A youtuber found a recipe for Starlite!

What can we use super cake for now that it was rediscovered?

Anyone on Jow Forums interested in material technology?

youtu.be/aqR4_UoBIzY

Attached: Screenshot_20181224-042714.png (1280x720, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobham_armour
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Couldn't I go to my backyard scoop up some clay, form it into a tortilla and do the same thing?

No, you need baking soda and sugar.

what is every stove ever

>rediscovers billion dollar idea
>doesn't rush to patent it and get rich

If you bother to watch the beginning of the video, it's clickbait. He confesses he doesn't actually know how to make Starlite and the secret to actually making it died with the faggot nigger who kept it a secret. All he's doing is using ingredients to make a knockoff version that is less heat resilient then the actual thing.

>finds compound that could significantly advance tech
>chimps out because he might not hold a complete monopoly on the idea and process
>material ultimately did dies with him
wow can anyone out nigger this guy

His daughter who knows the recipe but told BBC to fuck off.

then why can't they make it? It's dumb he'd be money crazed over it, then not at least hand it down to his legacy so they might get the money.

Because you make starlite from base, sugar and something sticky like glue. There is no fucking way they would be able to prevent people from raping their "patent". That's why the daughter refuses to admit that it's that easy and pretend to be retarded for meme fame.

>refuse to admit it's easy to make
>instead fail to make it
>for meme fame on the BBC

Attached: 1535713523700.jpg (900x563, 34K)

>less heat resilient

Whats the heat resiliency of the other stuff compared to this?

>Cover an egg in the goop
>Blowtorch it for five minutes
>Still raw

But both tests showed that.

I didn't see him do any specific heat resiliency test that provided any measurement apart from
"it didn't burn my hand"

>knockoff version that is less heat resilient then the actual thing.

elaborate

10,000 degrees Celsius (as tested by various agencies including NASA) versus a fucking blowtorch.

nice cgi

Regardless, it's remarkably close to Starlite. At this point, he just needs to make some refinements to the formula. I feel he's close to it,

I wonder why that bitch said its "edible" and feeds it to her pets all the time, I get that glue is edible, but why feed that shit to your pets?

> have billion dollar idea
> be so hungry for money that you would rather take the secret to your grave instead of getting fucking rich

I get that he didn't want to get fucked over, but that's still retarded as fuck.

I also wonder why no secrent agency was ever able to get a hold of a small material sample even if he was extremely protective about it.

Wasn't it supposed to contain a small part of ceramics?

>Implying it was ever about money
Who was Nikola Tesla, again?

I've several breakthrough inventions in my bag too, probably taking them to my grave because our "patent system" is a total joke.
And I'm positive there's at least hundreds if not thousands of people in the same position as me at this very moment.

Science ≠ invention.

Both survived up to that point.

It's obvious the authorities rushed in and interrogated the guy. It was still the cold war days. They've just been keeping it a secret.

I mean just take a look at this, it works exactly the same way, only against shaped charges (metals in superplasticity @ 20k PSI)

Forgot link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chobham_armour

more likely that it's fake news than anything else.

Yummy

Yes you're so smart, shitpost on a consumer tech board more please.

>What can we use super cake for now that it was rediscovered?
Reentry vehicle heat shield for NORK ICBMs, a technology the CIAspent decades and billions of Dollar to keep out of their hands.

What a wonderful excuse not to do anything