How do i block the xmas hat with ublock?

how do i block the xmas hat with ublock?

Attached: maxresdefault(2)-1.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getadblock.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you use a phone.

Attached: Screenshot_20181224-170759_Clover.png (1080x2160, 125K)

this

Attached: Screenshot_20181224-112907.png (1024x768, 183K)

it's

.party-hat {display:none;}

Install Gentoo

how do you see that?
was easy to see the list of elements you could filter on adblock but im too retarded to use ublock properly

||s.4cdn.org/image/xmashat.gif$image

Does defining resource type at the end make the filter more efficient compared to leaving it out?

I guess, that is what ublock generates

Thanks, user: adding this to the 'custom css' field in 4chanX stops hats from appearing in threads, but they're still on the catalog. Is it at all possible to get rid of hats on the catalog via CSS?

.party-hat {
display: none;
}

Add that to your custom CSS you newfag, we go through this every year, unless you have a problem with it affecting load times, which means you need to get better internet.

Based phoneposter

>see annoying xmas thing on Jow Forums
>try to over the ublock thing, doesn't work
>right click to inspect... oh wait, I'm sure Jow Forums has a thread about it, no need to find it myself
>check Jow Forums, literally the first thread on the first page
>as expected, someone did a thread about it so I don't have to look for the element myself

>hiding it instead of blocking it
Yikes

I dont use uBlock Origin because I'm not autistic.
Normal AdBlock does the same job, it blocks all the ads I dont want to see, I havent gotten a single ad in years.

>using AdBloat

enjoy your slow browsing experience

see This method only stops hats from appearing in threads. They still appear in the catalog.

Should just be a toggle in 4chanx imo

>maxresdefault
Scum

I dont have shit internet, what are you talking about "slow experience". It takes me a second to jump onto most websites. Do you live in Australia by any chance?

ty for preventing me to commit suicide

Using inferior products to avoid being perceived as autistic... now THAT is autistic!

>It takes me a second to jump onto most websites
kek, are you living on South Pole

nah, but I'm a neet with poo-tier computer and every little performance optimization matters
But that's not even the point, what's the point of using an inferior product (that sells you to whitelisted advertisers and trackers) when you can use a superior product?

Too much work. I just install AdBlock and it does it's job without need for fiddling.

uBlock Origin requires less fiddling than Adblock plus, uBlock just blocks everything by default, you don't need to opt-out the "non-intrusive" ads thing

I use adblock+, which is
>4channel.org##.party-hat

Kills it on everything.
I'm still not conviced why everyone on Jow Forums likes ublock. I have the whitelist ads disabled on ABP and it works great.

Will this work in greesemonkey? I dn't have a custome css file for firefox

>adblock plus
Who said anything about AdBlock Plus
getadblock.com/
This is what I use

should work with anything that applies css, even Jow Forums inline extension, I just put that line of css on my 4chanX under advanced > css
meh, I rather use something Jow Forums approved since I'm too lazy to test and benchmark myself

>Do you live in Australia by any chance?
Why do you associate bad internet with australia? KEK

For reals, where do you live? I know Aus internt is shit tier. But I never had a problem with ABP.

not trying to be a jerk but I would really appreciate a toggle on 4chanX to remove this shit

fucking annoying

ITT

Attached: 264C719A-3F49-4CE3-A033-9152632F2A49.png (310x253, 4K)

What do you have against the Christmas hat?