 memory a meme?

Attached: 2018-12-23-203546_1114x590_scrot.png (1114x590, 206K)

Should I upgrade my cpu now or wait later. My cpu is also kinda shit. i5 4590 and a 770 2gb. I could get a used 1060 6gb for 150. Tempting.

It's not really abnormal. That's pretty average for a Skylake. My 3930k does 4.5ghz at 1.31v under a Prime95 load. Newer doesn't necessarily mean better clockspeed/voltage efficiency, unless sometimes it's an improvement on the same architecture (like Skylake-Kabylake-Coffeelake)
Really dude, it's nothing to worry about. As long as you're hitting a stable 4.5ghz and can control temps just fine, there's nothing wrong with your voltage.

Is the 9600k the current go to gaming CPU?

They're both around GTX 1080 performance but the Vega 56 can be had for $100 cheaper.

So be it. At that point I can assess the pros and cons of each company and can choose which path to take.

It just seems like Intel is going for that single processor performance no matter how hot and inefficient they get.

>DDR4 3200

nope

Nvm, you're talking about Vega 64 not 56. They're both gonna perform about equally for the price, but if those are the two cards you're thinking about I would go with the Vega since you can use Freesync monitors which are much cheaper than the G-sync equivalents.

No For a mid range gaming system, go an R5 Ryzen. For a mid to high range gaming system, go with an i7 8700K/9700K.

I'm not getting a Ryzen bro.

Then get a 9700k bro

Just get a used 4790k until 10nm and DDR5 come out. Spending big money on a CPU and memory right now is silly.

Sir .. please consider buying from amd

>shoot yourself in the foot over brand loyalty
Fanboys were a mistake