So Jow Forums is the Vega 64 a better buy than an RTX 2070? They're roughly in the same price range...

So Jow Forums is the Vega 64 a better buy than an RTX 2070? They're roughly in the same price range, and more or less have near the same performance - though as Nvidia tends to age like shit the Vega seems to be the better buy.

Plus the RTX has the useless RaytracingTM meme which you have to pay extra for.

Attached: AMD vega.png (1213x578, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

komplett.no/product/975040/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/skjermkort/asus-radeon-rx-vega-64-rog-strix-oc?fromSearchOverlay=1&q=vega 64 strix#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vega GPUs actually do ray tracing better than the RTXs. I'd suggest vega.

AMD all the way. The 56 has incredible bang for buck.

Source? I want a good kek before I sleep.

Yeah I've been looking to upgrade, you can get a shit tier 2070 which is more expensive than a good Vega 64

pls good sir do the needfull and buy amd very good yes. u wont be dissapoint
vega 56 strong as rtx 2080ti

wtf that's expensive

komplett.no/product/975040/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/skjermkort/asus-radeon-rx-vega-64-rog-strix-oc?fromSearchOverlay=1&q=vega 64 strix#

~$600

>Always Making Duds

its australian prices lad

Attached: Screenshot_20181224-135432.jpg (767x878, 316K)

>shilling for nvidia
>dec, 24
probably for the best your family hates you

Ah, my bad.

wtf norwegian prices are expensive

Nvidia if you want cuda, amd if you don't.

Running my stock Vega 56 at 150w. Good enough. Quiet enough. Gets me good FPS in most titles at 1440p. Cost me £380 on launch day. I'm pleased with its performance and continuingly updated drivers and features (Radeon Chill, HBCC, ReLive, auto undervolt/overclock etc)

Got my Vega 56 at 1650/975 @ 1080mv. Happy with the performance so far!

i got a pulse rx 56 off newegg for about 375 dollars a little over a month ago. stock settings run at 200w but you can undervolt and run at 150-170 for the same clocks and higher. default voltage is 1.2 at p7. just bring it down and youre good
card runs at 50c to 60c under load (i have 144hz freesync) and the max i see it go is 70c on warmer days. im in california
pretty much everything will run over 60 with the newest assassins creed games being the only exception but they go 55fps to 80 depending on the areas

Nah, Vega 56 OC'ed and undervolted can be better than a 1080 but the 2070 OC'ed is much, much better than Vega 64.

t. vega 56 and 1600x owner

Attached: cachemem35.png (539x518, 92K)

>but the 2070 OC'ed is much, much better than Vega 64.

Actually I was wrong about this, it's better but not that much better.

Attached: 1512090053443.png (640x359, 213K)

> Vega 56 can be better than a 1080
> 1080 has almost identical performance to the 2070
> somehow the 2070 is much faster than the Vega 64

You won't get one because it's fake. Some retard tried to enable the RTX raytracing in BFV. Naturally it didn't work because that implementation needs Nvidia's DX raytracing extensions (RTX) and it defaulted to screen space reflections instead. AMDrones don't know what they're talking about so they just assumed it was working even though it had obvious signs of screen space, like the fact that only objects in screenspace were being reflected whereas RTX models the entire world

Oh, in that case I already found that thread. I'm betting it's a future possibility, but it'll run like absolute shit. Doesn't matter to me anyway since I've seen what it does and it's nothing that special.

DICE will have to add a new agnostic or AMD specific raytracing path for AMD cards. Which I doubt they'll do because Nvidia already has their hands all over BFV on PC and the game is apparently missing all its sales marks and the studio might be in trouble after constant fuck ups. Maybe we'll see agnostic implementations in future games but AMD seems to not be focused on RT while Nvidia is pushing it hard like the new PhysX

From what I've heard AMD has had their hands in ray tracing for a longer period, but never in real time. Announcements were made months ago that they'd eventually add support, but I still don't give a damn. All current hardware can manage in real time is ray tracing so minimal that we have to run a graphical hack on top of it to stop it from looking like absolute shit. Besides, raster graphics look pretty damn good already.

DX Raytracing is supposed to be vendor agnostic as long as the hardware can do it. That's probably what you're thinking of. RTX, as I understand it, is that but using Nvidia specific extensions to use the tensor cores on RTX cards to further accelerate the raytracing and also fill in the fuzz you get when you don't do enough iterations on the bounces. Real time raytracing really isn't here at all. Nvidia is kind of taking a shortcut. And unless AMD packs on tensor cores and comes up with their own extension they won't catch up any time soon.

Got pic related for $500 (not limited edition version) and bought it the moment it restocked back in september. Was scared about getting since it was kinda impulse, but any sense of regret is gone now. Literally went out of stock the next morning and still has not been restocked. Card is a beast and runs everything great. Saved money with a freesync monitor and got a great deal on the card.
I'd recommend most people buy AMD cards due to just how much price/performance you will get. You also won't have to deal with the gamebreaking nvidia updates.

Attached: Sapphire_201813153225.jpg (350x350, 15K)

I've got the same thing. Using the power save bios along with that 240Hz Viewsonic monitor. It's really pretty beastly. My favorite part is the lack of tearing on Linux. Big as fuck though. Had to cut my floppy bay out. (because they still sometimes include them for some reason)