Cloudflare DNS censorship

Is anyone else using 1.1.1.1? I cannot visit archive.is using that DNS. Yet if I switch to my ISP DNS or use a VPN, the site works perfect. Anyone else have this issue or notice censorship from cloudflare dns?

Attached: These-people-have-lost-it.jpg (700x269, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.cloudflare.com/t/archive-is-error-1001/18227
breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/16/cloudflare-ceo-woke-bad-mood-decided-ban-daily-stormer-no-one-power/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Noticed the same. Cloudflare DNS doesn't work, but OpenNIC DNS does.

1.1.1.1 censors archive.is because supposedly there’s a serious fuckup from cloudflare saved to it
>source: my ass

So that's why I haven't been able to visit the site. WTF...

>Civility is a tool of white supremacy
What does that even mean? And is that her opinion or is she mocking someone?

this isn't a stupid question though, it's not me being an idiot. this is a technology related discussion on a privacy focused DNS provider censoring access to a website for no logical reason.

what? where did you hear this?

yeah I thought it was down, but noticed people archiving links. switched to my VPN and it worked. switched back to my isp dns and it works. visit it in start page anonymous view and it works. but it's blocked on cloudflare dns.

archive.fo/dk0Rx
twitter.com/ashleyn1cole/status/1011310754258042889

The issue with archive.is has been there ever since Youtubers and Jow Forumsentlemen started to shill Cloudflare's DNS.
It's supposedly on Archive.is' end.

>This is unfortunately something we can’t do something about. Nameservers responsible for archive.is (ben.archive.is, anna.archive.is) are returning answers tailored to the IP address of the requestor.
>Unfortunately, they are telling people to just use Googles dns instead, blaming the issue on CF.
Source: community.cloudflare.com/t/archive-is-error-1001/18227

Sounds like that archive sucks balls desu.

>this isn't a stupid question though, it's not me being an idiot. this is a technology related discussion on a privacy focused DNS provider censoring access to a website for no logical reason.
Point taken.
Don't believe what the packaging says. Cloudflare doesn't care about your privacy. It punishes wrongthink: breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/16/cloudflare-ceo-woke-bad-mood-decided-ban-daily-stormer-no-one-power/.

The owner of archive.is runs his own nameserver and purposefully has it return bogus responses when queried from cloudflare nameservers because he doesn't like cloudflare.

Based and redpilled

oh damn I didn't know that. thanks.

cloudflare are those niggers who mitm everything and force you to enable javascript because of le ddos boogeyman

Thank you for responding.

I use DNS over TLS with 1.1.1.1, archive.is works just fine

yeah it's them, they also save me a lot of money on my hosting for free

I use DNS over TLS with 1.1.1.1 too and archive.is doesn't resolve correctly. I had to set my dnsmasq server to resolve archive.is with google's DNS instead of using my DoT stub.

I really hope that this is true. Got a source?

>banning racist shitters is wrongthink
I like cloudflare already. This just makes me more erect.

yeah I remember that dailystormer shit. I figured them banning a site from using their ddos protection would be different than their DNS straight up banning a site. though apparently it's the site owner banning cloudflare? dunno but thanks for the info everyone.

I'm doing the exact same, and if you look above other people have the same issue and cloudflare says the site owner is blocking cloudflare requests, so unsure how yours works when no one else's does.

I guess you can let this die, sorry I wasn't aware of this earlier.

see And you can check yourself. Try to query anna.archive.is from a cloudflare worker and you'll get back nonsense

I dunno man, maybe, JUST MAYBE, they block by certain criteria.

I'm not a racist either, but companies shouldn't have the right to ban websites they disagree with.

They've dumped one site ever and only after the site tried to rope them as a company into political affiliations. Even then, they only stopped hosting them, and didn't block them at the DNS level or anything.
Meanwhile you can easily just check for yourself that the issue is with archive.is's nameservers purposefully lying to cloudflare, and yet here you are peddling conspiracy.

whatever you say, I could still open archive.is for whatever reason though.

stfu kid

Nice try, fascist.

No one's calling you racist. Except your own conscience.

what does that even mean? what are you implying that "they block by certain criteria? it's established that archive.is isn't blocked by cloudflare by rather archive.is is blocking cloudflare dns. but let's say that's not the case, why would cloudflare block archive.is? it's not a troll website, nor a "racist" site like dailystormer who got blocked by cloudflare only using their reverse proxy service (because of cucks like who support censorship, because they're tranny basedgoys who hate white people), and not blocked on their DNS. what reasoning would cloudflare have to block archive.is?

there's no fucking way in hell you'd catch me using google, cloudflare or even my own isp's dns. that's retarded at all kinds of different levels.

dnscrypt or gtfo.

top fucking kek. good on him.

Yeah dead, the ddos boogieman. Just like the virus boogieman and the Indian scammer boogieman.

>dailystormer is not a racist site

I tried it out several months ago and wondered why people were linking archive.is links even though they were down, then I remembered I switched DNS

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (200x193, 29K)

> everyone is literally hitler if they support freedom of speech and expression!
oh my fucking sides. you need to kill yourself as soon as fucking possible, you worthless pieces of shit.

companies have no reason to do business with those they don't want to.

Cloudflare didn't want to do business with the daily stormer, clear as that. breitbart is a sensationalist rag.

>haha jews are degenerates!
>haha ZOG
>haha we don't think the holocaust happened but it should've!
>haha we support the kkk
>haha we support the neonazi movement
this is what the daily stormer stood for. not to mention the literal nod to stormfront in their fucking name which is widely known as a forum for the KKK, white nationalists, white supremacists, and antisemites.
but please, do go ahead and lie to yourself about how "they only want free speech u wu"

>dailystormer is not racist

Why is dns still a thing?
A local table would a be faster and more secure.

What a fucking nigger, that should be illegal.

hahahaha cloudflare niggers BTFO

And all is right with the world.

Gonna buy the owner a beer if I see him.

Attached: kot.jpg (480x480, 24K)

It doesn't censor archive.is, archive.is is set up in a way that prevents 1x4 from working properly. There are a couple other places, which is why 1x4 coming out in the first place was such a big deal, people previously thought it was impossible due to legacy configurations.

fuck off and die, fascist.

cringe
what happened to le slippery slope argument man
but i agree, 4channel should ban you

>calls me the fascist
>defends fascists
got a real brain genius here folks

Sounds like it's not configured correctly

hmm, works for me accessing archive.is via cf 1.1.1.1

Censhorship is a tool for people who don't have am argument