Code monkey at local startup

>code monkey at local startup
>making barely liveable wage but get good hours (only work 3 days a week and make 35k)
>always have to remind boss to pay me

Attached: file.png (601x508, 146K)

>always have to remind boss to pay me
How much of a beta cuck do you have to be to tolerate this.

Just apply to other places while working there
Why do people have no common sense

The job is actually pretty comfy aside from it (Good office, got a company laptop/phone, free gym, often get free breakfast/dinner/lunch)

Atleast you have a job.
t. NEET

>only work 3 days a week and make 35k
how the fuck?
What's your position?

junior developer

not sure how long you've been working there but i would only stay 3-6 months to get experience and then move to a better job bro... i assume this is your first job

Pretty much

That's still pretty low honestly.
Unless you're a third worlder or from Eastern Europe.

>work at local startup
>expect enterprise-level company structure

> 35k
so no car, studio apt, and basic life essentials month to month?

Basically
I'm still a student and do work on the side so it's not too bad

>live in a shithole
>work for 5/2 for 10k a month
>can't afford a computer with 1070ti

you sure got it tough

Attached: 1515404388041.jpg (900x900, 44K)

Not sure if you have the personality for it, but software sales roles are low hours and high pay. Something to consider if you don't want to actually program day in day out.

but OP is saying he gets free meals. that's high tier in a work-pay ration. that said it's low overall and if OP were smart he'd find a job to do on the blank days.

35k in bum fuck no where like Alabama, where I live, is a decent living. I'll never understand why people choose to live in a place like silicon valley. My parents house would be like 3 million dollars there. The cost of living is fucking retarded.

Because Alabama is a cultural wasteland with fat uneducated people. Plus California is like a drug, once you live there everywhere else sucks.

More expensive areas usually have more entertainment, and the cost of living is higher but anyone hiring half decent software developers is going to have to offer competitive pay for the area, so it's not like you're going to be working full time as a developer and struggling no matter where you are. You may as well live somewhere with fun stuff to do after work.

I don't consider barcades and and hobo shit/piss to be quirky or entertaining. Working remotely from a comfy home office in a nice town of rural and suburban retards is much nicer.

>Doing things after work
You mean playing vidya right?
That's what I've been doing after work for the last ~10 years

North Alabama, specifically the Huntsville area, is perfectly fine. We have fucking NASA here senpai. Everywhere else is a shithole though.

>offer competitive pay for the area
Buying power in New York is completely different than that of somewhere like Alabama. I can buy a 1,200sqft house with a pretty decent sized yard for ~$100k here. A similar place in Silicon Valley would cost 750k+ and it's going to be a condo, not a house on it's own land. If you choose to live outside of the city to reduce costs, you're typically looking at a pretty long drive to/from your place of work.

I will never, ever live in a big city. I don't care if there's more entertainment. If I want to, I'll fucking fly somewhere for a weekend and get plenty of entertainment.

Honestly that doesn't sound bad at all, working 3 days a week to make $35k is a pretty solid deal. I'm a student working as a paid intern doing a typical 9-5 and it sucks heavily. I'd rather take a pay decrease and do what you're doing. Use your time to develop interests and hobbies and get better at things.

>4 days a week to do whatever you want
Have you considered doing freelance work or some other side shit to make some extra money?

Do you get equity?

youre a moron if you cant maintain a car and 1br apartment on 35k
hell i survived years on 30k and could still afford drugs
never been on any sort of assistance and credit aint too shabby either
fuck youre a faggot holy shit, lay off the starbux or something jesus

>local start-up

you make it sound like a laundromat

I get free meals in my company too, it's serve yourself but I don't mind since there's a lot of choices. Plus game rooms, free gym, dental and health benefits and plenty of bonuses during Christmas.
I suppose it's not that bad if he's just starting out, good stepping stone but yeah he should part time on his day offs.

Attached: tiGsQxx.png (480x600, 166K)

Kill yourself retard. Someone as stupid as you would naturally be into drugs. The cost of living in some areas is double what it is in others. 35k in San Fransisco is fucking poverty tier. I'm not even sure if you could pay a years rent on a goddamn studio apartment in San Fransisco with 35k and that doesn't include any other expenses.

i make 58k working 3 days a week
own my own home and car
support my wife and my wife's son

who the fuck would want to live in San Francisco?

>wife's son
So he's not yours

i personally think people are full imbeciles if they can't work 3 days a week or less, making at least 50k; i was maintaining a 4 br home and two cars and had no credit debt at all, and could still afford to buy expensive audiophile gear, holy shit, aren't people even trying

he's me son also, but he's primarily hers

Attached: Heavy_Meta.jpg (443x334, 165K)

i dont recall op saying he lived in san francisco
>The cost of living in some areas is double what it is in others
wow really youre so smart

>people are imbeciles if theyre not in the top 1% income bracket
fuck off douchebag

He never said where he lives, that's the point you fucking idiot. He could live somewhere that 35k barely covers bare minimum expenses. You comparing your situation to his, when you don't know his situation, is goddamn retarded. Seriously, fucking kill yourself. Don't dilute the gene pool any further.

im just trolling
the smug airs on here are so obnoxious i imagine we're probably talking to pajeets trying to make up for their caste system insecurities

>He never said where he lives
exactly, yet you assumed he lives in san francisco. clearly youre the retarded one in this situation

You're small time
>Make fuck all money starting at spreadsheets all day, nowhere near enough to buy a house
>No friends
>No girlfriend
>Spent saturday night penetrating my asshole with a carrot due to boredom

everything seemed typical until the last entry

That's the point. I was trying to show that your life can always get even worse.

why don't you online date or something, and take some night courses

or do chaturbate with the carrot technique; money's money

I just wasted 15 minutes trying to solve this shitty integral

Did you solve it though.

Post sol

lol it's definite integral, you can't put 1 and 0 into it?

(x^2+13x/4+101/8)(x^2-3x+2)^1/2+135/16log(-2(x^2-3x+2)^1/2-2x+3) + c

im too lazy to sub in so do it yourself lol

wolfram alpha can do it
im too lazy to input that shit this time of day

>only work 3 days a week
I would give anything to only work 3 days a week. Fuck you.