Win10 needs unknown driver

aw lawd halp meh windows 10 usb bootable iso doesn't work, keeps telling me i need driver but doesn't specify, went to mobo manufacture and got all available drivers but win10 is still being a stingy bitch and demanding a driver WTF does it want from me i have given it everything?

gigabyte b450 wifi pro
ryzen2600
vega 56

system works fine on linux mint and ubuntu but i need win10 for reasons whats its issue

Attached: fml.jpg (720x564, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amdgpu-install.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install-script.html
google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjxu8WSvbffAhUm6YMKHTIlCfAQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-a-required-cddvd-drive-device-driver-is-missing-occurred-in-windows-7-install/&psig=AOvVaw1AjLgW703D-Ks5R8Wu0hXY&ust=1545706924469254
youtube.com/watch?v=7h2bZLJqG40
youtu.be/xNIdOs_50r4
download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_b450_w10_18.10.20.02.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you need windows for specific programs just throw it in a virtual machine.

adobe, openCL for blender and gaming, gaming wont work to good through a VM and i don't trust at 36 hour render through a VM either. Why does windows suck but a bunch of linux neck beards working for free can make it work no problem?

Blender works on Linux, you know. I'm sure Adobe can use the 3d acceleration just fine too.

Most games have Linux builds, especially the most popular. Indie games are where you run into trouble but even then most indie games use a popular engine that builds Linux too.

Because Microsoft stopped caring about their product after 7. (really XP if you want to argue that far).

Ignoring all that, I'll help. Do you have any extra add on cards? Maybe an NVMe drive?

trust me i'd rather use Linux (i kinda hate ubuntu compared to Mint, but only ubuntu is supported for AMDpro drivers which is the only way to get openCL running and i need openCL for gpu rendering(you'd think snce Mint being built off of ubuntu would mean the drivers would work but NO after many hours of frustration)

Anyways i tried it on a normal 5400rpm HDD because it was the only HD i had until my NVMe arrived but i got the same issue on both HD's, even with only one connected.

yes XP was the last win i used until now, win10 is a spyware nightmare

So how did you obtain the Windows installer? Also, is there any chance your flash drive is bad?
I ran into a similar problem at work once before and just recreating the USB from the ISO fixed it.

Most of these kind of complaints come from the sources directory on the installer getting fucked with or obviously actually needing a driver in the case of some NVMe drives or RAID cards or whatever.

plug your install usb into usb2 slot

i got it right from Microsoft website. will the usb stick seems to work fine for everything else,that doesn't mean its not half broken but it could have fooled me as i just used it ot transfer 20gb of music

Try what said if you're using a 3.0 slot. If not, try a different flash drive or recreating the drive.

unplug all hard drive except for the one you want to install windows on. i have to do this every time I put winblows on a drive

and the nvme too

i have the only mobo in the world that only has usb 3.0 all blue, also the front panel on my case only has usb 3.0 what are the chances fml only have one plugged in, first i tried a HDD no luck so i unplugged it and trie my NVMe still no luck, im about to order a usb 2.0 auxiliary they're only like $5 but i don't feel like waiting for it to come in the mail

Have an old case with usb 2.0 front panel? Can pull it out of that and use it temporarily. Though I honestly doubt that's the issue. Windows is just fucking retarded. I'm out of ideas otherwise.
I will say Gigabyte's Ryzen boards are extremely low quality. I ended up buying an ASRock for the first time because it was the only one with consistently positive reviews and I'm glad I did.

Oh, and I also only have 3.0 ports.

yea i know gigabyte ain't the best but i got it new for $80 and its has decent features like wifi, bluetooth, the better 1220 audio "thingy" i'm not planing on overclocking very much because the r5 2600 doesn't have much to gain,

i just broke down and ordered a usb 2.0 panel for $5 guess i be waiting around for a few days(weeks) for it to arrive, thanks for trying to help, much appreciated

You're welcome but I still doubt usb compatibility is an issue. The chipsets are the same for the most part after all and x400 series boards have been out for months. Microsoft would have patched compatibility before they were even publicly released and would update the installers likewise.

You'd still gain more by using *ubuntu than windows if your only reason is adobe and games, especially if you're more familiar with Linux. w10 is trash.

Actually, if it were absolutely necessary in your case I'd use 7 because at least the UI doesn't lag on a high end machine.

Sorry to go off topic, but why doesn’t Windows 10 have some sort of generic driver for USB3.0? Surely there would be a standard / spec that would allow this port to work out of the box.

It’s fucking retarded, nobody should have to install a driver for a USB port.

Install gentoo

I got that error before too. I accidentally cleaned the drive before I did a clean install. So it couldn't find Windows cuz I wiped it but it was still loaded. Use the Windows Media creation tool to try and remake the bootable disk

i've been using linux Mint but im kinda a pleb and only know very basic commands, do most things through the GUI because Mint is pretty good in that respect, ubuntu is like a bootleg version of mac, its more of a cell phone OS.(i turned off bluetooth visibility and it literally said it was in air plane mode, my desk top is in air plane mode -_- )

literally install gentoo fuck

does gentoo support openCL and AMD pro driver? and do i need to be a neck beard linux wizard to use it?

This error is encountered 100% of the time due to an incomplete ISO download (only a few bytes may bemissing)
If you got it from M$ website download it again, check if md5/sha1 match with the one on the site, if you got it by torrent, force recheck.

windows 10 isn't a spyware. it's new way to build modern industry standard operating system.

t. pajeet

If you're booting from a USB, put the USB in another port and try again.
KEK

yes and yes

i had the same error. just had to clean the target drive.

Ubuntu 18.04 supports your hardware and is easy as fuck to use.

Steps to succeed (nice and easy):
1. Install Ubuntu 18.04 (desktop edition)
2. Go to AMDs website
3. Find the driver for your card, download the one for "Ubuntu x86 64-Bit"
4. Open terminal and run:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

5. Follow the steps to install the driver with opencl support: amdgpu-install.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install-script.html

It is quite possibly a glitch user, I've had it happen to older HP laptops when installing windows 7

See this:
google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjxu8WSvbffAhUm6YMKHTIlCfAQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-a-required-cddvd-drive-device-driver-is-missing-occurred-in-windows-7-install/&psig=AOvVaw1AjLgW703D-Ks5R8Wu0hXY&ust=1545706924469254

Isn't there a amdgpu-pro driver in the repo, like the nvidia proprietary drivers are?

>Why the problem occurs?

>The problem causedbecause the USB drive is not recognized by WindowsPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment ). Windows PE is builton Windows 7 kernel and is used to prepare a computer for Windows installation. So if the USB drive is not recognized by Windows PE, you may encounter this problem and cannot install the system. Try solutions below to fix the problem.

>Solution 1: Unplug the USB drive and Plug it back

>Just unplug the USB drive and plug it back in the computer, then the problem should resolve. You may not believe it, but it is the easiest and most useful solution to fix problem.

I've have this issue installing Windows with a gigabyte b450m ds3h board.

- Double checked the Windows installation media and flash drive. They're fine.
- Tried the forum tricks, like swapping USB ports, using USB2.0 port, and disconnecting CD drive.
- Tried selecting every driver from the media that was shipped with the components, tried them from a flash drive, and tried drivers downloaded online. The response was always "No media drivers changed", or something along those lines.
- Selected recovery mode and fucked around. To no avail, because you cannot switch back to installation from there, only reboot.
- Tried to obtain some drivers from AMD's website, but they come in an installation wizard that cannot be executed at Windows install-time.

Arch Linux installed without a hitch. I got fed up and returned to ricing. There is other small tricks I saw, but I don't think its worth my time. My guess is this is a tedious issue of not being able to find the right drivers, or the Windows image doesn't care even if you do find the drivers.

Observations while debugging:

- It's asking for a media driver, not any driver. This is probably related to reading the installation media (USB, CDROM), or writing to drives (SSD, NVMe, HDD, SATA). Could also be chipset drivers, but I'm not sure.
- It can trying to read the CD drive when installing through a flash drive. In forums people reported disconnecting their flash drive solved the issue. Others reported disconnecting other drives worked. It was suggested to disconnect all drives except the two relevant ones.
- My BIOS has an option for "USB Mass Storage Driver Support". Only when enabled can I boot my flash drive. This may or may not be relevant to Windows, but I found it possibly correlated with the above.

Would be nice if Windows gave information here. Hard to troubleshoot because of all the odd hit-or-miss tricks online.

There may well be, however I've been working with a few RX 580s and found the install script works great. When you download the driver it comes with both the amdgpu and amdgpu-pro install scripts, just use the one you want.

Windows 10 is fucking trash. Why are you doing windows 10?

i have ubuntu 18.04 running and i got the openCL installed but ubuntu is a crap cell phone OS , i'd much rather use Mint 19. and i since i have a mid to high end gpu i might as well have the ability to play games that only work on win10. How does anybody use ubuntu its GUI is trash and you wind up having to do every thing through terminal which for some things is faster but its just a habit for you linux wizards and it doesn't always make sense for everything

Email/call the mobo's manufacturer tech support.

You can use one of its various flavors instead; Gnome is very controversial, I personally think it's bad. KDE gives a windows-like default look and has many features so I recommend you start with it. XFCE is also great. You don't need to use the terminal at all for usual tasks. I find it great, personally.

gigabyte tech support? are you making a joke?

Please get run over by a rickshaw

Or he can just not be a Lintard and deal with free VM performance loss

it kinda blows my mind that i can't get the amd pro drivers working on Mint 19, because mint is built off of ubuntu form what i understand but when in mint if i try the install driver command it either tells me "OS no supported" or "no such command" i tried going into the file and changing everything from ubuntu to linuxmint because thatuse to work once a pone time but it just broke the OS then i had to do a fresh install. Its even more fusteratng because AMD open source drivers come pre installed in Mint 19 but they don't include openCL which i need for gpu rendering and when i try to install them "OS not supported" like i said i'm no wizard just a casual Mint pleb but this is annoying

>but why doesn’t Windows 10 have some sort of generic driver for USB3.0

It does, I've only ever installed it with USB3 ports, can this board not stop endlessly lying about Windows 10?

Have you tried the /etc/lsb-release trick? Might work if you change it to DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu

Have you tried switching the SATA mode in your UEFI setup from NVMe to AHCI to IDE or something else? Usually this error is that the Windows Installer simply can't see any HDDs. Does the drive show up in the UEFI setup?

I was able to fix this for INSTALLING Win10, but I am not sure how to fix it for a bootable version. Are you just trying to install?

i can show you endless vids where usb 3.0 don't work but pulling it out and sticking it into a usb 2.0 magically works,

well when i boot i hit f12 to pull up boot options so i can choose the usb, the bios sees the hard drive but that doesn't nesarily mean that windows sees the drive but how would i even check at that point?

Press shift+10. Pretty sure this is the right combo for the command prompt. You can then list and also format the disks there if you want.

Attached: 1392261765439.jpg (500x500, 23K)

do it pussy.

Here
Dunno if this will work for you, but basically extract the contents of the ISO into a folder with something like 7zip. I believe the files can be on the flash drive itself or on a different partition but you could try both if one doesn't work.

Then, you boot from the ISO on the flash drive like usual, but once you are in the Windows setup, you need to open the command prompt and launch the extracted files' proper setup.exe (it's the one in the sources folder - there are multiple exes throughout the folders, so you do need to pick the correct one). At this point, you will have a 2nd Windows setup on top of your first original Windows setup. It's ridiculous, but this 2nd setup on top worked at least for me and could see the drive.

Here is someone doing it using a vdisk, which you of course won't be doing so ignore those steps. You just navigate to the setup and run it rather than dealing with mounting vdisks and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=7h2bZLJqG40

For what it's worth, when trying to fix my own problem, I saw people saying that just reinserting the flash drive into any USB slot after launching the installer would work for them. Didnt have to do with USB type, but I could see it leading to the misconception.

thanks for the tip, i'll try it in a few hours when my render is done, i've been using my vega 56 to heat my house

what are you some kind of win10 shill go back to /b/ where you belong youtu.be/xNIdOs_50r4

thank you for this post, although seeing that makes me wonder how the largest software provider in the world that charges $100 per license can be so convoluted yet Linux which is free and written by collage students in their off time can plug in and boot right up.

its almost like i'm paying $100 dollars to install spyware in my computer, with free dose of frustration and a added bonus of needing to pay for virus ware.. you guys are doing a fine job of making me regret going back to windows

fuck you, i just wanted to see "endless vids where usb 3.0 don't work but pulling it out and sticking it into a usb 2.0 magically works"

Attached: 1545366033352.jpg (725x573, 54K)

install USB 3.0 driver
install windows 7 as there's tools specifically to fix this problem for windows 7
install via dvd

Attached: 1542917621579.jpg (634x800, 59K)

It probably doesn't have a driver for the bastard AMD SATA controller.

>loonix fanboi
>still wants windows
>too retarded to download sata/usb drivers from motherboard manufacturer website
seething

download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_chipset_b450_w10_18.10.20.02.zip
has USB drivers in there
I believe all the files you need are in the subdirectory
\WHQL_win10\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\UsbFilter\WT64A

>Most games have Linux builds
>Most

use woeusb to burn the iso

that was the first thing i did MB_Utility_Windowsimagetool i pulled them u in the where it says browse it went to a loading screen for a few seconds(which it doesn't do without the drivers) then the same message pops back up.

Wow my spelling is shit!

>cocksucking macfaggot can't get windows to work in some macfaggot vm

No offense but I seriously doubt anyone here can help you.

hey op i wanted to let you know you could use getdevicecaps to find the device information then make a struct.

did you extract the zip though? and did you navigate to the subfolder?