CIA manual for sabotaging productivity

How come most companies these days unironically work this way?

businessinsider.com/oss-manual-sabotage-productivity-2015-11

>Insist on doing everything through "channels." Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
>Make "speeches." Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your "points" by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.
>When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible — never less than five.
>Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
>Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
>Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.
>Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

Managers
>In making work assignments, always sign out the unimportant jobs first. See that important jobs are assigned to inefficient workers.
>Insist on perfect work in relatively unimportant products; send back for refinishing those which have the least flaw.
>To lower morale and with it, production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions.
>Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.
>Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions, pay checks, and so on. See that three people have to approve everything where one would do.

Employees
>Work slowly.
>Contrive as many interruptions to your work as you can.
>Do your work poorly and blame it on bad tools, machinery, or equipment. Complain that these things are preventing you from doing your job right.
>Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.

Full manual: my.mixtape.moe/uehjhh.pdf

Attached: 1539778690690.jpg (993x553, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/uehjhh.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lmfao i worked at like 4 places that did this

Yeah. I wonder.

Attached: 1525979807645.jpg (400x400, 91K)

must be subverted by CIA

What if I join the CIA and do this?

Did they just rip off the front page and republish this "steps to establishing a human resources department" at some point?

>Bring up diversity and equality as much as possible
Huh really makes you think

This isn't because of sabotage, it's just the boring old principal-agent problem. The interests of a worker or a manager are very seldom aligned with those of the company executives or the owners. (those latter two may also be at odds with each other)

This is pretty much inherent, since most employees will want to do the minimum amount of work possible to collect their paycheck - if they could goof off and chit chat and just hang around all day without risk of jeopardizing their income stream, they would. The more ambitious people - managers and executives - care more about increasing their own pay and building their own power base in the organization and generally looking out for #1. Neither of these things are conducive to efficient cooperation on the goals of the organization or its owners.

wouldn't doubt it at this point.

get a bonus and gov't issue model gf

Sounds like an instruction manual on how to become a woman.

That was pretty mean even if you are a female yourself.

Attached: 1543406154305.gif (320x245, 1.89M)

hello fellow lobster

I always knew I was serving some greater purpose and wasn't just lazy

what?

kek

Jon petearson reference

Minories in Tech tactics in open source projects, because big evil companies use Open source, made projects only acept Employeer contributions and promote minories,spend time in CoCs and more social things.

BTFO mozilla and rust.

Hello pajeet

holy shit how many CIA agents have I worked with

nyuk nyuk nyuk

based curly poster

I actually have been listening to some of petersons talks and I think its interesting to me that I have reached many of the points he comes up with a few years before I ever heard of peterson. I dont see how me associating that list and women behavior has to do with peterson... where does he refer to women behavior in that fashion?

they were probably just niggers

JP use analogy lobster for natural hierarchy, SJW love point out this as retarder pseudoscience.

actually this is great material to counter faggots.

Unironically this

Sounds like a literal guide on how to be black.

Communist use it as blueprint

I still don't see what that would have anything to do with "typical women behavior". I never heard peterson talk in terms of "typical female behavior".

I seriously doubt that nigs would want to
>>Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.
>>Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions

Put alt rigth/misogyny/Brogrammer in same bag as fans JP

of it means they do less actual work, than its up their alley, trust me I've worked and currently work with a ton of them

nah, it sounds more like white women
>all the horrible work experiences I've had with women now make sense
they're just made to ruin the workplace.

>anyone wanting true equality of opportunity is an alt-righter/misogynistic/whatever
I suppose you'd want equality of outcome?

No, just somebody say
>hello fellow lobster
Other reply "what?"
Just say original person want mock as JP fan.

anyone wanting to mock that comment, obviously, has never worked in a professional type of environment with women.

This is why I neet. Normies are too dense to see how much of their time is spent on meaningless busy work.

Attached: 1427383310401.jpg (350x447, 109K)

> Organising conferences
> Lazy
You've obviously never had to organise one yourself...
It's not work that's related to what you should be doing, but it's still hard work.

Back in my PhD days (before I could fob this kind of shit to my students), we had to organise a conferences with 1000+ delegates. Other than the mass overall email spams advertising the conference details, you have to
- Regularly communicate with individual plenary, keynote and invited speakers to make sure they can still make the date for their talk
- Make sure there's no visa problems for the important speakers (and in at least one of our cases, hand deliver signed documents to the immigration department because the Australian government decided to make this case as difficult as possible)
- Book the venue and coordinate with the venue staff. Catering may also be seperate from the venue depending on where it is held
- Get accurate estimates on the number of delegates months ahead and negotiate group discounts with multiple hotels/hostels. This includes being able to find out who is bringing their family along and also finding out if students mind sharing rooms with each other
- Organising transport for important speakers from the point they land. For at least one of the conferences, this meant chauffeuring them for 4hrs south from Sydney airport because these people couldn't make the coaches that picked up everyone else
- Making sure you had every type of connector/converter possible to connect a laptop to an overhead projector. You can specify everyone should bring a USB stick with a Powerpoint or PDF presentation, but I guarantee you there will be people who ignore these instructions and will use some obscure file format and some (either brand spanking new or ancient obsolete) proprietary monitor connection.

Ah, the moths in a movie theatre is a good one. I'll have to do this sometime.

for an incel, that was gotdam funny, LMAO

dude racism lol!

Could you explain this? I'm not clicking on the link to the CIA website

>and gov't issue model gf
Does the government give out android gfs?

If they do, I'd definitely be on board with helping out the Israeli astroturfers undermining the public, killing dissenters, and whatever else the CIA gets up to these days.

Attached: 1538170717794.png (615x937, 263K)

>When possible, refer all matters to committees, for "further study and consideration." Attempt to make the committee as large as possible — never less than five.
>Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
>Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
>Advocate "caution." Be "reasonable" and urge your fellow-conferees to be "reasonable"and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.

Hhmmm, code of conduct anyone?

Try cutting the lights during a normal workday to see if you're being subverted. CIA niggers glow in the dark

This is literally how our government operates.

i think sabotage implies some intent.

these thing could be unintenional
it read more of how businesses tend to fuck up rather than trying to fuck up a buisness

Please tell me they said to do open office.

Basically the government any time something that might actually be in the interest of the American people comes up.

I don't want equality of opportunity because women objectively have less capacity than men, both physically and intellectually. Why even bother allowing them to compete? Some things must be for men only, starting with the military, police, firemen, government, and managerial positions. So yes, anyone who wants equality of opportunity is an idiot because it implies that you first have to achieve existential equality through the cybernetic modification of women. But if you do that you either do it to men too, in which case they will still be superior to women; or you don't give the option to men, which goes against the very "equality of opportunity" that you're trying to create. This was already tried in my country and it flopped hard in an early stage.

The point is to have very strong plausible deniability. If you turned up on Monday and started smashing every machine you could get your hands on, you wouldn't last long as a saboteur.

>you wouldn't last long as a saboteur
Because the job is already long. That's the highest degree of success you can possibly achieve.

"sabotaging" a business would most likely involve framing it for fraud, or abhorrent business practises.

more with pr and billing/finances departments.

theres a difference between being a shitty counter productive worker, and a business saboteur.

The difference is scale and the risk of the operation. An intentionally counterproductive worker is indeed a saboteur, though obviously not at the same level as the operator you describe.

I think they didnt mean that kind of conference.

Yes, CoC is communism in nutshell

This is just list of quirks in any corporate workplace that someone wrote up and blamed on the CIA

The US government was initially set up to be an inefficient disaster to prevent government from ever getting a totalitarian foothold.
It was a good plan, even if it didn't work forever.

Of course it's already a problem. That's why you can cover sabotage under it.

Wow, this has a lot, roughly 9 of those things from the first two lists, my old boss used to do. Thing is he and his boss don't like each other so one would contradict the other when decisions were made on projects, or how things should be handled.
Our group leader just said fuck it and tried to organize things to work. Didn't help much when the bosses gave us projects to do that they wanted finished by tomorrow or less than 24 hours. I think only one project had more than 4 days to do.
Worse is that no material was given to us, not even the company logo to be put on promotional videos/images.
It was an internship, but it was just horrible. They are cycling interns so fast too.

Because many of those things are both good and bad.
You've stripped the headers for the categories which makes this misleading actually.
>speeches
Depending on the context they serve different purposes. I think Cpp con embodies both kinds. They have waffly talks about how programming 'should be' that are vague and certainly a romantic version of the language where it's specific. But they also have good technical talks. The former is for selling books (or rather selling the language which in turn sells books that the conference and committee members have written). The latter is the kind of non-speech communication the CIA portrays as good. It's hard to argue it isn't.
You'll find less insidious versions in shareholder conferences. There they're actually selling their companies. It doesn't directly contribute to production, everyone is aware of that, it secures funding. Similar to marketing.
>insist on doing everything through channels
Clearly were supposing excess here. Who says what excess is? Business insider doesn't.
>never take shortcuts
Large team scaling is very difficult. Microsoft didn't make a 100000x better OS than the freshman who wrote a toy in a few months I promise you.
If we consider shortcuts in a positive sense they're cost free.
In a negative sense they've undercut the organizational structure and cost us way more in the long run than the short term saving was.
To be clear this is a point about encouragement of this action in a conference setting.
>bring up irrelevant issues
Who knows what those are? In the CIA case it's obvious. You're actually trying to do that.
>haggle over precise wording
I'm not thinking the CIA is telling you to work really hard on your technical specification so it'll save time later.
>refer back
Again, it's bad because of the context. You're doing it without a good reason.
>work assignment
Obvious sabotage. It's not what happens by intent (hopefully).

>insist on perfection in unimportant products
Priorities. To us technical folks the exterior (metaphorically or not) of the product seems entirely unimportant but it's often what sells the product so it's the greatest failure mode possible.
>be pleasant to inefficient workers
This absolutely does happen. Turns out managers and bosses are humans that favor very human things like good looks or how much time you spend talking about sports during lunch. If anything this is something I'd say is spot on as a general criticism. It's not always but I see it a lot and it's so well established its measurable. Like the male height and pay statistic.
>employees
>work slowly
Duh. It's done for selfish reasons, not sabotage. Usually due to personal problems or insufficient motivation.
>contrive interruptions
Usually very related to the previous point
>blame it on tools
It's more as a tip of how to cover your ass. The difference comes in the attitude you've got after this complaints. What are your suggestions. If you're a saboteur you're gonna ask for the expensive flashy web garbage. If you're interested in solving your problem you build the tool yourself if there's no simple solution on the market. (within reason)
>never pass your skill to a new worker
I've never seen a company culture like this. Must be very hostile in general.

Also to be clear I'm not saying what I've not seen doesn't happen. I'm just trying to make it clear that if you find this relatable it's not because your bosses work for a secret nazi regime it's more likely problems of scope, priorities or just someone being bad at this one aspect.

You can find some of these things even in very effective organizations.

Reads like a government operations manual.

While men excel at a lot of things not all men do, and the same goes for women, allowing equality of opportunity would mean that you allow the people who are good at something to do that very thing regardless of what sex they're born with, which is why equality of opportunity is something that should be established world wide, I want the best possible firemen, police, doctors regardless of them having a dick or a pussy. Meritocratic structures simply demand it, if you ban women from positions then you will end up with the same exact shit show that the modern feminism equality of outcome will accomplish, people doing jobs they're simply not good at.

Let merit, skill and ability be the arbiter of success.

>most employees will want to do the minimum amount of work possible to collect their paycheck - if they could goof off and chit chat and just hang around all day without risk of jeopardizing their income stream, they would.
Where are you from? USA?

Attached: its_all_so_tiresome.gif (526x250, 3.19M)

>Released in 1944
>Meanwhile in Germany
>Albert Speer reading OSS manual
>Hmm... those are some good ideas
>Armanents productivity increases by 25 %

Attached: 620193f31178.jpg (520x364, 38K)

So basically world rulers are autist children who was always jealous of Sam getting better grades than him and that made him competitor at every level when he grew up?

>I've never seen a company culture like this. Must be very hostile in general.
I worked for several people who refused to pass on skills. A woman did it out of spite because she didn't like me for some reason. Another one was a disabled guy who feared I would take over his job. I worked at a bank where people actively sabotaged each other to climb in rank themselves. I worked at a government position where people hid contracts. I know a financial director who keeps hidden excel sheets with data of clients, just in case he gets fired. He's going to retire soon and take that data with him.

>never pass your skill to a new worker
I've never seen a company culture like this. Must be very hostile in general.

This happened at my job. I work for a 20 000 people multi-nation IT-company. When I was a junior, the majority of seniors never helped or pointed me in the right direction, they all just ignored and thought of me as retarded and stupid since I didn't know everything they did and I climbed the ladder rather quickly to get to the same position they were (got hired straight out of uni and skipped a bunch of the "grind" because they needed people in that specific department)

2 years later I am part of a 20 man group that lead the company technology wise - and those old asswipes have to come and ask me constantly for help, and I give them the same fucking vague answers and whenever they ask for assistance I tell them I'm busy (when in reality I'm just sitting on my ass).

Why would you /not/ want to do what that user said? Why work harder for no reason, with the assumption that you won't receive a raise?

To avoid the hassle of dealing with angry customers/colleagues/3rd parties/whatever.

At least that's what drives me.

So fucking tired of that shit.

Where does it say that?

BORN TO REICH
WORLD WILL BE PURE
SS Cleanse Em All 1944
I am a fuhrer
5,375,400 DEAD ALLIES

What if you like your job?

Not the guy you replied to but you do realise that you going above and beyond your duty gets you nothing, no raise, no promotion, no recognition at all, and it will only raise the expected job performance from you, why pay you more if youre already working well and enjoy your job, hell we are doing you a favor to even employee you, you wont have this much fun anywhere else and be paid for it.

seriously its like you guys never worked a day in your lives

Attached: middle.jpg (299x168, 8K)

I liked my job. I liked working at it more than I liked being outside work. Are you a man?

is that supposed to be English? what are you trying to say user?

NEETs don't understand work ethic is what he's trying to say you pathetic no-job having faggot

Is it really work if you enjoy it and grow as a person? I suppose you're getting paid to love.

Attached: 1426621086358_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.png (962x694, 541K)

>work ethic
>implying

If you believe such a thing actually matters to employers, you are out of your god damn mind, never had a job or you havent faced the reality of jobs.

EVERYONE IS REPLACEABLE and that includes you.

You will not be rewarded for your "work ethic", half the job is just showing up, incompetence is not a disqualifier for 80% of jobs out there. This conversation has nothing to do with work ethic and everything to do with the world we live in.

I mean if you enjoy the work then its something you don't get depressed about doing, and you get paid for it
I finally understood that feeling after being out of work for a year

if you do a shit job you're going to be replaced before the guy who doesn't do a shit job, this is just a fact
workplaces now have metrics to track work performance, and only a worthless NEET or a nigger would think if you do the least you can do won't get you fired

Looks like my new numale boss is a CIA plant send to sabotage us! And so are 3/4th of my coworkers...

Nice theory there, here's what really happens. They don't fire you to replace with another guy even if you are shit at your job because the cost of time to train your replacement and the aggravation isn't worth it to the manager. Unless you stop showing up, you will continue keeping that job.

My company does #1 so poorly right now I want to explode. But it's due to (((auditing)))

this is how I know you don't work, or if you work, the management at your job is utter shit
if you work for a large company, they track performance, especially with govt contractors, and those who do the bare minimum are the first ones let go
so if you in fact are employed, stay at your shit job with shit management, but don't be surprised if you get the axe first

>the management at almost all jobs is utter shit
FTFY

>I'm not clicking on the link to the CIA website
that is why the OP provided a mirror to the PDF you idiot.
my.mixtape.moe/uehjhh.pdf

for the most part, yes, I guess I just lucked out then with my current one

Hate to say it but 1984 became a reality you haven't taken enough Redpills(tm) yet

Rust is a delay tactic to shift focus and resources away from firefox. Which makes sense:
>fix the existing bugs
>
switch to another preexisting engine and integrate modify it
>create a new engine in a existing well established language and toolchain

>design a entire new language, create the new language and toolchain and documentation, retrain everyone in the new language, create a new engine in the new language while dealing with constantly changing language features and immature tooling

I wonder if they've ever been involved in anything not absolutely creepy as fuck.

Even those lucky people who genuinely enjoy the field that they're in probably have better ideas with what to do with that interest and motivation than what their employer wants done.

There's plenty of people who are passionate about programming and who also work as programmers - but I bet you that the vast majority of them would, if they could get away with it, spend their days at the office hacking on some open-source codebase or a personal project, instead of writing some CRUD web app for the retards in Accounts Receivable. Most of the shit that needs doing in the course of operating a business is not interesting stuff by any stretch of the imagination.

The CIA wasn't formed until 1947. Stop reposting MSM propaganda

it's literally the first thing written in the article. learn to fucking read.

Attached: 1519785688892.png (301x204, 74K)

Fucking CIA glow in the dark niggers

>opening a PDF from the CIA
ISHYGDDT

open it in a vm using sumatra.

ok mr agent